the liquor thread

2»

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    My love is beer, but if i'm going to drink liquor i prefer scotch

My usual is Balvenie 12 their doublewood. My total wine has it for a very affordable price and it is usually what i pick up.
    I also love Lagavulan but since it is 85 bucks a bottle it's rare i pick that up :( i have a hard time justifying it.
    I also love the Balvenie 21 but i'll never pay that much for a bottle of anything, but one of my friends got a bonus and he bought it and i enjoyed the hell out of it.

I do like a dirty martini now and again but I don't know too much about the different vodka's svedka, sky, three olives, tito's usually one of those gets the job done for me. Can't go wrong with Kettle One.

I do have a weak spot for Firfefly's sweet tea flavored vodka. :D

If i do drink bourbon (and i usually don't if i'm in the mood for something straight i usually just get scotch) its knob creek, makers mark or woodford

Now i want some scotch and it is 8am monday morning :cry:
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I like it all! :D
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Bourbon Neat
    Scotch Rocks
    That Bourbon Neat I had with you Saturday sure was good :mrgreen:
    Thanks again 8-)
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    conman wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I don't discriminate, but I really love me some Captain!
    :sick:

me and the captain got in a fight once and he kicked my ass

:lol:

I've had some doozies with el capitan myself but it's a very abusive relationship...I just keep coming back for more!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    John Daniels......all day.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • photogirllizphotogirlliz Posts: 2,491
    I really dig Midori...I really enjoy fruity drinks. I'm also down with vodka :)
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    why is everybody afraid of Everclear? I have a bottle, and offer to bring it, and people always freak out... :|
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    The day of my wedding the guys' limo driver pulled out a bottle of Transylvanian moonshine...of which all the guys (including dear hubby) took pulls of. Of course I didn't find out about this til I got the wedding dvd and saw some of the groomsmen swaying around during the ceremony. Real nice! To this day they all say it was the strongest liquor they've ever had. Wish I could find that limo driver and try it out :mrgreen:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    I've tried sweet tea vodka but I haven't figured out a good mix with it yet. Using ginger ale is okay. I tried it with lemonade but it wasn't all that great. I had Seagram's Sweet Tea vodka. I don't know if any other brands are better. A former co-worker told me her dad had a bottle that tasted just like sweet tea but I never did find out the brand.

Pinnacle cherry vodka is good with 7-Up or Sprite. I like it best with the retro 7-Up made with sugar, but that's tough to find sometimes. Pinnacle also makes a whipped cream vodka that's good with orange soda.

Jack and Coke is always good, too. The next time I get my hands on some Mexican Coke I'm going to try it out. I have a feeling it's even better with that old-school Coke.
  • photogirllizphotogirlliz Posts: 2,491
    I've tried sweet tea vodka but I haven't figured out a good mix with it yet. Using ginger ale is okay. I tried it with lemonade but it wasn't all that great. I had Seagram's Sweet Tea vodka. I don't know if any other brands are better. A former co-worker told me her dad had a bottle that tasted just like sweet tea but I never did find out the brand.

Pinnacle cherry vodka is good with 7-Up or Sprite. I like it best with the retro 7-Up made with sugar, but that's tough to find sometimes. Pinnacle also makes a whipped cream vodka that's good with orange soda.

Jack and Coke is always good, too. The next time I get my hands on some Mexican Coke I'm going to try it out. I have a feeling it's even better with that old-school Coke.

A restaurant here in Springfield serves a drink called the Texas Sweet Tea. It has Firefly Sweet Tea vodka, Amaretto, Lemonade, and more vodka! It's pretty strong and pretty delicious.

And whipped cream vodka...with orange soda! That sounds amazing!
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I'm a beer guy, but I also like a good bourbon on occasion. If I'm drinking it straight (well, with a splash of water) I usually go with Bulleit, Woodford Reserve or Maker's Mark. If I'm mixing with Coke, I'll usually go with Wild Turkey 101. I also like Bulleit Rye.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKY2NJMgzB1W3ApAT6j0_BMFcDH7KR0MFK1Ro8kXVBKP4Ure7O
    mmmmmm
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    why is everybody afraid of Everclear? I have a bottle, and offer to bring it, and people always freak out... :|

i'd take a swig
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    adam42381 wrote:
    I'm a beer guy, but I also like a good bourbon on occasion. If I'm drinking it straight (well, with a splash of water) I usually go with Bulleit, Woodford Reserve or Maker's Mark. If I'm mixing with Coke, I'll usually go with Wild Turkey 101. I also like Bulleit Rye.

Evan williams single barrel. mmmmmm
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    Is that stuff good enough to drink straight? I thought I could do that with the Seagrams seet tea and it was not a good move.
    Mamasan23 wrote:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKY2NJMgzB1W3ApAT6j0_BMFcDH7KR0MFK1Ro8kXVBKP4Ure7O
    mmmmmm
    Is that stuff good enough to drink straight? I thought I could do that with the Seagrams seet tea and it was not a good move.

No - I made the same mistake...yikes! If you mix it with lemonade it's amazing!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Margaritas! and Secret Santa party tonight :D !
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    Mamasan23 wrote:

No - I made the same mistake...yikes! If you mix it with lemonade it's amazing!
    lemonade is good and sometimes i'll just put water in it...
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    afroannnie wrote:

Tequila has always been good to me..I tried this recently and it was yummy...

Scotto_patron_xo_47677_sm.jpg

I've been meaning to try this but don't want to spend $50 on a bottle if I'm not going to like it. What do you mix it with?

My newest love is Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey. To. Die. For.

Fireball_Whiskey.jpg
  • number1PJfannumber1PJfan Posts: 3,748
    Vodka and Jack Daniels, of course--I couldn't stray from Tennessee's finest.
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Jeanwah wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

Tequila has always been good to me..I tried this recently and it was yummy...

Scotto_patron_xo_47677_sm.jpg

I've been meaning to try this but don't want to spend $50 on a bottle if I'm not going to like it. What do you mix it with?

My newest love is Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey. To. Die. For.

Fireball_Whiskey.jpg

Cinnamon Whiskey !!!!!!! Sounds delicious

I need to go find this one - never had it before and would love to give it a try :mrgreen:
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    mikalina wrote:

Cinnamon Whiskey !!!!!!! Sounds delicious

I need to go find this one - never had it before and would love to give it a try :mrgreen:

It's really, really good!
  • IgotshitIDIgotshitID Posts: 895
    edited January 2012
    Liquor is great.... I love Lambs rum but I dont think they have that many places??? I couldnt find any in Toronto, it might just be a Newfoundland/east cost thing.
    Post edited by IgotshitID on
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    I enjoy Bourbon and Gin. A good gin and tonic is my go-to, usually made with Tanqueray. Yum!

I tried the sweet tea vodka before a wedding recently, and just drank it straight not realizing it was a reasonably proofed vodka....led to an eventful evening and running out to the hotel's lobby bathroom @ 5am so I didn't wake up my date while puking my guts out.

I cannot do Patron XO however. It just does not taste good to me. A couple of friends LOVE it but I refuse. Maybe I need to try and mix it with something.
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    My go-to drink is generally either Jack Daniels or Wild Turkey. I'm starting to enjoy the new Honey Jack on the rocks, too. When hitting up a bar I generally go with double Jack & Cokes.

I'm also a fan of Rums, like Havana Club and Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum.

After nearly dying from a Vodka experience a long time ago, I've limited my intake of that particular spirit.

Then when I play the part of a high-roller, It's Johnny Walker black label (blue if I've had a good night).
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    Had this stuff last weekend. It was fucking awesome

http://www.edradour.com/index5.html

Not available in the US but it is some good stuff.
    Any opinions on Red Breast Irish Whiskey?
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,832
    Dewars on the rocks is my standard

Splurge for Macallans or Balvenie Carribean cask when I can
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

My Father-in-Law swears by it!
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

My Father-in-Law swears by it!

Nice, good to know. Thanks, man. Bringing a a bottle of something decent up to Albany for the game this weekend and that caught my eye. Looks like that is probably it.