Hibachi Mishaps ?

The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,536
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
has anyone been a victim?

i was on saturday night. we were at a benihana and i got hit by a wooden salt shaker (least i think that's what it was) while the chef was doing his final routine before leaving our table.

the thing bounced off the red ginger sauce bowl and splashed it on my shirt and iphone before ricocheting off my arm...got mine and my wife's dinner comped (it was kind of a hefty tab for that kind of place). i was boozing it up pretty well that night. (the stain came out of my shirt with a little water and the iphone was fine)

funny thing is the last time we were there i said to my wife how unsafe the place is and that i meant to do a google search on such a subject but never did. :lol:

thankfully this didn't happen when the chef was juggling the fork and knife at the beginning of the dinner :o

has this ever happened to you?
www.myspace.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    a stain on the shirt? why yes. just the other night i was munching on some chips and salsa while watching a game. some dropped right on my chest. i wiped it off as best as i could without getting up....and finished my salsa. :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,536
    81 wrote:
    a stain on the shirt? why yes. just the other night i was munching on some chips and salsa while watching a game. some dropped right on my chest. i wiped it off as best as i could without getting up....and finished my salsa. :?

a hibachi chef was feeding you salsa and chips?

what is your relationship with this chef?
    www.myspace.com
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    sounds like it was worth it since they comped your meal :lol:
    sounds like it was worth it since they comped your meal :lol:

totally....i also have whiplash and am contacting a lawyer this morning though.
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    who knew...there is a location just around the corner....

i'm going to try for a free lunch
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    81 wrote:
    who knew...there is a location just around the corner....

i'm going to try for a free lunch

:lol::lol:
    the key, 81, is to lean in during those dumb routines.
    www.myspace.com
  • did they at least shoot sake into your mouth from across the table?
    thats really what its all about, isnt it?

you better go back and demand your damn sake shot if not.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

did they at least shoot sake into your mouth from across the table?
    thats really what its all about, isnt it?

you better go back and demand your damn sake shot if not.

i have sake
    www.myspace.com