Which Book is Better??

Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm in the middle of reading the PJ20 book (so good), but, I'd like to pick another book to read when I'm done with this one. My question is; which is better, This All Ecmonpassing Trip, Five Against One, or Pearl Jam and Eddie Vedder: None Too Fragile.

I will likely read all of them eventually, but, I'd like to know which one I shouldn't miss out on and worth a read when I'm done with the PJ20 book.

Thanks
The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Well if you want to learn or read more about the band themselves then don't get AET. I read None To Fragile and really liked it! :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
    Well if you want to learn or read more about the band themselves then don't get AET. I read None To Fragile and really liked it! :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    thefixer9 wrote:
    I read None To Fragile and really liked it! :mrgreen:
    +1
  • PapPap Posts: 28,788
    This All Encompassing Trip is a must for every Pearl Jam fan. You're going to love it. None Too Fragile is pretty good. I haven't read Five Against One.

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=155480&hilit=+this+all+encompassing+trip
    http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=161439&hilit=+this+all+encompassing+trip
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,536
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    I'm in the middle of reading the PJ20 book (so good), but, I'd like to pick another book to read when I'm done with this one. My question is; which is better, This All Ecmonpassing Trip, Five Against One, or Pearl Jam and Eddie Vedder: None Too Fragile.

I will likely read all of them eventually, but, I'd like to know which one I shouldn't miss out on and worth a read when I'm done with the PJ20 book.

Thanks

i got aet last year but i haven't opened it yet.

five against one was a great read years ago.
    www.myspace.com
  • This All Encompassing Trip by far...plus has alot about your country shows of 2005
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I found AET full of self indulgence.Learned nothing new about the band,I'd go with 5 against 1
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • stargirl69 wrote:
    I found AET full of self indulgence.Learned nothing new about the band,I'd go with 5 against 1
    what do u want to know about the band??is all in internet :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    I'm not reall looking to learn anything new about the band.... I just really want something good to read pertaining to PJ, and if do learn something new then great!!
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • Pamela0222 wrote:
    I'm not reall looking to learn anything new about the band.... I just really want something good to read pertaining to PJ, and if do learn something new then great!!
    you have the answer u need then..
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    you have the answer u need then..

Yes it's looking like I'm getting all 3. :lol:
    stargirl69 wrote:

That's how I felt about it.
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    stargirl69 wrote:
    what do u want to know about the band??is all in internet :D

Didn't go into it expecting to find out about the band but neither did I go into it expecting such a self indulgent read,all the rattle throwing about ticket and seat seniority was irritating,they couldn't just be grateful that they were at the gig?
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Five against One was okay.....can't speak for any of the other ones.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • I'm in the middle of Five Against One now. I really like it, but the only other one i'v read is PJ20. It tells alot about what was happening before pj.
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    AET made me want to go get a van and tour with PJ but towards the middle of the book I was struggling a little to finish. Think It could have done with some more editing (no offense JL!!) but overall a good read for any fan! Haven't read the rest so I can't comment :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    AET pissed me off as I read, because Jason did what we all want to do. He just decided to pull it off :D

I've read all 3 of these. AET is the one to get. The other two are fine, but the information in those books is already known to most fans. AET I couldn't put down, as I read I just thought -- what are these guys doing next?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • I own and have read all three.. and must say they're allllll worth reading; true knowledge on ANY subject is gained through multiple perspectives..Nough said.. read em all..
  • I have never heard of None Too Fragile or AET.
    Might have to purchase them!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
    Thanks for all the feedback! I think that I will just suck it up and buy all three. That way if I don't like where one is going... I'll just start reading the next one!! :D:D
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    Five Against One is great for the history of the band but the author's obvious dislike of Eddie and subsequent biased writing tends to get tiresome. (I think that's the one :roll: )
  • Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

No problem buddy. :D