Options

Off We Go, Little Cash, Big Insanity--are You In?

Yeild2PearlJamYeild2PearlJam Posts: 342
edited February 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
ME, PJPIXXIE, AND Mrhodeshouse (matt) are doing the last 6 shows of the tour and looking for people to make our ten day trip a bit more cost effective....and of course this would work for the other people going in with us as well. All we know for sure so far is that we are leaving the 20th of June (into Dusseldorf) and coming back and 30th....anyone who wants to travel with us, stay with us, anything with us let us know. we are close to renting a car but we dont know what size car to get quite yet. so ya, there is our sales pitch. trust me, you wont be dissapointed!!!!

******I FORGOT TO ADD THAT WE MISSED OUT ON THE TEN CLUB COPENHAGEN TICKETS IF ANYONE HAS ANY EXTRAS TO SPARE!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    ME, PJPIXXIE, AND Mrhodeshouse (matt) are doing the last 6 shows of the tour and looking for people to make our ten day trip a bit more cost effective....and of course this would work for the other people going in with us as well. All we know for sure so far is that we are leaving the 20th of June (into Dusseldorf) and coming back and 30th....anyone who wants to travel with us, stay with us, anything with us let us know. we are close to renting a car but we dont know what size car to get quite yet. so ya, there is our sales pitch. trust me, you wont be dissapointed!!!!

******I FORGOT TO ADD THAT WE MISSED OUT ON THE TEN CLUB COPENHAGEN TICKETS IF ANYONE HAS ANY EXTRAS TO SPARE!!

Clown Car???
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    Don't forget the maps. :D Maybe I'll see yea long the way.
  • Options
    You bring the maps and join us!!!!

• Options
    PJPixie wrote:
    You bring the maps and join us!!!!

Where are you landing?
  • Options
    as of now....dusseldorf...any other suggestions?
    are you heading to ALL THE SHOWS?
  • Options
    AngusAngus Posts: 376
    There seem to be quite a few Americans coming over. Nice. :)
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29
  • Options
    Angus wrote:
    There seem to be quite a few Americans coming over. Nice. :)

this is my first time so im SUPER excited....see you at Werchter with a couple thousand of your closest friends :)
  • Options
    hey, have you come up with a rough estimate on how much this would cost a person? I definetly am interested in going and making good money at my new job, so I would be interested if the price was feasable. I never booked a vacatoin to Europe so I am clueless on costs... and I heard passports are way backed up and it might take more than 6 months to get it!!! Is this true?
  • Options
    this is my first time so im SUPER excited....see you at Werchter with a couple thousand of your closest friends :)

I'll be at Dusseldorf, Copenhagen & Nijmegen as well. :)

I can tell you this, when I came over the Atlantic to see the band... it's such a huge experience. I cannot describe it in words. Enjoy every second of it. It's totally worth it.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    i always love meeting new amercan boardies...in europe. :p too funny. i met a TON of folks over in italy. not sur[prising meeting lots of lovely europeans, but always a laugh meeting some fave boardies from the west coast, in italy. :)

hope i have the pleasure of meeting you lot, but if you don't hit up london...and i don't know if i am going to any others - altho maybe, maybe dusseldorf and nijmegen - perhaps. i just have zero desire to hit up asll those festivals inbetween, and figure i'd save myself the $ for travel/tix to copenhagen...so who knows..........:)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    i always love meeting new amercan boardies...in europe. :p too funny. i met a TON of folks over in italy. not sur[prising meeting lots of lovely europeans, but always a laugh meeting some fave boardies from the west coast, in italy. :)

hope i have the pleasure of meeting you lot, but if you don't hit up london...and i don't know if i am going to any others - altho maybe, maybe dusseldorf and nijmegen - perhaps. i just have zero desire to hit up asll those festivals inbetween, and figure i'd save myself the $ for travel/tix to copenhagen...so who knows..........:)

Werchter will be as good as any show they've ever played. Mark my words! :)
  • Options
    Angus wrote:
    Werchter will be as good as any show they've ever played. Mark my words! :)

you people are feckin' killin' me............:p

werchter would be the only festival i have any remote interest in b/c it's relatively close to other shows i may hit up...and it's the last stop on the tour.

uuuuuuuuuggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh.........

thank bejeebus we have LOTS of time before then!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    hey, have you come up with a rough estimate on how much this would cost a person? I definetly am interested in going and making good money at my new job, so I would be interested if the price was feasable. I never booked a vacatoin to Europe so I am clueless on costs... and I heard passports are way backed up and it might take more than 6 months to get it!!! Is this true?

ok, first of all that passport thing is just scary! i need to get one ASAP!!

OK....
    1. where are you from? We are all leaving from Los Angeles and landing in Dusseldorf, Germany. Our dates are the 20th to the 30th hitting the last shows of the tour.

2. Our ROUGH estimate so far is $2,200-2,500 per person ***BUT*** this includes:
    1. rountrip ticket from L.A. to Germany and back
    2. rental car (split 3 ways with another it would be cheaper)
    3. gas (again split 3 ways, 4 cheaper)
    4. tickets (another reason why we need a 4th because its only 3 of us and we need an even 4 for our ten club tickets...part of the amount above includes $600 for all the tickets could be a little less or more depending on the show)
    5. $100 dollars in PJ merchandise (thats up to you of course)
    6. and we said $20-30 on food eachday (again up to you, we are traveling cheap)
    7. then a few nights in a hostel just to freshen up...showers and stuff... were thinking about using hostels for that at 20 bucks a night....

as you can see a lot of things depend on you and where you are coming from but this is the most we have for long. let me know if you are interested!!
  • Options
    you people are feckin' killin' me............:p

werchter would be the only festival i have any remote interest in b/c it's relatively close to other shows i may hit up...and it's the last stop on the tour.

uuuuuuuuuggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh.........

thank bejeebus we have LOTS of time before then!

You do London, you stay in London for a couple of days, you do Dusseldorf, you go to Amsterdam for a nice visit. And then you come to Nijmegen/Werchter and fly right back to your side of the ocean. What a nice trip. :)
  • Options
    ok, first of all that passport thing is just scary! i need to get one ASAP!!

OK....
    1. where are you from? We are all leaving from Los Angeles and landing in Dusseldorf, Germany. Our dates are the 20th to the 30th hitting the last shows of the tour.

2. Our ROUGH estimate so far is $2,200-2,500 per person ***BUT*** this includes:
    1. rountrip ticket from L.A. to Germany and back
    2. rental car (split 3 ways with another it would be cheaper)
    3. gas (again split 3 ways, 4 cheaper)
    4. tickets (another reason why we need a 4th because its only 3 of us and we need an even 4 for our ten club tickets...part of the amount above includes $600 for all the tickets could be a little less or more depending on the show)
    5. $100 dollars in PJ merchandise (thats up to you of course)
    6. and we said $20-30 on food eachday (again up to you, we are traveling cheap)
    7. then a few nights in a hostel just to freshen up...showers and stuff... were thinking about using hostels for that at 20 bucks a night....

as you can see a lot of things depend on you and where you are coming from but this is the most we have for long. let me know if you are interested!!

not to rain on your parade...but have you looked into hostels? i don't think you'll find accomodation for $20 a night. the dollar is weak in comparision to the euro. i have no idea what a flight from LA would cost, i'd imagine a lot. from NY, it's about $900 roundtrip, but i am using airmiles and flying free......so you think ALL that for $1,200 - $1,500.....? man, you are tempting me..........:p

Angus wrote:
    You do London, you stay in London for a couple of days, you do Dusseldorf, you go to Amsterdam for a nice visit. And then you come to Nijmegen/Werchter and fly right back to your side of the ocean. What a nice trip. :)

angus, if i had a free place to stay in amsterdam, i would totally do that. :) and yes, it would be a kickass trip! it WILL be, no matter what..i just don't want to overextend myself financially as i have a husband at home, and have traveled to italy last year, canada the year before...all for pj...then i was in prague for 6 weeks, etc......and yea, got to buy hubby a new car this year, and i don't want any debts...so yea.......need to be careful. hahaha. however, i am also the type that doesn't want to kick myself later for not doing what i want to do.

*keeps telling self: i am ONLY buying london tix...i am only buying london tix........*

any/all else, i will leave to serendipity. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    I considered Werchter, but tickets are so expensive!

And I agree with D2D, $20 a night is pushing it a bit. I've looked into it, and most places I can get a hotel for around £20 a night, which is about $40, but some places are obviously gonna be more expensive that others.

EDIT: OK I missed the word "hostel" in there. No idea how much they would be.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:
    I considered Werchter, but tickets are so expensive!

And I agree with D2D, $20 a night is pushing it a bit. I've looked into it, and most places I can get a hotel for around £20 a night, which is about $40, but some places are obviously gonna be more expensive that others.

EDIT: OK I missed the word "hostel" in there. No idea how much they would be.

eek....how expensive?

and yes, after much travel in europe...and especially after italy last year, all the research, etc....it is VERY difficult to come by truly 'cheap' accomodation....unless it's a friends sofa. :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    eek....how expensive?

and yes, after much travel in europe...and especially after italy last year, all the research, etc....it is VERY difficult to come by truly 'cheap' accomodation....unless it's a friends sofa. :p

That's true. I'm only going to sleep in Copenhagen. After Dusseldorf, Nijmegen & Werchter I'm going to try to drive straight home. (or sleep in my care :))
  • Options
    eek....how expensive?

I can't remember now. A friend told me the price yesterday, but i'm unsure of her source on that.

Sadly, I don't have many German, Danish or Dutch friends...yet! ;)
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

• Options
    I'm thinking of doing the last few shows. I'm doing alot of it or most right now by train travel. I've been over to europe a few times and it's not to bad to get around. Hostel's are nice and cheap. Figure no more then $100.00 a day per person. I was last in Europe backpacking in 2002. I hope I can go. :D
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:
    I can't remember now. A friend told me the price yesterday, but i'm unsure of her source on that.

Sadly, I don't have many German, Danish or Dutch friends...yet! ;)

well do post when you know...and also where/when to buy tix if i become completely insane and want em. :p

haha.

i have a danish friend...who moved to the states :rolleyes:...i have a great dutch friend....obi! :D.....but i don't think he has room, and will probably be traveling to all those other shows himself...so yea, thus far, the only sofa surfing i have thus far is london. ooooo...and i have a belgian friend, but as his GF will be giving birth to their baby right around then, think that's out too......:o

patrick, you really think $100 a day? i dunno. perhaps i eat too well and drink too much........:p

i can't wait to hear from barbara...i'll have much better idea/plans then.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    well do post when you know...and also where/when to buy tix if i become completely insane and want em. :p

haha.

i have a danish friend...who moved to the states :rolleyes:...i have a great dutch friend....obi! :D.....but i don't think he has room, and will probably be traveling to all those other shows himself...so yea, thus far, the only sofa surfing i have thus far is london.

You're doing good! That's one more sofa than me!
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• Options

haha.

i have a danish friend...who moved to the states :rolleyes:...i have a great dutch friend....obi! :D.....but i don't think he has room, and will probably be traveling to all those other shows himself...so yea, thus far, the only sofa surfing i have thus far is london. ooooo...and i have a belgian friend, but as his GF will be giving birth to their baby right around then, think that's out too......:o

patrick, you really think $100 a day? i dunno. perhaps i eat too well and drink too much........:p

i can't wait to hear from barbara...i'll have much better idea/plans then.

Depends on what you wanna spend. You can get around in europe cheap sometimes.
  • Options
    Depends on what you wanna spend. You can get around in europe cheap sometimes.

believe me, i do know...i've been on trips more times than i can count. however, nowadays with the weak dollar/strong euro...prices up in general..and perhaps simply my own spending habits......:p

i iwsh there were more time before all tix go on sale. eh, just have to hope if i am *meant* to be at any of the other euro dates, i'll manage to buy some 10c spares off others. as of right now, london it is for me.....wait on the rest. *fingers crossed*
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    I'm thinking of doing the last few shows. I'm doing alot of it or most right now by train travel. I've been over to europe a few times and it's not to bad to get around. Hostel's are nice and cheap. Figure no more then $100.00 a day per person. I was last in Europe backpacking in 2002. I hope I can go. :D

$100 a day? I spent 40-50 euros per day in Europe last year! :D

Anyway, I'm thinking about going to these concerts
    June 18* LONDON, ENGLAND WEMBLEY ARENA
    June 21 DUSSELDORF, GERMANY LTU ARENA
    June 28 NIJMEGEN, HOLLAND GOEFFERT PARK

And making a little stop in Paris between the last 2 gigs...

Now I've got until monday to decide if I should go or not. Keep in mind I'm in Brazil and flights to Europe are no cheaper than USD1100. Someone convince me!!

Anyone have any idea how much the 10C tickets are gonna cost?
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options

Now I've got until monday to decide if I should go or not. Keep in mind I'm in Brazil and flights to Europe are no cheaper than USD1100. Someone convince me!!

I never said I was spending 100.00 a day. haha
  • Options

wow.
    that's exactly what i want to do. if you were to go to amsterdam instead, i might be convinced to do it too! :p i need to keep costs uber low.....thus why, amsterdam. i've been to both paris and amsterdam before...but as i spent i think 7 - 10 days in paris, i only spent 2 in amsterdam. plus i figure, just a close/quick/cheap train ride. i just need somewhere and/or someone to share accomodations with during the gap between dusseldorf and nijmegen.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    i would suggest you get a gps system when you rent your car. best money you will spend, since it sounds like the car is gonna be full of people who are not from anywhere you are going.

if you are gonna stay in hotels book early. couple chains that are all over europe and are affordable yet nice are ibis, novatel, there are some other chains that i didnt stay in called F1 or something like that. thing you got to remember with europe is its hard to sneak lots of extra people into rooms, its possible but not as easy as places here in the states.

http://www.accorhotels.com/accorhotels/index.html

have fun
  • Options
    we are really doing this!! I'm so excited..................

• Options
    PJPixie wrote:
    we are really doing this!! I'm so excited..................

I'm 99.999 sure that I'm doing this also. :D Not the same dates as I thought b4. But going I'm almost sure now. hehe