The PJ Frog

brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,707
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
There's a small frog that lives in a drain pipe in my garage. Today while I was out there arranging my stores stock of religious, spiritual and metaphysical books I had the "rearviewmirror" compilation playing. About a minute into "Nothing as it Seems" the frog started to sweetly croak right along in perfect time with the song for about another minute then stopped. About a minute into "Light Years"-- same thing happened and again with "I am Mine" and "Man of the Hour". As I finished putting the last book away "Yellow Ledbetter" started to play frog and I sat quietly and just listened. A sweet and sublime moment.
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• frazbafrazba Posts: 601
    What are you smoking? Can I have some?
  • ShortyShorty Posts: 1,160
    see if he's got anything to say if you play riot act.....
    Your Disciples Are Riddled With Metaphors.

08/21/2009: Toronto, ON
    09/11/2011: Toronto, ON
    07/16/2013: London, ON
    10/12/2013: Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014: Detroit, MI
    05/08/2016: Ottawa, ON
    05/10/2016: Toronto, ON
    05/12/2016: Toronto, ON
    08/20/2016: Chicago, IL
    08/22/2016: Chicago, IL
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,707
    frazba wrote:
    What are you smoking? Can I have some?
    Funny you mention that... :D

No, actually I wasn't but I think maybe the frog was! :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    First you had the Rolling Stones spider, now the Pearl Jam frog. What's next, a grasshopper jamming to David Bowie?
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    brianlux wrote:
    There's a small frog that lives in a drain pipe in my garage. Today while I was out there arranging my stores stock of religious, spiritual and metaphysical books I had the "rearviewmirror" compilation playing. About a minute into "Nothing as it Seems" the frog started to sweetly croak right along in perfect time with the song for about another minute then stopped. About a minute into "Light Years"-- same thing happened and again with "I am Mine" and "Man of the Hour". As I finished putting the last book away "Yellow Ledbetter" started to play frog and I sat quietly and just listened. A sweet and sublime moment.

Pay no mind to these non believers and doubters :D

I LOVE this story,I love frogs very much,I wish I had a frog that lived in a pipe that sang to me,I used to live by a marsh and the frogs would sing ... the most beautiful sound in the world

Beautiful vision you created there :D
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • stargirl69 wrote:
    I LOVE this story,I
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    My frogs love PJ!

I think it's the baritone :D
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Nice! :D
    PJ Frog ain't got shit on Bowie Hamster

BowieHamster.jpg
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    Shorty wrote:

Seems you missed the part where he mentions 'I Am Mine'
  • ShortyShorty Posts: 1,160
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    Shorty wrote:

Guilty - I did - skimmed the songs and went right for the joke - in hindsight - joke wasn't funny enough - and - I like Riot Act
    Your Disciples Are Riddled With Metaphors.

08/21/2009: Toronto, ON
    09/11/2011: Toronto, ON
    07/16/2013: London, ON
    10/12/2013: Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014: Detroit, MI
    05/08/2016: Ottawa, ON
    05/10/2016: Toronto, ON
    05/12/2016: Toronto, ON
    08/20/2016: Chicago, IL
    08/22/2016: Chicago, IL
    First you had the Rolling Stones spider, now the Pearl Jam frog. What's next, a grasshopper jamming to David Bowie?
    I think grasshoppers are more into B-52's and Talking Heads, SatanFuton. Animals aren't as into Bowie but aliens are crazy about him-- especially The Man Who Fell to Earth!

Shorty wrote:
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    Shorty wrote:

Guilty - I did - skimmed the songs and went right for the joke - in hindsight - joke wasn't funny enough - and - I like Riot Act

Well, he didn't play Riot Act, he just played I Am Mine from Rearviewmirror, so I think it's valid to see which camp the Frog falls into when confronted with the whole album. One song from an album off the greatest hits isn't the same as listening to the album.
    stargirl69 wrote:
    brianlux wrote:

Pay no mind to these non believers and doubters :D

I LOVE this story,I love frogs very much,I wish I had a frog that lived in a pipe that sang to me,I used to live by a marsh and the frogs would sing ... the most beautiful sound in the world

It's all about the frog! Aren't they just too cool! Frogs and DS's owls- love 'em!

• WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    homertoad_3794.jpg
    brianlux wrote:
    I think grasshoppers are more into B-52's and Talking Heads, SatanFuton. Animals aren't as into Bowie but aliens are crazy about him-- especially The Man Who Fell to Earth!

I beg to differ, Diamond Dogs is a huge album with the canine community.

f8b7b4216a47047d60c293428fa8f6bc689c8364.jpg
    brianlux wrote:

I beg to differ, Diamond Dogs is a huge album with the canine community.

f8b7b4216a47047d60c293428fa8f6bc689c8364.jpg
    DING DING DING!! You're right!! :lol::lol::lol:

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    brianlux wrote:
    It's all about the frog! Aren't they just too cool! Frogs and DS's owls- love 'em!

We have to get them together this summer for some sort of festival!!! :lol:
  • PJ Frog ain't got shit on Bowie Hamster

BowieHamster.jpg

:lol:
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014