Birmingham Alabama Pearl Jam fans

YetAnotherFiascoYetAnotherFiasco Posts: 158
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm 33, and I've been to 30 Pearl Jam shows. I currently live in Western Massachusetts. My girlfriend is finishing up her PhD. and she's on the job market right now. She just had a really good interview with the University of Alabama (the interview was at a conference in Seattle) and she liked the UAB people more than any of the other interviewers. She just got invited for an on-campus interview, so she's going to Birmingham in 2 weeks. If things go well, I may be moving there sometime this summer.

Just wondering if there are any Pearl Jam fans from Birmingham that post on here that have any thoughts or advice. I was surprised to find a study that says Birmingham is the 19th most liberal city in the US. (ahead of Boston?!) The Five Points area (where UAB is) and Homewood sound pretty cool, from the stuff I've found online.

She also has an interview in Conway, Arkansas (which i know nothing about) and she has interviews in Rhode Island and several in NY, all areas that I know a lot about. If anyone on here is from Birmingham, or went to UAB, please let me know what you think of South Birmingham. Thanks.