Camden : MY Story!

pearljam_addictionpearljam_addiction Posts: 668
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Wow last night was one of the best shows i have ever seen!! everything about yesterday was special, and usually tweeter center shows for me are so so , but last nigth was great!!

my tailgate party, got there around 2-230 and we parked in what seemed to be the 10c lot because i met so many people last night from this board and from the 10c. it was the one to the left on Harbour Blvd.
we had about 10 or so people with us, so we had a pretty big crowd. tonite we are going to have alot more because more of my friends were onyl able to get tix for tonite .
the first thing i did when i got there was grab my 10c tix with my friend who iwas sitting with, i was pleased with my seats, i dont have a great # so i didint expect anything more, plus i knew last nights show probabaly had the most 10c memebers in attendance.

the Parking lot scene was so nice, most of the entire day i spent walking around meeting so many people. and everyone was sooo nice and welcoming. i strained my voice before the fucking concert from talking so much. I walked around with my friend "LArge" who was showing everyone he saw his picture in Entertainment Weekly. ( PS: sorry if he got on anyone's nerves :D). i stopped by the CCFA table and met up with a few people from the board, also ways to see pit members.
i just have to say, the peopel who were tailgating next to us really came to party . i mean they didnt spare any expense. they had EVERYTHING , any Kind of food from cookies,pasta salads,various different meats, pizza, etc etc. mean the could have feed a third world country with all of their food.
i went in early to see MMC who were awesome . stopped by the WMMR table and talked to Nick and MAtt Cord from MMR, they are two really genuinely nice people. but you can tell they really wanted to talk to everyone but they ahd a job to do as well and sometimes it looked alittle frustrating for them

MMC were great even though i only got see 3 songs fro mthem becuase i got stuck in the 10c merchandise line for eternity! :D
they ended with Mahgeeta which is my favorite song from them.

THen it was show time !! i cant tell you how fucking insane the crowd went for this band. there is so much love for these guy on the east coast , its unbelievable. from Boston to WAsh, the East cant get enough.

They started out with Wasted Reprise which was nice to hear, and the crowd gave homage to Boom!!. then they went Right into 7 Rockers. Life Wasted, WWS, DTE, Animal, Severed Hand, Corduroy, Marker in the Sand, all of which made the crowd go insane. and i dont know why people keep saying that the crowd isnt showing love for the new songs, because from what i saw last night , they fucking loved them. especially Severed Hand and unemployable. the chorus parts were being sung so loud.
And Then of course Edide had to continue to instigate the fight of whether the Tweeter Center is Philly or NJ. " Where the Fuck Are WE!!"

Lukin into Not4 you was great , lots of energy. i was really amazed how the show was turning out. If anything the show was a DEFINITE ROCK SHOW for sure. Daughter even though ancient now a days still has that umph with the crowd. and i prayed for this tour that they would regroup and learn the full version of WMA, but i guess ill take my Tag and walk on.
the closing four songs from the main set were just magical Jeremy, Present Tense , Why go , and Porch. god you couldnt ask for more of a perfect ender. the crowd gave so much love for all ofthese songs. Hearing Present tense live never gets old . as one of my favorite songs, everytime i hear it live its real special. Porch was crazy, he started it out real real slow this time, almost so where i didnt recoginze it at first, then he pumped right intothe words. the solo band jam was awesome , they huddled up to them selves and enjoyed a rock out session .

When they came back the crowd let them know we were ready for anything. he introduced the entire band and then said he would also like us to join , and which seems like a philly staple, let us sing the first verse. Come back Live, i cant say it enough was truly amazing to hear live, and the Corwd sung along to every word, which gave me a smile .

after small town came the long speech about wrongly convicted people and the lack of DNA testing. and the introduction to some of the people whos convictions were overturned. they stayed on stage and helped the band out with Last kiss, and then edd said following LK " this next song is for them" , and then irght into ALive!

Second Encore was something, and i know many people agree, VErY UNEXPECTED. i just figured maybe three songs one of them being YLB.BUT NO, a TRULY BALLS TO THE WALL ROCKER!!!! Ed told the corwd " its saturday night and we dont have anywhere to go " and ripped right into SOLAT< then into BLOOD! then most Surprising, a Second Encore EVENFLOW???, the crowd at this point from all of the energy the band was releasing were going insane. there was one guy way up front maybe in the first row who didnt stop jumping up and down the entire concert, that was great!
then the band decided to truly bring down the house with COmatose, which everyone loved and rocked out to , and then the moment we were all waiting for........... LEASH!!!!!! i cant even tell you what the place looked like when the band jumped right into it, i mean from the opening riff to the very last guitar strum, and place did not stop jumping and screaming. ithought there was going to be a riot !!! J/k and it sounded soo good , just like the good old days !!!
then came the closing Staples!! RITFW and YLB, to whic hthe crowd made sure the band knew our appreciation for everything!!! ritfw was full of energy. i think we supplied the sity of camden with its electricity last night. and ylb amazingly the crowd stayed for every part and sung along

then after 2hours and 45 mintues of pure rock the concert was over!! and then i hightailed back to the ferry ;D
last night was just simply magical, and everyone around me was have a great itime , sec 202 were animals !! i cant wait for tonite !
"I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• eddies grrleddies grrl Posts: 509
    i loved when they came back- not sure if it was encore 1 or 2- and ed said something like, "we just realized it's saturday night and we have nothing to do after this, so we're staying a while." :D i think i lost my voice completely after that.

edit- oops, didn't see that you posted about that already... :o
    Life is the riddle
    Of which we're caught in the middle.
    A couple of lucky ones
    Tangled up in too much love
    ~cowboy junkies
  • i loved when they came back- not sure if it was encore 1 or 2- and ed said something like, "we just realized it's saturday night and we have nothing to do after this, so we're staying a while." :D i think i lost my voice completely after that.

edit- oops, didn't see that you posted about that already... :o

hopefully tonite hell realize that its sunday nite and most people dont have work tommorrow!!!:D
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • TooMuchBloodTooMuchBlood Posts: 312
    That might have been the strongest first set I've seen them done, and the crowd had a BIG part to do with that! It's always hard to gauge and recall, but I think last night's crowd might have been louder that the two loudest I've been part of: Spectrum '03 and Reading '04. By the last two sets, I think the crowd was fairly spent. I know I was. I could barely talk before yesterday's show without rasping and cracking, and today, my voice is plain shot.

It amazes me that the band is able to put on 30-song shows at their age. I'm 28, and I felt as if I ran a marathon then played a game of hoops afterward.

See you all there for round two tonight!
  • (It amazes me that the band is able to put on 30-song shows at their age. I'm 28, and I felt as if I ran a marathon then played a game of hoops afterward.)

I felt the same way. I was exhuasted after the first set was over. Besides Come Back (which was amazing) and Last Kiss the show was just non-stop energy. I dont care what people say about too many hits. Jeremy will never get old live.
  • (It amazes me that the band is able to put on 30-song shows at their age. I'm 28, and I felt as if I ran a marathon then played a game of hoops afterward.)

I felt the same way. I was exhuasted after the first set was over. Besides Come Back (which was amazing) and Last Kiss the show was just non-stop energy. I dont care what people say about too many hits. Jeremy will never get old live.

Jeremy won't get old when the bust it out on our asses like that!

Was it just me, or did Stone bring his A-game? Its good to see him not afraid to pull his balls out and lay it down on us. The whole band was rocking...the whole show was rocking!
    9/11/98 5/3/03 9/28/04 10/3/05 05/27/06 6/22/08 6/25/08
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    after small town came the long speech about wrongly convicted people and the lack of DNA testing. and the introduction to some of the people whos convictions were overturned.
    that's called sucking the life out of a show.
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • merlin401merlin401 Posts: 230
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    that's called sucking the life out of a show.
    Agreed... that was a reaaaaaaal rambling speech. Unbiased grades:

Crowd: A (from where I was anyway, insane...)
    Setlist: B (a bit radio hit top heavy)
    Set #1: A (great energy throughout... awesome ending)
    Enc #1: C+ (it did die in the middle... Alive closed brilliantly though)
    Enc #2: A+ (off the hook... leash, comatose, blood, even flow, RITFW which was the craziest version i've heard prob, and the star-spangled banner tag)
    Jones Beach II (2000), Holmdel (2003), Camden I, East Rutherford II, Gorge I, Gorge II (2006), MSG I, Boston II (2008), Spectrum II, Spectrum III, Spectrum IV (2009), MSG I, MSG II (2010), Prague (2012), Philly I (2013), Philly I, Philly II, Fenway I (2016), Fenway I (2018), MSG (2022), MSG I, Fenway 1 (2024)
  • outontheporchoutontheporch Posts: 172
    dude from what you've said, sounds like they should have dropped the leash first in Camden, not boston.

And I bought the boston boot too! looks like ill be buying this one too, cause it sounds like you guys had a crapload of energy!
    "I forgot the F***ing song."
    - Eddie Vedder, San Francisco 7-16-06, after botching Sometimes, the night's opener

http://people.ucsc.edu/~mquery/pics/pujolsFTW.JPG
  • LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    That might have been the strongest first set I've seen them done, and the crowd had a BIG part to do with that!

It's funny how 2 people can be at the same show and see things differently.
    This was about the 15th Pearl Jam Show I've ever been to and I would say it as average at best.
    I've heard Eddie and the boys sound better and I've definitely seen better set lists.

I'm not saying that I didn't have a good time, but it was far from a strong first set.
  • WashMyLoveWashMyLove Posts: 804
    the ride on NJtransit then the River Rail took for ever....We missed our train coming back to NYC. If we had gone to Trenton we probably had to sleep in the station....and that to me is a no no...special when it's two females alone.lol
    so we decided to take the ferry to Philly and look for a hotel....all Sold out...Difficult to find one until finally found the Omni Hotel with one room left. Shit we spend $223.00 for a night :( but I have to appreciative that we didn't sleep in the street....The funny thing is that we had gone to Philly earlier to check out the Liberty Bell and we saw some tourist and not many people in the street. Some restaurants wouldn't serve you after 5pm.... very quiet, businesses closed....so I was scared to go there in the night thinking it was going to be a ghost town...Yeah right!!!!
    The freaks come out at night.lol
    Everyone was hagging out in clubs in the streets...I felt like I was in the city that doesn't sleep.....

But just an advice...If you can't get a drive to Candem from NYC....Don't go there unless you decide to sleep over..lol
    Or else you will be stranded like my friend and I.

Anyways the Show was Great! Very memorable...The three men that are free from such injustice...The second encore was crazy...Very fast and loud....The band had such energy to play for us and we gave back that energy too.

I can only wish they play Tremor Christ and/or some Rarerities for the 1st. E. Rutherford show....

Now that's my crazy night at Cademn NJ.