Why Sports Are for Losers

2»

Comments

• cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    pjhawks wrote:
    it's why often times when someone brings up a great sports moment my mind immediately goes to where i was and who i was with as it occurred.

I can't agree with this enough!
    That's like saying you shouldn't watch movies because if it doesn't win the Academy Award for best picture it's pointless.

It all depends on how high your hopes are to watch a movie. It is a big letdown when everyone and their brother tells you to watch a certain movie or critics rave about it and it ends up sucking(causing disappoinment). Same thing with sports but at least sports creates memories and plays(good or bad) that will stay with you. Critics and sports writers had the Packers as a shoe-in for the title this year. Those that realize the old saying 'any given sunday' and don't get their hopes up too high won't feel as letdown when their team collapses(e.g. 07 Patriots).
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Jason P wrote:
    The most important part about sports is that it allows good reason for drinking beer and eating crappy food.

If you crack a beer at 9 am on a routine Saturday, people consider you an alcholic. Do it at 9 am at a tailgate, and no one gives you a second glance.

This is why sports are important!

You and I are on the same wavelength my friend.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    crazypjfan wrote:
    That's like saying you shouldn't watch movies because if it doesn't win the Academy Award for best picture it's pointless.

It all depends on how high your hopes are to watch a movie. It is a big letdown when everyone and their brother tells you to watch a certain movie or critics rave about it and it ends up sucking(causing disappoinment). Same thing with sports but at least sports creates memories and plays(good or bad) that will stay with you. Critics and sports writers had the Packers as a shoe-in for the title this year. Those that realize the old saying 'any given sunday' and don't get their hopes up too high won't feel as letdown when their team collapses(e.g. 07 Patriots).

Well, as a Packers fan I wasn't buying into that hype. Seeing that bad defense every week made me very skeptical about a repeat.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    crazypjfan wrote:

Well, as a Packers fan I wasn't buying into that hype. Seeing that bad defense every week made me very skeptical about a repeat.

That's because you are a realist, my friend ;) However, I didn't anticipate seeing the Niners/Giants playing for the NFC championship. Strange how things work out(or don't) in the NFL..
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    sports teams make me physically exhausted as does sports radio. basketball, baseball, football, ect,,, all bullshit and all a waste of time for me. hence why i don't watch them. and i don't own a tv anyway. i did have that little red dora explorer television until my landlord wanted it back...im like here, have the little fuckin thing, i need not the little red box of moving pictures with quick tall gigantic men bending over in front of each other, stupid jerseys in the crowd...go number(suck my ball)12...you rule...number 2 is a blowjob artist.

sporting team owners like that jerry jones in dallas, texas. he's a real prize that prick... dallas cowboy dynasty my frickin ass a rich dick.
    can't stand that dude.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • I'll never understand straight males that aren't into sports
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    I'll never understand straight males that aren't into sports
    i do understand why many straight males enjoy sports/watching sports. please do not make me post them reasons. :evil:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    if you act like this

http://youtu.be/ZjvXxwvg8mc

then you're probably a loser
    norm wrote:
    if you act like this

http://youtu.be/ZjvXxwvg8mc

then you're probably a loser

:lol: That's why the Pack lost. It was the fuckin sparkles! :lol:
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    That chick is seriously disturbed.

It's not only Packers fans though...

http://youtu.be/di1UAAyOwwA
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I really don't care that much about sports. I used to love basketball, and then my beloved Sonics got taken away. Never been a fanatic though. If they lost, they lost, if they won I was happy. Hell, I even worked at Field of Dreams for a year.

I recently had a 'revelation':

Why can't a guy just watch the highlights? I mean a 3 hour game condensed down to a 5 minute clip of just highlights...ok, so he wants to watch the entire game, because he likes the build-up to the end, he has to watch the plays, how players make their moves. But then, isn't the game just like foreplay? I mean, there is the build up to the 'happy ending' and in that case, it's a sure thing. C'mon guys, women don't like to deal with 'just the highlights'...we want the 3 hours of 'build up to the happy ending'.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

Why can't a guy just watch the highlights? I mean a 3 hour game condensed down to a 5 minute clip of just highlights...ok, so he wants to watch the entire game, because he likes the build-up to the end, he has to watch the plays, how players make their moves. But then, isn't the game just like foreplay? I mean, there is the build up to the 'happy ending' and in that case, it's a sure thing. C'mon guys, women don't like to deal with 'just the highlights'...we want the 3 hours of 'build up to the happy ending'.

I think you answered your own question. Gotta love the foreplay, as in four quarters of play! ;)
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I really don't care that much about sports. I used to love basketball, and then my beloved Sonics got taken away. Never been a fanatic though. If they lost, they lost, if they won I was happy. Hell, I even worked at Field of Dreams for a year.

I recently had a 'revelation':

well yeah. who doesn't enjoy 3 hr sex? you mean to tell me that some men, a lot or whatever the % is that they enjoy the ending and this is how they perform w/ their lady friends? no wonder they, the men, would rather play video games...they suck in bed so they avoid making nice wonderful long love w/ their lady by watching 3 hours of men in tight pants play football and or gaming

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    crazypjfan wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

I think you answered your own question. Gotta love the foreplay, as in four quarters of play! ;)
    when you have a women at home ya don't sit there and watch 3 hrs of anything on the tv. especially if she aint into it. i love discovery channel and history channel. do i watch 3 hrs of it while she is sitting there twitling her thumbs? no. i get after her. then again my sex drive is high and in full.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    They are many fans who like sports and teams who root for only winners....they to me are frauds. I root for the teams from my youth in Beantown but more so for THE WAY they play the game and sport.

I played just about all of them from hockey, soccer, all the majors to cricket. :D

I love to see a nice play even from teams I can't stand, seeing a great defensive effort, a great catch or a nice give and go or a nice glove save in hockey. This to me is understood much more if one has played that sport....it's even better seeing this in person. Great article but I don't agree with it at all.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)