Godin Guitars. Any advice?

whygohomewhygohome Posts: 2,305
edited March 2012 in Musicians and Gearheads
I saw this on craigslist. Any thoughts?

Godin G4000 Electric Guitar. $250 OBO Price negotiable.
Beautiful Electric blue with pearl accent includes brand new cable still in package. Comes with original case. Amp is a 15r fender amp.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Might just be the best value in electric guitars at the moment.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • whygohomewhygohome Posts: 2,305
    Might just be the best value in electric guitars at the moment.

I think I'm gonna grab it. I offered 200 and they said that was cool.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    This will probably be the next guitar I buy.

lg_godin5thavecognacpucw.jpg

Only read good things about this company.
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    godin/seagull = win

great company
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    DewieCox wrote:

I'm planning on getting this on March 8th. Was torn between this and the original Kingpin, but this is the one I've currently settled on.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    DewieCox wrote:

Great guitars!

The Freeway Classic was the first guitar I bought (I had a starter electric before)... Still a great guitar!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • A friend of mine has a Godin with P-90's, can't think of the model. Great great quality.

You'll be fine...
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • whulmefwhulmef Posts: 176
    I love my Godin. But more importantly, John McLaughlin plays one, enough said.
  • big mickbig mick Posts: 773
    Forums are good, played a few, kept tune and seem safe enough, for the money you can't go far off the tracks.
    Reading England 2006, Manchester England 2009, London England 2010, Manchester 1 2012, EV London 1 2012
  • whygohomewhygohome Posts: 2,305
    It's a good guitar, and I am happy with my purchase--especially for only $200. I brought it to a local guitar shop and asked if it needed any upgrades or if they recommend adding anything to it and the reply was, "no, it's fine. I take this as a good sign b/c I was giving them business and they were honest and did not try to swindle me.....as many auto shops are known to do sometimes.

Anyway, I also bought a new Crate amp, and I love turning the knobs to 11 and wailing in the basement
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    DewieCox wrote:

have you tried it out yet? I'm looking into getting it in the next couple weeks.