THe man that cut Jordan

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    It's always better to play than to sit on the bench. My 9yr old made his B travel and was upset he didn't make the A team. My son is short and they took some taller kids because they wanted height over talent. I was glad because I know the coach and he would not have played much under him.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    JK_Livin wrote:
    It's always better to play than to sit on the bench. My 9yr old made his B travel and was upset he didn't make the A team. My son is short and they took some taller kids because they wanted height over talent. I was glad because I know the coach and he would not have played much under him.

I agree. Why not develop you skills, esp. at a young age? There's no point being a "role player" that early on when you're on teams to work on learning the game and dissecting and building your skills. Just find a good fit! So many people overlook that these days.
  • Suave.27 wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

I agree. Why not develop you skills, esp. at a young age? There's no point being a "role player" that early on when you're on teams to work on learning the game and dissecting and building your skills. Just find a good fit! So many people overlook that these days.

No, instead they want their superstar to be on the A team AND play all the time even if their kid is 12th on the team. :lol: Those are the parents that sign up for competitive travel teams then think it should be run like intramurals. (Until their 3rd child is the superstar. Upon which time, every game should be played like the Super Bowl.)

Youth sports is so f'd up.

But, to the OP - very sad story that has nothing really to do with MJ.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    sad on one had because the guy has that mental problem, but still sort of uplifting, because despite all his isssues, he is happy
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,918
    color me one that cut reading that12 page article
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    12 page article on whether this guy cut jordan or not? :lol:

cliffnotes? anyone? hehe.
  • 81 wrote:
    sad on one had because the guy has that mental problem, but still sort of uplifting, because despite all his isssues, he is happy

To others above - there's actually very little about MJ. Some, but the 12 pages are fast reading (got my issue last night and read this article through which I rarely do). You are drawn to read it by that headline, but most of it is about the man.

E, you are right in a way, but you know how this is going to end - all of his immediate family died early, and his other issues have followed similar patterns. So, yes, the story does not have this final chapter. But, it's easily discernable from where the writer left us. (And how happy is he really? I don't want to judge, but he doesn't really seem HAPPY. He seems content and resigned. Which is fine. But, I'm not sure I'd call it happy. And if it is happy - happiness when your seemingly well adjusted child wants nothing to do with you is not really happiness to me).
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.