saturday, january 21, 2012. national squirrel and hug day

chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
today is national hugs and squirrel day here in the u.s.
i heard this on the radio this morning

i thought to myself, "ya know, this is the kinda stuff wonderous and miraculous threads are made of over there on pearl jam."

now go get your nuts, feed 'em to a squirrel and hug someone if not the squirrel then hug your lover, your friend, your cat, hug your dad, hug your postman or postwoman...for christ sakes hug a complete stranger then throw your nuts around

squirrel-nuts-1-300x282.jpg

freehug.jpg
for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
I am tired; my heart is
sick and sad. From where
the sun stands I will fight
no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    from one squirrel to another...

hey man got any crack?
    50413_182812217922_4761226_n.jpg

naw man, me no crack doer...but i got me some nuts and a blade of grass stuck up my ass someplace
    Squirrel-Nuts-703223.jpg

you're no fun...now get out my tree
    50413_182812217922_4761226_n.jpg

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Happy Hug-A-Squirrel Day!

I've done my part--I put some food out for the squirrels this morning (well, actually, it's for the birds, but who are we kidding?)
    ELITIST FUK
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I'm all for a national hug day but I am not going to encourage the squirrels. They don't need any more encouragement because they are already too pesty!

Back in Rochester, they used to make our garbage bins The Squirrel Cafe and take suicide runs in front of the car while we backed out of the long driveway. :?

Here in Tampa, a family moved into our attic and we had to have them re-located...they also use our lanai as a convenient freeway to get from one tree to another.

Damn squirrels! :twisted:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    justam wrote:
    I'm all for a national hug day but I am not going to encourage the squirrels. They don't need any more encouragement because they are already too pesty!

Back in Rochester, they used to make our garbage bins The Squirrel Cafe and take suicide runs in front of the car while we backed out of the long driveway. :?

Here in Tampa, a family moved into our attic and we had to have them re-located...they also use our lanai as a convenient freeway to get from one tree to another.

:lol:

you made me laugh, justly
    funny stuff @ garbage bins being the squirrel cafe

btw, fyi... there is a breed of rats in florida that go up high and get into attics. roof rats? attic rats? something like this. i wonder if there are up high rats in tampa? weird deal.

when i drove truck i became friends w/ a fellow driver who lived in florida. one 4th of july weekend we went to his house to bbq and relax. i had 34 hrs off duty time. set. the dude lived in a 500,000 dollar home. dude had a rat problem in his attic. this was near miami.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    justam wrote:

Awww, c'mon...as Cyndi Lauper says, "Squirrels just wanna have fun!"
    ELITIST FUK
    SD48277 wrote:

Awww, c'mon...as Cyndi Lauper says, "Squirrels just wanna have fun!"

:D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    chadwick wrote:

btw, fyi... there is a breed of rats in florida that go up high and get into attics. roof rats? attic rats? something like this. i wonder if there are up high rats in tampa? weird deal.

when i drove truck i became friends w/ a fellow driver who lived in florida. one 4th of july weekend we went to his house to bbq and relax. i had 34 hrs off duty time. set. the dude lived in a 500,000 dollar home. dude had a rat problem in his attic. this was near miami.

Wow. I wonder why he didn't hire someone to get them out of there? We had to hire a company to capture and remove the squirrels humanely. If they aren't re-located they come back...

Rats could do a lot of damage if they chewed on the wires up there! :?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    Squirrels are rats with fluffy tails.

Ooohh...look at that cute itty squirrel.....
    AHHHHH! Oh no! A RAT! RUN!
    only difference....fluff vs. wire tail

Plus...squirrels are humanely removed from your attic
    rats? Not.
    justam wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

Wow. I wonder why he didn't hire someone to get them out of there? We had to hire a company to capture and remove the squirrels humanely. If they aren't re-located they come back...

Rats could do a lot of damage if they chewed on the wires up there! :?
    when did i say he never had them removed?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I like Red Squirrels, they are getting rarer and rarer round here, the gray squirrel is pushing northwards.

I like the idea of squirrel day and hug day :D
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    SD48277 wrote:
    Happy Hug-A-Squirrel Day!

I've done my part--I put some food out for the squirrels this morning (well, actually, it's for the birds, but who are we kidding?)
    We are always chasing squirrels off our bird feeder. The dogs are happy to help. It's like the movie Up, I can't even say the word "squirrel" without my dogs running for the door.

I posted these pics on the Doggie Thread a while back. We keep our bird seed in a can in the bushes by the back porch. A few years ago our dog Pete was acting VERY interested in the bird seed can:

DSC01929.jpg

DSC01931.jpg

So we opened the lid and what did we find:

DSC01933.jpg

No hugs for that squirrel. :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    Lol :)

One time my husband lifted the garbage bin lid and a squirrel FLEW out at him. Straight up. It was startling. :shock: :P
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Claireack wrote:
    I like Red Squirrels, they are getting rarer and rarer round here, the gray squirrel is pushing northwards.

I like the idea of squirrel day and hug day :D

Interesting fact there's a town close to where I live that is known for it's white squirrels and I've learned that white is the dominant gene so, theoretically if the world lasts long enough they'll all be white. The town is about 20 miles or so away and there's already a growing population of whites in my town.
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    thumbnail.aspx?q=1516504422426&id=a823d23ea8dc1ff454676ea29dd39a87&url=http%3a%2f%2fcdn.pimpmyspace.org%2fmedia%2fpms%2fc%2f1k%2fk6%2f6p%2fhugs82.jpg

thumbnail.aspx?q=1581162373275&id=1371b8e088cd3ea712e5991de00542c7&url=http%3a%2f%2fi262.photobucket.com%2falbums%2fii98%2fAurora2480%2fHugs%2fth_ilovesquirrels-1.jpg

A hugging day is my kind of day! :thumbup: :mrgreen:8-)
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!