Anybody ever hear of the Boxee?

JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I just bought one at best buy for $199.00. Greatest invention ever. You can watch anything you want from new TV shows to extremely old one's and absolutely any movie. There's no monthly fee either.

http://www.boxee.tv/
If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I've never heard of this before.
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    DS1119 wrote:
    I've never heard of this before.

It's awesome, i'm even thinking about getting rid of my cable. The only thing is...new episodes of some TV shows are delayed a day or two. You can also browse the internet with it and watch any you tube video's, which is great for watching PJ on a big screen TV.
  • photogirllizphotogirlliz Posts: 2,491
    Cool. I'd never heard of this.
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,474
    Jukee wrote:
    I just bought one at best buy for $199.00. Greatest invention ever. You can watch anything you want from new TV shows to extremely old one's and absolutely any movie. There's no monthly fee either.

Don't you still need some sort of subscription to watch most movies? I was under the impression that Boxee was similar to using Hulu with the addition of apps including Netflix. I know there's no way they have absolutely any movie. If one of these services starts offering ESPN and HBO, I'll seriously consider dropping cable. Until then, no dice.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    adam42381 wrote:
    Jukee wrote:

Don't you still need some sort of subscription to watch most movies? I was under the impression that Boxee was similar to using Hulu with the addition of apps including Netflix. I know there's no way they have absolutely any movie. If one of these services starts offering ESPN and HBO, I'll seriously consider dropping cable. Until then, no dice.

You just have to download an app called Navi-X (which is free) and absolutely any movie is in there and most networks are in there such as HBO, not sure about ESPN though as I'm not much of a sports fan. You are right though apps such as Netflix you do have to pay a subscription for.
    Jukee wrote:
    adam42381 wrote:
    Jukee wrote:

You just have to download an app called Navi-X (which is free) and absolutely any movie is in there and most networks are in there such as HBO, not sure about ESPN though as I'm not much of a sports fan. You are right though apps such as Netflix you do have to pay a subscription for.
    I'm surprised that works. Interesting.
    Don't you still need some sort of subscription to watch most movies? I was under the impression that Boxee was similar to using Hulu with the addition of apps including Netflix. I know there's no way they have absolutely any movie. If one of these services starts offering ESPN and HBO, I'll seriously consider dropping cable. Until then, no dice.[/quote]

You just have to download an app called Navi-X (which is free) and absolutely any movie is in there and most networks are in there such as HBO, not sure about ESPN though as I'm not much of a sports fan. You are right though apps such as Netflix you do have to pay a subscription for.[/quote]
    I'm surprised that works. Interesting.[/quote]

I've never had a problem with it, it updates itself every once in awhile. 3 or 4 of my friends have it as well and they are more than satisfied with it.
    I may check it out in the future. Thanks for the info.
    I'm checking it out this evening. SOunds pretty interesting. Are the shows in HD?
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    DS1119 wrote:
    I'm checking it out this evening. SOunds pretty interesting. Are the shows in HD?

Not all no. A lot of the movies are.