Options

How cool is Jeff?!

PushinPaintPushinPaint Posts: 431
edited January 2012 in The Porch
When I first saw the documentary, I thought immediately after how Jeff is just the epitome of cool. The definition of keeping it real. I have a new found appreciation for him, as he doesn't always get as much press time as he should. I felt like he was down to earth, honest, and a laid back guy that you can't help but like.

I hope one day I get to meet him and tell him how much of a badass he is.

Anyone else think the same thing after seeing the movie?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Yes!

I felt I could see his heart, very down to earth, like you say real and just plain sweet

he's adorable too :D

I love when the big bass comes out!
  • Options
    I agree with both of you. Just watched PJ20 again Friday night, and the one thing that my hubby said to me (he finally agreed to watch with me- he is not a PJ fan but I am still trying to convert him) is that they are all such a great group of guys, so down to earth and humble. Jeff is very cool, very down to earth. Definitely enjoyed getting to know him a bit through PJ20.
    September 15, 1998 Mansfield MA/ August 29, 2000 Mansfield, MA/ June 11, 2008 West Palm Beach, FL/ July 2, 2012 Prague, Czech Republic/ July 4, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ July 5, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ September 21, 2012 Pensacola, FL/ July 16, 2013 London, ON, Canada/ July 19, 2013 Chicago, IL/ October 12, 2013 Buffalo, NY/ October 25, 2013 Hartford, CT/ November 23, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 24, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 26, 2013 Oakland, CA/ November 29, 2013 Portland, OR/ November 30, 2013 Spokane, WA
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I've met Jeff and Ed on different occasions and both are great guys. But there's something about Jeff; he was just so patient (with my temporary insanity), grounded and genuine overall that he's by far my favorite guy in the band. He made a real long-lasting impression on me, and I consider myself very lucky to have met him. :D
    The movie just emphasized what a great guy he is.
  • Options
    yeah he always seems so down to earth and chilled out but I think he's very conscious of not taking himself too seriously
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    Jeff is Eddie's sidekick, you have to be cool to be Eddie's sidekick... on the movie he showed himself as a very down to earth person, very supportive of Eddie's attitude towards the Grammy, he gave a very sensible explanation... you don't have to be extremely fun and out-going to be cool, Jeff doesn't need to, and of course he is cool...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    +1 :D
  • Options
    met jeff in a hotel lobby and he signed my lost dogs cd. a chill dude
    but, thats not nearly as cool as his real me solo
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I liked his quote on PJ20 about awards for art and how he dislikes that.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    He's my idol! :)
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    JEFF! JEFF! JEFF! JEFF! JEFF! JEFF! JEFF! JEFF! JEFF! JEFF! JEFF! JEFF!

:D
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    He is definitely my biggest inspiration in bass playing. Knows how to make the bass fit perfectly with each song.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    He made one of the greatest comments I've ever heard, in SVT, how music is healing art form

something like that anyway and I couldn't agree more! He's one cool dude.
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Really fucking cool 8-)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2