When does flirting become borderline stalking?

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Fellow gentlemen..

We've all done our fair share of flirting, but where do you draw the line.. what makes you stop flirting and move on?

My girlfriend works in retail and quite frequently, men who are 20+ years her senior flirt with her.. and they don't get a clue.

Even after she responds to a question of "you must get hit on a lot" and she responds "no, I usually end it because I have a boyfriend".. yet they still continue.. asking her when she works next.. asking her to help them to the dressing room, even asking how their crotch looks in jeans.

Am I being the paranoid boyfriend or should I be ready to lay the smack down on some middle-aged men? :lol:

That said, when I was single, it was pretty much the first response from a women that told me if she was or wasn't interested.. They either move all of their attention to you or they continue to pretend you aren't really there.. Why do some guys continue to battle?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• __ Posts: 6,651
    Even after she responds to a question of "you must get hit on a lot" and she responds "no, I usually end it because I have a boyfriend".. yet they still continue..

I'm not a fellow gentleman but, if I were, I might take the above response to mean that I still have a chance because she usually ends it with other guys but hasn't (to my knowledge) ended it with me.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    _ wrote:
    Even after she responds to a question of "you must get hit on a lot" and she responds "no, I usually end it because I have a boyfriend".. yet they still continue..

I'm not a fellow gentleman but, if I were, I might take the above response to mean that I still have a chance because she usually ends it with other guys but hasn't (to my knowledge) ended it with me.
    She was not flirting back.. just responding to questions, but I could see the idiot still doing the flirting translating it that way. :?
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    she could tell them that she is there to work, not to make dates.
    if they ask how their pkg looks in their pants, I would tell them "I have no opinion."
    she could always tell them she could get her mgr to provide their opinion on their pkg in their pants.
    that should shut them up...
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    It is the nature of retail, and it's mostly harmless even if they are disgusting perverts. Let it go.

On the other hand, when they ask her how their crotch looks, she should just laugh (at them, not with them).
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    when a restraining order is needed?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • if someone,men or women want to cut the flirt or hiting can do it easy and in no time...
    its easy to say with alot of ways im not intresting and make the other person to go away..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    81 wrote:
    i usually wait for the pepper spray
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    who trys on new jeans and asks the store clerk lady how his crotch looks in the new jeans? only a stupid cocksucker would say something like that. maybe she oughta kick the fucker square in the nuts next time? and she could and never be charged with a crime of assault.

"how's my package look in these jeans"
    that is bullshit.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    who trys on new jeans and asks the store clerk lady how his crotch looks in the new jeans? only a stupid cocksucker would say something like that. maybe she oughta kick the fucker square in the nuts next time? and she could and never be charged with a crime of assault.

that is bullshit.

lot of douche bags in the chicago area. gf gets comments every now and then just walking to work.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • It might end al lthe flirting if she is prepared for these questions by utilizing these answers:
    asking her when she works next

Her response should be: "the corner of 57th and Martin Luther King Blvd, tonight at 1am, bring cash!"
    asking her to help them to the dressing room

Her response should be: "Sure, you go ahead, i'll be right in!" (then send over a male co-worker to go in the dressing room, preferably gay, if available.)
    even asking how their crotch looks in jeans.

Her response should be: "Kinda like Barbie's Ken?"
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    81 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

that is bullshit.

lot of douche bags in the chicago area. gf gets comments every now and then just walking to work.
    unbelievable
    i couldn't imagine being a douche bag and or living in chicago area. no offence to you my fine sir. no offence to anyone in chicago or with a nice or bad crotch in new jeans

i like my jeans a bit well worn. i can't wait till i shrink down a bit more and can nicely fit into these one jeans i have. the crotch and entire length of zipper has been ripped out and sew back together. used to wear them to school years back. i think i am going to come to chicago with these jeans on...see if i have a nice crotch and stuff.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    she should tell the next dude who wants his crotch judged that he hasn't a dick or balls. tell eem, "all i see is a camel thingy"... :mrgreen:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    It might end al lthe flirting if she is prepared for these questions by utilizing these answers:
    asking her when she works next

Her response should be: "the corner of 57th and Martin Luther King Blvd, tonight at 1am, bring cash!"
    asking her to help them to the dressing room

Her response should be: "Sure, you go ahead, i'll be right in!" (then send over a male co-worker to go in the dressing room, preferably gay, if available.)
    even asking how their crotch looks in jeans.

Her response should be: "Kinda like Barbie's Ken?"

Oh, she had a smart ass remark for every question, the retard just wouldn't let it go.. Just a 60 year old perv I guess, but this happens all of the time with old guys.
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    Oh, she had a smart ass remark for every question, the retard just wouldn't let it go.. Just a 60 year old perv I guess, but this happens all of the time with old guys.

It's just because they're not getting any. The key is to completely ignore them. Smart ass remarks fuel the fire- it's like a cat and mouse game for them. If they continue with the remarks after you ignore them, I would just tell them that the way they are acting is making you feel uncomfortable and to stop or excuse yourself and just find another person to help them. Regardless, I wouldn't hesitate letting security know. If they keep coming back, that's when I would seek other measures.
  • photogirllizphotogirlliz Posts: 2,491
    Maybe she could stop the interaction here:

Man: "you must get hit on a lot"
    Her: "no, because I'm working and that would be inappropriate"

I can't see how that could be misinterpreted.
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685

This is good.
  • Oh, she had a smart ass remark for every question, the retard just wouldn't let it go.. Just a 60 year old perv I guess, but this happens all of the time with old guys.

Oh, I didnt know some were in their 60's! You reminded me actually...I had a g/f that worked at a nice restaurant, and there were a lot of rich old guys that would offer to buy her stuff. Right in front of ME sometimes! One seriously wanted to buy her a car. He was in his 60s. He followed her to her car once, and she had to tell him off. he mostly stopped after that. I think many of these old guys are harmless and just want to feel good about themselves, but she shouldnt put her guard down, there are some real creepers too.

Asking about their crotch is just pathetic.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • photogirllizphotogirlliz Posts: 2,491
    conman wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i usually wait for the pepper spray
    :lol:
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Suave.27 wrote:
    The key is to completely ignore them.
    This works, trust me. I get hit on by older men where I work, too. And some of them turn pretty freaky, regardless of what I say. Hate to say it, but you have to have a shitty, no-nonsense attitude, be blunt and to the point, and then IGNORE them. They will go away eventually. Sometimes it takes a while for them to get the point, but in my experience they realize that they look like fools after a while. Some people you just can't be nice to. :?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,916
    On the "crotch" comment. She can always reply that " My boyfriend is hung like a horse, you really want me to tell you what YOURS looks like in those jeans?"

Now I'm not saying she should become a liar ALL the time, just in this one instance. :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    On the "crotch" comment. She can always reply that " My boyfriend is hung like a horse, you really want me to tell you what YOURS looks like in those jeans?"

Now I'm not saying she should become a liar ALL the time, just in this one instance. :mrgreen:
    thank you, sir.
    :lol:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    See these people need a taste of their own medicine..

I'm a few minutes away.. Next time she's being harassed I'm going to offer to come in and start hitting on the harasser.. when he kindly lets me know he doesn't swing that way, I'll just continue to pursue because I know he's just playing hard to get. :lol:
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    I have never heard of flrting turning into skating. Oh. Nevermind.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Rygar wrote:

This is good.

Hell yeah, if a guy doesn't get that the door has just been closed and locked with that one, he's simply an idiot.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Rollings wrote:
    I have never heard of flrting turning into skating. Oh. Nevermind.
    I have...

AAAAAoYlu1IAAAAAABLcmg.jpg?v=1164156386000
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I think its a bit weak to flirt with someone when they are on the job....not a level playing field!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

tell her to tell them she has herpes
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,514
    edited November 2012
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
    Soooooo....where does she work
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Well, when I get hit on, I usually...

oh, fuck it. I never get hit on.

Carry on.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)