kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,894
edited April 2012 in Other Music
coachella-1.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    edited January 2012
    Black Keys wtf, they arn't a headliner type band..jeeeze. They are okay but their new album blows..

ATDI before those crap guys omg
    Post edited by Brisk. on
  • Options
    mckaymckay Posts: 162
    At The Drive IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    Not too excited, but there are a great bunch of British bands:

James
    Buzzcocks
    Arctic Moneys
    Pulp
    Kasabian
    Kaiser Chiefs
    Radiohead
    Squeeze
    Madness

Also, I am excited to see Mazzy Star and Dre/Snoop
  • Options
    KM43590KM43590 Posts: 298
    Jeff Mangum, Cat Power, Gotye, Santigold and Grouplove! NICE!
  • Options
    quimby20quimby20 Posts: 823
    Saw Madness in 1982, they are a great fun band.
  • Options
    ATDI will be amazing. I saw them on their last tour. I was surprised to see The Black Keys headlining, especially since they played last year, but they're popularity just continues to skyrocket. They've played the main stage their last two times there ('09 & '11). Just can't believe a two-piece that I saw in a small theatre just 4 or 5 years ago is a headlining band now.

Excited about the lineup overall.
  • Options
    kasedoug wrote:
    ATDI will be amazing. I saw them on their last tour. I was surprised to see The Black Keys headlining, especially since they played last year, but they're popularity just continues to skyrocket. They've played the main stage their last two times there ('09 & '11). Just can't believe a two-piece that I saw in a small theatre just 4 or 5 years ago is a headlining band now.

Excited about the lineup overall.

The BKs have added a bass player and keyboardist, so they are a bit beefed-up.

I would have preferred No Doubt of Foo Fighters (as were heavily rumored). It is always such a change-up when some of the headliners aren't even rumored!
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    Radiohead and Pulp!!!!...they should come to Chicago
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Big fan of Fitz and the Tantrums.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Awesome to hear that Mazzy Star will be back this year with a new album!
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    Fuck yeah!

The Hives?!?!

That's a fun show in and of itself!
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Zeds dead. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    AT THE DRIVE IN.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't been this stoked about a reunion since Rage. I hope hope hope hope they come to Chicago. Any word on if this is a full on reunion or a one-off?
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    yeah it is a pretty strong line up.

The ATDI on sunday is just the iceing on the cake :)

Oh and i don't like rap much less dr dre or snoop but i'd stick around to see them close the concert down i bet it woudl be fun.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    quimby20 wrote:
    Saw Madness in 1982, they are a great fun band.

Saw them in '86, then again in 2005 in San Diego. Still put on a great show after all these years.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    I NEED to see The Shins.

Would love to see Bon Iver for a third time as well.

Time to visit my family again I think...
  • Options
    Who's in? I'm tentatively going Weekend 1.
  • Options
    kasedoug wrote:
    Who's in? I'm tentatively going Weekend 1.

All set for weekend 2.....passes, shuttle and hotel all sorted!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Nice. My friend has a room and tickets for weekend 2 so I may switch, but the only ticket I managed to get my hands on was a weekend 1 from Radiohead's site.
  • Options
    kasedoug wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Nice. My friend has a room and tickets for weekend 2 so I may switch, but the only ticket I managed to get my hands on was a weekend 1 from Radiohead's site.

Once word got out that Radiohead was selling tickets, they sold out very quickly!
  • Options
    Weak Line-up as usual. Coachella always has a few bands that are good and almost tempt me into dropping a shit ton of cash to go... but then my rational mind say no way. The only bands worthy of my time this year would be At The Drive In, Refused and Radiohead. The rest is blah. Outside Lands is the same way.
    2010: Mountain View, CA (10/23)
    2011: East Troy, WI (9/3-9/4)
    2012: Missoula, MT (09/30) - San Francisco, CA (10/03)
    2013: Chicago, Ill (07/19) - Los Angeles (11/23 - 11/24) - Oakland (11/26) - Portland (11/29) - Spokane (11/30) - Seattle (12/06)
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,952
    brochella.jpg?t=1326638313
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm trying to win tickets to Coachella and I would be truly grateful and appreciative if you could vote for my photo in H&M's contest. It runs today (3/27) through Sunday (4/1). Thanks so much for all your help and support!

-K.C.

Check out and vote for this image to help kcdouglas win 2 tix to #Coachella from @hmusa! #HMCoachella http://hmcoachella.com/contests/instagram/3100
  • Options
    Woo hoo!!! I won tickets to Coachella today!!! Who's going weekend 2?!?! See you there!
  • Options
    kasedoug wrote:
    Woo hoo!!! I won tickets to Coachella today!!! Who's going weekend 2?!?! See you there!

very cool! which one is yours?
  • Options
    My picture http://instagr.am/p/Iro7Hzolpr/ is listed under my instagram username (kcdouglas) but I didn't fare too well in that contest. I actually won tickets through a twitter contest put on by RedBull LA. Over the past couple weeks, they were tweeting out letters of a scrambled password. They sent out the final letter yesterday and I was the first to respond correctly so I got my choice of weekend and VIP passes! :)

JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    kasedoug wrote:

very cool! which one is yours?
  • Options
    ISO: Coachella Buddy

Hey guys and gals, anyone feel like being my Coachella buddy? I'm in need of some assistance. So siked that At The Drive-In is getting back together. Unfortunately I don't have tix and won't be going but I saw that Fearless Records is doing a special ltd ed pressing of Vaya that will be dropped at Coachella! 8-) Needless to say.. I'd really, really like one. :) Here's the info for those that have'nt heard:

"Fearless Records is thrilled to announce a limited edition yellow 10" vinyl version of At The Drive-In's seminal 1999 EP Vaya, that will be sold exclusively at this year's Coachella Valley Music And Arts Festival through the Zia Record's pop up shop and the Coachella Boutique. Fan-favorite Vaya contains their much-performed tracks "Rascuache" and "198d", and sparked the band's rapid rise to prominence. This is the first pressing of this record in 12 years. The yellow 10" will be limited to 500 copies and will be sold on both weekends (250 each weekend) at the sold-out festival in Indio, CA on April 13-15 and April 20-22. The release coincides with the quintet's appearances at both weekends of the festival, their first live appearance since At The Drive-In announced their hiatus in 2001".

Any kind souls that would'nt mind trying to pick me up one? I'd be very grateful and would obviously pay for it and shipping. Shoot me a pm if you would'nt mind trying to help me out. !Thanks!

By the way, KC that is awesome! Congrats man!
  • Options
    Thanks! I'm so excited and can't wait for it to get here. I know all about the ATDI Vaya release and plan on getting there first thing next Friday to get one. A good friend of mine is a huge ATDI fan and I'm hoping to snag one to send to him as a surprise on his birthday. Hoping they break it up 250 & 250 each weekend. Not sure if they'd allow more than one purchased. Maybe I can talk my buddy I to picking up I one up additionally.

P.S. Hope the PHM LP arrived safe.
  • Options
    Buddy Bump... :) Anyone?

Hey Kc, thanks for picking up PHM for me. I got it over the weekend but have'nt had a chance to open it yet. I was going to tonight after work and I'd deffinitely be gratefull if you can score multiples of Vaya.

Anyone else going that would'nt mind trying to grab 1 for me, especially any1 that did'nt want 1 for themselves.. in case they have a limit on them??
    Shoot me a pm if so. Thanks!
  • Options