Abbey Road Web Cam

SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm not sure how long this has been up, or if there's already a thread about it somewhere here. I did a search and didn't see one. But they have a web cam up at the Abbey Road crossing so you can watch all the people try to play Frogger and get their picture taken while dodging the traffic. I didn't realize there was so much traffic there, it's a pretty busy street.

http://www.abbeyroad.com/Crossing

Right now it's getting dark so there's not a lot of people there, but during the day it's pretty hectic.

One of the guys on the Stones site posted this picture (it's not from the web cam) that I found pretty funny.

abbeyroad.jpg
"See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,685
    Whats with the crooked white lines, someone drunk when the painting occured
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    BLACK35 wrote:

I wondered that myself. I always figured it was something that was done at just that one crossing to distinguish it, but it supposedly means something as far as traffic goes and is common over there. I've read it means a no parking zone, or that it is at all zebra crossings and means drivers have to yield to pedestrians in that area, or both. Maybe a British Ten-clubber can clear that up.
  • BigdaBigda Posts: 469
    remember that American dude in "Sicko" by Michael Moore, who saved up some $$$ to go to London especially to try to cross the street walking on his arms, fell and broke his arm? :lol::lol:
    so hilarious!
    :lol::lol:
    Prague '95 (w/Neil Young), Warsaw '96, Seattle '98, Katowice x2 '00, Berlin '00, Berlin '06, Katowice '07, Copenhagen '07, Belfast '10, Berlin '10, Amsterdam '12, Prague'12, Berlin x2 '12, Vienna '14, Berlin '14..
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    I walked across that. people got pissed.
  • bignumptybignumpty Posts: 139
    BLACK35 wrote:

You MUST NOT park on a crossing or in the area covered by the zig-zag lines. You MUST NOT overtake the moving vehicle nearest the crossing or the vehicle nearest the crossing which has stopped to give way to pedestrians.

Well that kept me busy whilst waiting for the AFC championship game!
  • BigdaBigda Posts: 469
    bignumpty wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

You MUST NOT park on a crossing or in the area covered by the zig-zag lines. You MUST NOT overtake the moving vehicle nearest the crossing or the vehicle nearest the crossing which has stopped to give way to pedestrians.

Enjoy your game! :)
    Prague '95 (w/Neil Young), Warsaw '96, Seattle '98, Katowice x2 '00, Berlin '00, Berlin '06, Katowice '07, Copenhagen '07, Belfast '10, Berlin '10, Amsterdam '12, Prague'12, Berlin x2 '12, Vienna '14, Berlin '14..
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    bignumpty wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

It certainly doesn't mean you MUST slow down, people are flying through there. And on the wrong side of the fucking street no less!!! ;)