How bad was Mike Singletary?

SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
.....this San Fran team is exactly the same! :o That is one guy who must be more than humbled
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    the personnel may be the same, but the schemes are totally different. so...no...it's not the same team.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    mfc2006 wrote:
    the personnel may be the same, but the schemes are totally different. so...no...it's not the same team.

but the human beings are correct....schemes is coaching 101....so again just how bad was Iron Mike......one of the worst head coaches ever?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,536
    going into the season i'm pretty sure the defense had about 6 new starters this year. offense had at least a couple too.

so this is not the same team...still, i agree that singletary was not a good head coach.
    www.myspace.com
    defense last year/this year...i could be wrong on one or two of them though:

RDE- Justin Smith
    NT- Aubrayo Franklin
    LDE- Isaac Sopoaga
    OLB- Parys Haralson
    ILB- Takeo Spikes
    ILB- Patrick Willis
    OLB- Manny Lawson
    CB- Nate Clements
    CB- Shawntae Spencer
    FS- Dashon Goldson
    SS- Michael Lewis

RDE- Justin Smith
    NT- Isaac Sopoaga
    LDE- Ray McDonald
    OLB-Parys Haralson
    ILB- NaVarro Bowman
    ILB- Patrick Willis
    OLB- Ahmad Brooks
    CB- Carlos Rogers
    CB- Tarrell Brown
    FS- Dashon Goldson
    SS- Dante Whitner
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431
    Mike Singletary was awful no doubt, but i get the feeling this team is a bit of a one-year wonder. they had the lowest turnovers in the history of the NFL and the most field goals made in a season. if you can't score touchdowns and your turnovers go back to a normal level you will be coming back to the pack which is what has to be expected next year.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    pjhawks wrote:
    Mike Singletary was awful no doubt, but i get the feeling this team is a bit of a one-year wonder. they had the lowest turnovers in the history of the NFL and the most field goals made in a season. if you can't score touchdowns and your turnovers go back to a normal level you will be coming back to the pack which is what has to be expected next year.

N

F

C

West

Still may get in the playoffs, but I agree. Half their wins were gimmes. That being said, they could ride this thing all the way through the SB.
  • curlycurly Posts: 703
    obviously we only see less than 1% of a coach's actions but just from watching him on the sidelines...
    he seemed like a complete ass with an uneducated arrogance about him...

i loved him as a player but he just didn't come across as the guy you would want to run thru a wall for...

Gotta give the new coach credit...i did not see them beating the Saints...
    The giants beating the packers to me seemed much more likely but wow...49ers did it...

I'm a Steelers fan btw...
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    Maybe instead of how bad Singletary was...How good is Jim Harbaugh? I think pretty dang good!
  • I am a Niners fan. As a USC Alum I cannot stand Jim Harbaugh but I have to give him props for the job he has done with the Niners this year.

Singletary was indeed awful. The one thing I give him credit for is turning around Vernon Davis' attitude. Sending him to the locker room ahead of the team that one time made VD (what a nickname) re-think his attitude and become more of a team player. It has helped him individually as well as helped his team.

Singletary was a contradiction. He wore his tebow-cross and espoused his faith in his god....and at the same time he once pulled his pants down at halftime to his team in an effort to drive a point home. (Still not sure what that point was....)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    DewieCox wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

N

F

C

West

Still may get in the playoffs, but I agree. Half their wins were gimmes. That being said, they could ride this thing all the way through the SB.

defense gives up 14 points per game. i don't care what division you're in, that is one talented defense. they're young, too.
    www.myspace.com
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    defense gives up 14 points per game. i don't care what division you're in, that is one talented defense. they're young, too.

Yeah, there's some athletes on the defense. They are fierce...reminds ALOT of the ealry 2000's Ravens...just relentless attack of the ball.
  • m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    Justin Smith is a beast i love watching that guy play
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...