Options

Very specific MSG/Penn Station train question

JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
How quickly do you think you could get from the interior of MSG down into Penn station to catch a train? Something has come up and I may not be able to stay for the whole MSG II show (I need to be home in upstate NY by the next morning), but I want to stay for as much as possible, and then get down to Penn station to catch a train. Would it take 15 minutes? Half hour? (Since I'd be leaving before the show is over I probably wouldn't have to deal with making my way through the crowd) It probably won't work, but I'm trying to figure out ALL possibilities in the hopes of seeing at least part of the show.
R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    sarah vesarah ve Posts: 43
    JaneNY wrote:
    How quickly do you think you could get from the interior of MSG down into Penn station to catch a train? Something has come up and I may not be able to stay for the whole MSG II show (I need to be home in upstate NY by the next morning), but I want to stay for as much as possible, and then get down to Penn station to catch a train. Would it take 15 minutes? Half hour? (Since I'd be leaving before the show is over I probably wouldn't have to deal with making my way through the crowd) It probably won't work, but I'm trying to figure out ALL possibilities in the hopes of seeing at least part of the show.

I think it would absolutely be possible as long as you have your train scheduled and know excatly what train you are taking.They call trains and board them immediately, as long as you know how to read the boards you will be good. It's a pretty quick process.I would say 15 minutes, but that also depends on if you plan to take the subway or a cab.
    See you at the beach!! 6/17

~Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities~
    -Voltaire
  • Options
    ovechkin8ovechkin8 Posts: 491
    5-10 minutes
  • Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    The toughest part will be getting out of the main arena. MSG has very, very narrow hallways and corridors, so getting out can take a very long time. I'd say 15-20 minutes, 10 if you are lucky.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    The toughest part will be getting out of the main arena. MSG has very, very narrow hallways and corridors, so getting out can take a very long time. I'd say 15-20 minutes, 10 if you are lucky.

Thank you (everyone who posted). I'll be in 10 club seats, so at least I won't have to navigate lots of stairs from nosebleed (most likely) and I'm quick on my feet if no one's in my way. The train leaves at 10:45. It'll get me as far as Albany at 1:15am and I'll drive the rest of the way. I just *may* give it a try. An hour and a half of Pearl Jam (come out of the show at 10:15 or so) is better than none!
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    JaneNY wrote:
    An hour and a half of Pearl Jam (come out of the show at 10:15 or so) is better than none!

You should be fine. Try to find out what platform the train will leave from before you go to the show. That may make things easier.

See you there!
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    if you leave early, you should be able to make it down to penn in 5-7 minutes.
    "and onward goes this thing of ours."

Paulie "Walnuts" Gualtieri
  • Options
    nukeboot wrote:
    You should be fine. Try to find out what platform the train will leave from before you go to the show. That may make things easier.

See you there!

That is a good idea. This is sounding more doable. Thanks everyone!