Kids Out of Control in Caboolture

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    where are the parents???

is he kidding??? believe it or not when my children ask my permission to go to johnnys house and i give it, thats where i expect them to go. if they make a detour down to the local whatever then i wont know of it until im told. i am so fucking tired of these talking heads asking where the parents are. its the school holidays ffs... kids wander.. its what they do.... its what we did when we were kids. and no that doesnt excuse that particular childs behaviour. but how do we expect them to act when they see how adults and their government act?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • I was in caboolture a few weeks ago. The majority of kids are all little shits mainly because its really fucking boring there haha
  • Kids need an outlet, music?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Yeah! That's what kept me outta prison ;)
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I think I would be fucking up too if I lived there...

But the parents probably are no good... a swift kick up the arse is in order from the justice department... stamp it out early...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • kids are assholes everywhere I guess.. my work van got broken into the other night bunch of stuff got stolen and the night before that my other car get egged :evil: little assholes.. if any of my kids acted like that it kill em!
  • where are the parents???

is he kidding??? believe it or not when my children ask my permission to go to johnnys house and i give it, thats where i expect them to go. if they make a detour down to the local whatever then i wont know of it until im told. i am so fucking tired of these talking heads asking where the parents are. its the school holidays ffs... kids wander.. its what they do.... its what we did when we were kids. and no that doesnt excuse that particular childs behaviour. but how do we expect them to act when they see how adults and their government act?

My favorite part - Jellybean Jar? Who goes after jellybeans when there are cookies to be had?

And, yes - it is the parents. I can safely say my kids would never have the nerve to give an adult a 2 handed push from behind (what was not caught on tape, but narrated), and then confront an adult like that. This is not what kids do on holidays.

And for the kid that ran first - perhaps this is a good lesson that he should be careful who he hangs out with. Because, those are the kids that wind up f'd up because of some other kids' inability to be a human being.

I find it funny that there are folks thinking this is boys will be boys.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399

You know, when I was a kid my group of friends were about as mischievous as we could be without crossing the line into being juvenile delinquents. I had my first ride in a police car at the age of 9. I didn't actually get arrested, but we got in a BB gun fight and somebody called the cops because we hit their window or something, and the cop came over and took us all home and told our parents what we were doing. And we did a lot of other crazy stuff.

But the idea of running up and shoving or starting some physical altercation with some adult, much less a security guard, never crossed my mind. As bad as we were, we did have a healthy respect/fear for authority and our elders. To me that video shows a kid who either has no fear, or no care, for the consequences of his actions. Maybe he's a little psychopath, or maybe he's a spoiled brat who is allowed to treat his parents like shit and so he treats other adults that way too. I don't know. But I don't chalk that up to "boys being boys" either Edson.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    pjfan31 wrote:
    I think I would be fucking up too if I lived there...

But the parents probably are no good... a swift kick up the arse is in order from the justice department... stamp it out early...

perhaps now the parents know they will give them a kick up the butt. im assuming the parents know seeings how it was on telly.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

My favorite part - Jellybean Jar? Who goes after jellybeans when there are cookies to be had?

And, yes - it is the parents. I can safely say my kids would never have the nerve to give an adult a 2 handed push from behind (what was not caught on tape, but narrated), and then confront an adult like that. This is not what kids do on holidays.

And for the kid that ran first - perhaps this is a good lesson that he should be careful who he hangs out with. Because, those are the kids that wind up f'd up because of some other kids' inability to be a human being.

how do we know the security guard didnt say something wisearse to the kids that they took offense to? im well aware of what a lot of adults think of kids on scooters (and skateboards). ive even watched as security guards have approached my children while they were carrying their scooters whilst shopping with me... purely because the security guards didnt see that my kids were in the charge of an adult. the kids were lagging a little behind, as kids do so their mates dont see theyre shopping with mummy. :lol: but my children were doing the right thing, yet security still felt the need to intimidate them.

now once again dont think im making excuses for the behaviour of the boy in the video. sure the kid could be a little shit... im just trying to be balanced here.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    cate, I realize security types can be dickholes, but I don't care what he may or may not have said, it doesn't justify the kid attacking him like that.

This whole video brings up something else though. Why didn't this dude filming this shit do something? If I saw some kid run up and shove some old dude from behind my first instinct would be to run over there and break it up, not pull out my camera or phone and start filming. It's a common thing in this YouTube culture we live in. If you see something going down start filming instead of taking action. The second he saw that shove the dude was probably thinking "YouTube here I come". At least yell at the kid and let him know there's a witness, but he probably didn't want to do that because he was expecting the reaction like that one kid gave, running away. And on a similar note that's probably why that little shit cruised off giggling, he was probably thinking he's about to be going viral and also thinking "YouTube here I come". "Where are the parents?". Where were you dude?

And I don't really understand the "where are the parents thing", kids shouldn't have to supervised 24 hours a day. This video is more about THAT kid and his behavior than it is about kids in general, or even kids of that town.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    cate, I realize security types can be dickholes, but I don't care what he may or may not have said, it doesn't justify the kid attacking him like that.

This whole video brings up something else though. Why didn't this dude filming this shit do something? If I saw some kid run up and shove some old dude from behind my first instinct would be to run over there and break it up, not pull out my camera or phone and start filming. It's a common thing in this YouTube culture we live in. If you see something going down start filming instead of taking action. The second he saw that shove the dude was probably thinking "YouTube here I come". At least yell at the kid and let him know there's a witness, but he probably didn't want to do that because he was expecting the reaction like that one kid gave, running away. And on a similar note that's probably why that little shit cruised off giggling, he was probably thinking he's about to be going viral and also thinking "YouTube here I come". "Where are the parents?". Where were you dude?

And I don't really understand the "where are the parents thing", kids shouldn't have to supervised 24 hours a day. This video is more about THAT kid and his behavior than it is about kids in general, or even kids of that town.

i know caboolture fairly well... more than half my family lives up that way. but yeah this isnt necessarily about caboolture. as i said that kid could be a little shit... and that could be a reflection of his upbringing.. if this is how hes taught to retaliate in the home then of course when he is out of it, its the way hes going to retaliate.

my children have always been free range kids... they go where they go and return home to be fed, or as is more the case these days, for money. i dont know what the get up to, aside from what thy tell me, but i trust that they wont steal cars, break into peoples homes or kick a security guard. and despite growing up in a single parent household, theyve had a steady upbringing. something maybe that boy doesnt have.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • I blame AC/DC for their behaviour.
    I blame AC/DC for their behaviour.

bogans. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say