official...someone start an official setlist thread...

Comments

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,341
    So crazy how they can breathe new life into a song that’s played so frequently by moving it up. At msg in 2022 porch absolutely slayed in the early spot. 
  • What time did they go on? 
    8:20 
  • seanwonseanwon Posts: 447
    1 Garden
    2 Porch
    3 Wishlist
    1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville
    2024: 9/3 MSG 1, 9/4 MSG 2 , 9/15 Fenway 1, 9/17 Fenway 2
  • Ok! 10min away from the venue. Haven’t missed anything I haven’t heard before. Running sooooooooooo late. 
    Pearl Jam: 9/4/00 7/1/03 5/30/06 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 8/23/09 8/24/09 10/28/09 10/31/09 5/20/10 10/15/13 8/7/16 9/2/18 9/4/18 9/5/23 9/7/23 8/29/24 8/31/24

Eddie Vedder: 6/15/09 6/16/11
    Porch into wishlist? Ok? Hahah. 
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,763
    Porch so early in the setlist = some mind boggling bizarro shit
  • pjscreamerpjscreamer Posts: 599
    Unfortunately not in wrigley this time around but word on the street has a Chelois in GA 
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
    24)MSG I,II
  • Comeback
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Garden
    Porch
    Wishlist 
    Come Back 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,432
    Interesting spot for Porch surrounded by slower songs. 
    PJNB said:
    Odd. I wonder if that’s on the OG set like that 
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,763
    Maybe this means RVM will close out the main set 
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    I want to say something like momentum killer with Wishlist after it but I will refrain lol
    PJNB said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    I want to say something like momentum killer with Wishlist after it but I will refrain lol
    How can it not be? But I’m not there so I can’t say. 
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,174
    Official setlist thread is up and running 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
    I’m really hoping I can continue my streak of avoiding wishlist but it’s bound to pop up in nyc or Philly. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,415
    wishlist has actually grown on me over the years.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    I don’t hate it I just don’t think I ever need it live again. Especially with such limited slots on the setlist. 
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,376
    nicknyr15 said:
    So crazy how they can breathe new life into a song that’s played so frequently by moving it up. At msg in 2022 porch absolutely slayed in the early spot. 
    Yes. I would have a completely different reaction to "Even Flow" if they, say, opened with it (although I understand why it's slotted where it is from a show management standpoint). 
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    BF25394 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Yes. I would have a completely different reaction to "Even Flow" if they, say, opened with it (although I understand why it's slotted where it is from a show management standpoint). 
    Even swapping alive and even flows position would change the show so much without really changing anything. If the pool of songs they pull from is getting less and less than messing with the structure will definitely help. 
  • yosiyosi Posts: 2,991
    nicknyr15 said:
    BF25394 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Even swapping alive and even flows position would change the show so much without really changing anything. If the pool of songs they pull from is getting less and less than messing with the structure will definitely help. 
    100%. Also, I think there are two other factors at play: 1. How many songs were played at the previous show? From that perspective, the variety at both Wrigley shows was pretty excellent. If there is this percentage of variety at both MSG shows, I will be thrilled. 

2. But if you look at this tour, basically 100% of songs have been played this tour. They aren’t really pulling out anything wildly different. When I’m Hiding and Smile become the rarities of the show, we’ve entered a different area. 

I’m still grateful to go, and can’t wait to see three shows in a tour for the first time in 15+ years!
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    yosi said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    BF25394 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    100%. Also, I think there are two other factors at play: 1. How many songs were played at the previous show? From that perspective, the variety at both Wrigley shows was pretty excellent. If there is this percentage of variety at both MSG shows, I will be thrilled. 

2. But if you look at this tour, basically 100% of songs have been played this tour. They aren’t really pulling out anything wildly different. When I’m Hiding and Smile become the rarities of the show, we’ve entered a different area. 

I’m still grateful to go, and can’t wait to see three shows in a tour for the first time in 15+ years!

In Hiding has definitely been a rarity over the last 20 years or so, it had been 15 years since I'd seen it and I've been to every Chicago show in that time. Only the 3rd time out of my 24 shows. Also, when it comes to rarity, I think you need to count Garden as the opener. Only the second time ever!
  • An idea that popped into my head to help break up the setlist and give Ed’s voice a break is the band to play the version of Brother without the lyrics. 

Could replace evenflow being played at every show or it could be slotted right before/after the encore as an extended bit of rest. 

Probably won’t happen but just trying to think of ways to spice up these setlists in a new era where it seems like they’re very conscious of playing shorter shows and not wearing anyone out.
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
    Vegas 1+2 '24
    LA 1+2 '24
    MSG 1+2 '24
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,376
    nicknyr15 said:
    BF25394 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Good point. "Alive" has always been one of my two or three favorite Pearl Jam songs-- and I'm not really a Ten guy (it's great, but they got much better from there)-- but its performance in the encore in recent years has felt so perfunctory. For one thing, performing it in the middle of the main set would probably mean the lights would be down, which would feel like a novelty after the last 50 times I've seen it all being with the house lights on.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • nicknyr15 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I don’t hate it I just don’t think I ever need it live again. Especially with such limited slots on the setlist. 
    same here. Garden to porch!...to Wishlist last night. Would have loved to keep the energy flying. Don't get me wrong it's a good song but it has it's place in a setlist
    2016: Telluride, CO
    2018: Fenway 1
    2021: Sea.Hear.Now
    2022: San Diego, MSG, Camden 
    2023: Ft. Worth 1, Ft. Worth 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
    2024: Las Vegas 1, Las Vegas 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,552
    I'm so done with wishlist,  thought unknown,LB . They can retire imo.
    In hiding is the best live song with faithfull I could have these every show 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • yosiyosi Posts: 2,991
    Unthought Known might not be their worst song, but it’s definitely their cringiest. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,299
    I love where I’m at these days when it comes to seeing the band when they tour! No expectations don’t really care what set list I’ll get to the only show I’m going to just want to see old friends and enjoy the 2 hours of music! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    I love where I’m at these days when it comes to seeing the band when they tour! No expectations don’t really care what set list I’ll get to the only show I’m going to just want to see old friends and enjoy the 2 hours of music! 
    You doing MSG?
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,552
    yosi said:
    Unthought Known might not be their worst song, but it’s definitely their cringiest. 
    Yeah I got that the wrong way round it's that dead to me.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -