Best Buy in trouble

2»

Comments

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Travelar wrote:
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    They wouldn't price match a TV I bought that I ended buying from Amazon. The manager told me at the time it was Best Buy's policy to not price match anything from AMazon. :fp: Combined with the lower price of the TV and no sales tax it was almost 500 bucks lower.

most brick and morter stores won't match online retailer prices.

One time, on the rare occasion that I needed something that day, I went to my local Best Buy. I had a hard enough time getting them price match their own online price. They claimed it was because Best Buy online is a different company. I claimed I could go elsewhere, and they folded.

Yeah, I've ran into that several times, their online prices being cheaper than the price in store. But you can buy it online and do a store pick up (where they just take the stock off the shelves) you pay the online price.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    81 wrote:
    if you are wire cutting, you have issues. :lol:

get get something like this

x120701761-f.jpeg

which you connect to the wires on your new head unit that plugs into your factory stereo harness. only idiots cut wires. :nono:

I put in a stereo in my old car. I cut wires, and the whole installation took 10 minutes.
    Then when my car was busted into and my stereo stolen (yeah, apparently people still steal cheap stereos from cheap cars :lol: ) then were nice enough to un-twist all the wires and leave the wire caps neatly in a pile on the floor of my car. They even nicely took out the stereo without fucking up my trim.
    Had they not busted out the lock like a fuckin' Neanderthal, the whole thing wouldn't have been so bad! hahaha!
    I recently went in to buy a USB hub so I could hook up all my shit to my PS3 (external harddrive, etc.).
    Went in and couldn't find the damn hubs anywhere. I ask a guy who was working in the computer section and he showed me where they were. I asked if they had any hubs that were powered as a non-powered hub wouldn't work with my harddrive. He was all "oh, it'll work." I was all "Um, no it won't". Then he started to get an attitude with me. So we're standing there and I found a powered one. I think it was like $5 more than the non powered one. He goes "You're wasting $5 when this one here will work..." Ugh! I then told him that I would happily pay $20 more to get on that actually works so I didn't have to come back and a) exchange it for the one I know I needed and b) deal with his dumb ass again.

Last Christmas I wanted to buy a couple of iPads (one for me, and one as a gift for my parents). The store was semi-busy and I needed to find someone to get them for me...as they are locked up. There was ONE guy working in that section and he was dealing with idiot customers. I waited for 20 minutes! Got mad, and went to another section to see if they could help. The guy told me he couldn't get them as he didn't have a key. I asked if he could go borrow the other guy's key, but apparently that wasn't "do-able". Ugh! In what should have taken 5 minutes to get, get what I want, pay for it and leave...took 45. Ugh!
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I took my son to BB a few weeks ago so he could buy an ipod. The price in the store was higher than it was on best buy online and I felt really good when the guy said, no problem, we'll match it.......but then i thought - I'ts the same damn store!!!! of course they will match. and what bastards for letting people buy things for more at the store, if we wouldn't have checked before we went, we wuld have paid full price. bastards.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mca47 wrote:
    I recently went in to buy a USB hub so I could hook up all my shit to my PS3 (external harddrive, etc.).
    Went in and couldn't find the damn hubs anywhere. I ask a guy who was working in the computer section and he showed me where they were. I asked if they had any hubs that were powered as a non-powered hub wouldn't work with my harddrive. He was all "oh, it'll work." I was all "Um, no it won't". Then he started to get an attitude with me. So we're standing there and I found a powered one. I think it was like $5 more than the non powered one. He goes "You're wasting $5 when this one here will work..." Ugh! I then told him that I would happily pay $20 more to get on that actually works so I didn't have to come back and a) exchange it for the one I know I needed and b) deal with his dumb ass again.

Last Christmas I wanted to buy a couple of iPads (one for me, and one as a gift for my parents). The store was semi-busy and I needed to find someone to get them for me...as they are locked up. There was ONE guy working in that section and he was dealing with idiot customers. I waited for 20 minutes! Got mad, and went to another section to see if they could help. The guy told me he couldn't get them as he didn't have a key. I asked if he could go borrow the other guy's key, but apparently that wasn't "do-able". Ugh! In what should have taken 5 minutes to get, get what I want, pay for it and leave...took 45. Ugh!

:fp: :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    edited April 2012
    mca47 wrote:
    81 wrote:

x120701761-f.jpeg

which you connect to the wires on your new head unit that plugs into your factory stereo harness. only idiots cut wires. :nono:

I put in a stereo in my old car. I cut wires, and the whole installation took 10 minutes.
    Then when my car was busted into and my stereo stolen (yeah, apparently people still steal cheap stereos from cheap cars :lol: ) then were nice enough to un-twist all the wires and leave the wire caps neatly in a pile on the floor of my car. They even nicely took out the stereo without fucking up my trim.
    Had they not busted out the lock like a fuckin' Neanderthal, the whole thing wouldn't have been so bad! hahaha!

that was nice of them. i've had a couple of stereo's stolen from my living in the hood days. the just yanked em. :nono: :fp:

fuckers

but seriously, if you do put a stereo, use the connectors. make's it super simple to remove and put stock stuff back in, or swap to a different stereo later. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    mca47 wrote:
    81 wrote:

x120701761-f.jpeg

You should have left the door unlocked for them and then it could have been a 5 star experience for you. It's all your fault. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:

You should have left the door unlocked for them and then it could have been a 5 star experience for you. It's all your fault. :lol:

in my case...i my drivers side door lock was long gone...to unlock it, you just had to stick your finger in and push the lever, but the fuckers decided to pop the passenger lock. :fp: :x :lol:

i'm so glad i have a garage now.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    DS1119 wrote:

I know right! I almost wish they knocked on my door and told me they were going to take my stereo. I would have unlocked the car door for them and helped out! :lol:
    Getting that lock fixed was a giant pain in the ass....over a piece of shit stereo!! :lol:
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I once had somebody try to steal my stereo in high school, and I didn't get 5 star service. First the little fucker smashed in my car window to get in, then he tried to get the stereo, but this guy was no master thief and managed not to get it out. But he did break it, so he might as well have taken it as far as I was concerned. I guess out of concern that he was about to leave empty handed he stole my big 200 CD case, which was full of just about every CD I owned up to that point.

Luckily they caught the little fucker, being a high school kid like myself (though not the same school) he wasn't smart enough to know not to run his mouth and tell every kid he knew (who are also capable of running their mouths) about his little deed. The kid, surprise surprise, was already on probation and he was forced to return the CDs, pay for a new stereo and window, or get his probation revoked and go to juvenile hall. He chose to pay me back.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I've been please that both Best Buy and Blockbuster have fallen to the pox I put upon them both. :twisted: :twisted:

Next up .... my local Taco Bell that has messed my order up approximately 284 times.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    bastards!
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    I don't buy movies/tv shows anymore as I can get all I want from netflix/torrents. If I buy music, I typically get it online or at a local record store, and I buy electronics from amazon, frys online, or some other online store. A few months ago I purchased a vinyl record there and the cashier laughed at me for buying something old fashioned. Great way to keep customers going to your store. :roll: :nono:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City