The Book of Mormon the musical - questions

brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
edited April 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I was supposed to go see this yesterday but sold the tickets - now I'm afraid my mother-in-law is going to ask me questions about it. (!!) My wife and I just didn't want to go to - not really our cup of tea. Anyway when mom gave us the tickets awhile back, she mentioned "there are two parts that are going to shock you", "You're gonna love it!" etc.
Anyone see it and can anyone fill me in on those two parts? Anything else I should know? (you know besides the fact that I shouldn't be a liar :lol: )
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :lol::lol::lol:

sorry, can't help

maybe it's on youtube.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    just watch the Seinfeld episode where they had to recreate "Cry, Cry Again." that should help! :D:D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    what did you think of scene _____

answer

it was fine.

it was interesting

shy away from such responses as

it was thought provoking

keep answers to yes/no and as vauge as possible.

or just say, you had a flat tire and missed it.

avoid mother in law for at least 90 days.

and most importantly.....

let the wife do the talking.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    I'm not much for stage musicals so I can't help you with a firsthand account. But you can find a synopsis here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Book_o ... musical%29

It sounds like you missed a hell of a show. :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    You should have seen it! It was really good ... I caught the show in Chicago last month ... you should definitely try to find another date to attend!
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • kw18 wrote:
    You should have seen it! It was really good ... I caught the show in Chicago last month ... you should definitely try to find another date to attend!
    So, what was shocking?
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    kw18 wrote:
    So, what was shocking?

There was nothing in the show I found particularly shocking ... I've watched South Park and I was pretty certain there would be some lines crossed or close to being crossed.

However, I guess you could say I was fairly surprised by a stage musical having a very graphic song about dysentery. :lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • uglybabouglybabo Posts: 520
    Hasa Diga Eebowai

Didn't shock me, as I was expecting this type of thing from them. But google this title and read the lyrics or listen to the song.

Something my mother in law would definitely find shocking.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I saw this last night in Philly. It's outstanding.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    JK_Livin said:

I saw this last night in Philly. It's outstanding.

Going to see it Sunday. Pretty excited. Have heard great things

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Besides knowing who wrote it, I didn't know much about it. Its very entertaining and the performances were great.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • YardenYarden Posts: 820
    Great show. Very funny. Don't miss out.
  • njnancynjnancy Posts: 5,096
    I just realized this thread is from 2012! I hope the conversation went well because it was probably very difficult for her to get tickets at that time and they probably cost her some $$$ - you probably know this as you sold them and most likely made a nice profit. Have you seen the show since then?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    So hilarious
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    Heading to NYC for NYE and tix for this are the most expensive musical tix I've seen...Jesus
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Heading to NYC for NYE and tix for this are the most expensive musical tix I've seen...Jesus

Worth every penny. It's the best live performance I've ever seen...including stuff like Roger Waters playing The Wall, Pearl Jam, etc. I'm actually kind of obsessed with the show (my sister is too). I have a video bootleg of an early preview performance that I watch all the time. I even cut it up so I could have live MP3s of the songs.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com