Moving to seattle this month..

FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
edited June 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
(downtown area) and i need a job!!! I will be finishing school there and really could use a job BEFORE i get there (im willling to find one after the fact but it would be nice to have one prior to moving) So if anyone knows anyone who's hiring, please think of me (im looking for anything at this point)Will be happy to send a resume if needed. Also looking for a place to live (apt or house near downtown) and have a few possibles already but will be checking into that as well. Now my only concern after that will be if pearl jam crowds will be as awesome on the west coast as they are here on the east coast Thanks for any and all help :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Fahka wrote:
    Now my only concern after that will be if pearl jam crowds will be as awesome on the west coast as they are here on the east coast Thanks for any and all help :)

honestly, no. Not here in Seattle. There really is a 'Seattle Freeze'.

From my personal experience, I went to 2 FTM shows, EV Solo, Mike McCready baseball game, Soundgarden show, Seattle poster show, and have only met ONE person from the boards...kept trying to meet up with people, but got nothing. Ok, well, I did meet The Rob and Tim B. The girl I sat next to at the Mariners game was nice, but didn't get her name/board name.
    The first PJ westie I met came out from San Fran...Ryezupsf She's freaking awesome!

I will guarantee you one thing, I will most certainly be willing to meet up with you and say 'hi'. :D

Wish I could point you in the direction of a job, but I've been looking for the past 2 years. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions or need any other info, I'm glad to help.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • I don't think I've ever met a PJ board member either and I'm here in Seattle! I went to the Live on Two Legs Launch party but didn't really connect with anyone.
    I wouldn't mind saying hi to you guys! :)

As for finding a job, i'm not sure what types of jobs you're looking for but you can always check out Craigslist, I've gotten a couple of part time jobs there (I work full time but am constantly looking for a second job, and I look at craigslist on the daily).

Good luck! Let me know if I can do anything to help!
    7/15/2011 - Benoroya Hall - (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Seattle, WA
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
    9/21/2009 Key Arena - Seattle, WA
    7/22/2006 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    we'll be moving there (or to Portland) this summer. we'll bring the craziness. :lol::lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Yay!! More fun people coming to the northwest!! :D
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Fahka wrote:
    Now my only concern after that will be if pearl jam crowds will be as awesome on the west coast as they are here on the east coast Thanks for any and all help :)

From my personal experience, I went to 2 FTM shows, EV Solo, Mike McCready baseball game, Soundgarden show, Seattle poster show, and have only met ONE person from the boards...kept trying to meet up with people, but got nothing. Ok, well, I did meet The Rob and Tim B. The girl I sat next to at the Mariners game was nice, but didn't get her name/board name.
    The first PJ westie I met came out from San Fran...Ryezupsf She's freaking awesome!

I will guarantee you one thing, I will most certainly be willing to meet up with you and say 'hi'. :D

Wish I could point you in the direction of a job, but I've been looking for the past 2 years. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions or need any other info, I'm glad to help.

I definitely might hit you up in pm with some questions. I'm going out there to finish massage therapy school but also i'm a musician/singer and really hoping that moving out there will make it easier to find people to play with/write with. I'd love it if you could pm me your thoughts on Seattle and if its still a place where a musician can flourish or at very least have some fun :P
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Fahka wrote:

you should come to chicago
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I don't think I've ever met a PJ board member either and I'm here in Seattle! I went to the Live on Two Legs Launch party but didn't really connect with anyone.
    I wouldn't mind saying hi to you guys! :)

As for finding a job, i'm not sure what types of jobs you're looking for but you can always check out Craigslist, I've gotten a couple of part time jobs there (I work full time but am constantly looking for a second job, and I look at craigslist on the daily).

Good luck! Let me know if I can do anything to help!

thank you so much :)

thats so crazy to me that you've never met a board member! I mean i have met a few people through here but most people i meet vice versa at a show and then find out they are on the message board. I have seriously met some of the most amazing friends seeing pearl jam all over the east coast.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    My best friend from this board lives right outside Seattle (Woodinville) and she does all the Seattle events. She doesn't post much here anymore, but she's one of kindest, most generous and one helluva good time to hang out with type of person. I just love her.

her name here is idratherbe, but it's probably been quite a while since she's posted. I've known her since 2003 and we have had some kick ass times together and plan on many more in the future.
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Fahka wrote:

That bums me out. Are people stuck up? or Just stuck in their ways? I mean it would kind of suck to move out there and try to play shows and people not be into it or be too cool to rock out or at very least be open to the art form of music. If they can't even get it up for pearl jam, what hope would i have??! I mean, honestly if pearl jam can't get your blood pumping you seriously might be a zombie :mrgreen:
    81 wrote:

I love it here too much. I have no problems talking to people at fairs/festivals/bars...most people just don't like to make the 'effort' to make plans to meet for drinks/hang out.

Fahka...I'll PM you some thoughts and info!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

I love it here too much. I have no problems talking to people at fairs/festivals/bars...most people just don't like to make the 'effort' to make plans to meet for drinks/hang out.

Much appreciated :) thank you.
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

just for the weekend
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=180585

:mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

just for the weekend
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=180585

:mrgreen:

you buy me a plane ticket, and find me a place to stay... :thumbup: (I'll bring alcoholic whipped cream!)

- Christopher McCandless
  • Fahka wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Fahka wrote:

That bums me out. Are people stuck up? or Just stuck in their ways? I mean it would kind of suck to move out there and try to play shows and people not be into it or be too cool to rock out or at very least be open to the art form of music. If they can't even get it up for pearl jam, what hope would i have??! I mean, honestly if pearl jam can't get your blood pumping you seriously might be a zombie :mrgreen:

People aren't really stuck up here, those people live in Bellevue :D
    And actually, the music scene is pretty great here, there are a lot of awesome venues around in Seattle and tons of local bands play at these venues.
    It would be nice to get some of us together for drinks every once in awhile!

And actually, the music scene is pretty great here, there are a lot of awesome venues around in Seattle and tons of local bands play at these venues.

hey now! I worked and went to school in Bellevue! :x

Prob why I ended up hanging out in Seattle for the most part... :lol:

Would love to meet up for drinks Leyna :)

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    you buy me a plane ticket, and find me a place to stay... :thumbup: (I'll bring alcoholic whipped cream!)

if you don't mind staying for 4-5 days....280 round trip.....i'd kick 25.

as for staying someplace...somebody here runs a hotel...i'm sure they could sneak you in to a room. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDY wrote:

hey now! I worked and went to school in Bellevue! :x

Prob why I ended up hanging out in Seattle for the most part... :lol:

Would love to meet up for drinks Leyna :)

Haha! And I used to live in Redmond! But made the awesome move to Seattle last year and then am now settled down in Wallingford :D But yeah, Wallingford and Seattle are pretty much where I hang out! I know a great dive bar in the Sodo district for some drinks!
  • All of us Puget Sounders should meet up for drinks. What day will work for most? Let's do it on the 21st or 28th. We could meet at the Croc or Elysian fields. What do you all say?
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • photogirllizphotogirlliz Posts: 2,491
    81 wrote:

Help me find a place and job...
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
    All of us Puget Sounders should meet up for drinks. What day will work for most? Let's do it on the 21st or 28th. We could meet at the Croc or Elysian fields. What do you all say?

Elysian makes Men's Room Red right? They have it on tap?

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    All of us Puget Sounders should meet up for drinks. What day will work for most? Let's do it on the 21st or 28th. We could meet at the Croc or Elysian fields. What do you all say?

Elysian makes Men's Room Red right? They have it on tap?
    Yep, and it's right next to the football stadium.
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
    Hey Fahka...did you make it out here alright? How's it going?

- Christopher McCandless
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    ugh. Id love to move to Seattle
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    MayDay10 wrote:
    ugh. Id love to move to Seattle
    QFT

best vacation i ever had was Seattle
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?