Eccentric

iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
would you tell someone that they are eccentric with a smile on your face, like it is good?
9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
10/10 - Brad in B'more
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• iluvcats wrote:
    would you tell someone that they are eccentric with a smile on your face, like it is good?

Is being eccentric a bad thing?
    PJ Manchester MEN - 20.06.12
    PJ Manchester MEN - 21.06.12
    EV Manchester O2 Apollo - 28.07.12
    PJ Leeds Arena - 08.07.14
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    oh my God, could you reply to me more often. love your avatar and sig line.
    I recently overhead the conversation where eccentric was used and when I mentioned it to someone else, they said it means they are odd. I mean, I knew what it meant but I looked it up on dictionary dot com and I would not tell someone they are eccentric.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • iluvcats wrote:
    oh my God, could you reply to me more often. love your avatar and sig line.
    I recently overhead the conversation where eccentric was used and when I mentioned it to someone else, they said it means they are odd. I mean, I knew what it meant but I looked it up on dictionary dot com and I would not tell someone they are eccentric.

Replying to your reply teehee! ;)

A girl I used to work was eccentric and she liked the fact that she was...I can't quite put my finger on what it is about someone but I think you could probably tell, there's something about how they put themselves across.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Eccentric doesn't have to be negative. Odd doesn't either. It's just someone who doesn't fit in with another person's norm/conventions. Just being a bit quirky, a bit different to what one would expect perhaps? I guess on how one takes this depends on the rest of the conversation. I could easily accept someone telling me I'm eccentric with a smile. I would take it as a compliment! :mrgreen:
  • redrock wrote:
    Eccentric doesn't have to be negative. Odd doesn't either. It's just someone who doesn't fit in with another person's norm/conventions. Just being a bit quirky, a bit different to what one would expect perhaps? I guess on how one takes this depends on the rest of the conversation. I could easily accept someone telling me I'm eccentric with a smile. I would take it as a compliment! :mrgreen:

Quirky - that's the word! I would take it as a compliment too. :D
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I've had people call me eccentric before and I took it as a compliment. I don't really see anything wrong with being a bit unconventional and slightly strange. I personally don't think I'm overly eccentric though....maybe compared to some people I am....but certainly not very much when compared to others. I guess it depends on what a person classes as "normal".
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★