Options

A very smart invention

ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
It's amazing really...so simple and clever.

Thank you, genevieve, for the sharing this.

It's subtitled...and worth the watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0C-lSvbLT4

Amazing what we take for granted.

:clap: :thumbup:
Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I like it!! :mrgreen: :thumbup:
  • Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    Pretty cool! I would never have thought of this, but I think lack of resources makes people really resourceful.

And I agree about taking light for granted. I stayed in rural Kenya this summer, where there was no electricity. When the sun set at 6:30, there wasn't really anything to do but go to bed. Gave me some perspective. (And I learned that I function much better when I'm forced to be well-rested.)
  • Options
    ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    _ wrote:
    Pretty cool! I would never have thought of this, but I think lack of resources makes people really resourceful.

And I agree about taking light for granted. I stayed in rural Kenya this summer, where there was no electricity. When the sun set at 6:30, there wasn't really anything to do but go to bed. Gave me some perspective. (And I learned that I function much better when I'm forced to be well-rested.)

I think that's where North Americans develop lots of issues. We have too much light around the clock and never really shut down. I had to get black out curtains and cover the clock, I just couldn't fall asleep...and I have to enforce a time for bed...like now... :lol:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    _ wrote:

I think that's where North Americans develop lots of issues. We have too much light around the clock and never really shut down. I had to get black out curtains and cover the clock, I just couldn't fall asleep...and I have to enforce a time for bed...like now... :lol:

Yes, now... that's what I'm here telling myself too. :lol:
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    that's really cool
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    :)
    (Good video.)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    _ wrote:

where in rural kenya? ... i spent about a month there a long time ago ..
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    _ wrote:

where in rural kenya? ... i spent about a month there a long time ago ..

Cool! I was in Yatta District in Eastern Province. The nearest town is Machakos. That area is Kambaland. Where were you?
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    That is genius. :thumbup:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    _ wrote:
    Cool! I was in Yatta District in Eastern Province. The nearest town is Machakos. That area is Kambaland. Where were you?

awesome ... i was backpacking ... so, hit mostly the "tourist" spots ... lamu, mt. kenya, naivasha, masai mara, etc.. ... you forget how much we take things like electricity for granted here ...