Options

No Code Vinyl - 2012 hunt

SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,940
edited March 2013 in Lost Dogs
I'll probably be bumping this thread a lot so let me just explain myself first...

Last year I had a bad eBay experience when I "won" No Code from a UK seller for £50, was very pleased with myself until it didn't show up...the seller kept emailing me saying he was checking with the post office, etc and stalled me just long enough that I was outside of the claims window. I was new to eBay and ended up out of pocket with nothing to show for it but a massive distrust of eBay auctions. :(

This year I'm going to put my trust in the Pearl Jam fans - something I should have done in the first place. :roll:

So just throwing it out there, if you have a copy of No Code in a decent condition, I'm not looking for a sealed copy as I want to play it (I know, I weird like that) then let me know your price...I'm based in the UK and would require trackable postage to avoid any of last years drama.

Thanks for reading and keep me in mind in 2012 please. :D

Cheers,
Spags
Nature drunk and High
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Spags,
    i know it's probably not a comfort but i'm hoping the No Code/Yield re-issue will be this year at some point.
    And if the reissues to date have been anything to go by, it'll be exactly the same as the original release. I'd say hang on before you splash out.
    Not a guarantee by no means but it could save you a lot of money and heartbreak.
    hope that's a help.
  • Options
    No guarantee that it will get reissued tho and I'd like the original version tbh even if they brought it out next week. I have both for Vitalogy. :D

Appreciate the reply tho mate...there's no rush, I'll just be patient until one becomes available.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    Is there really a difference between the original and reissue? Just curious as I am pretty new to this.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    Can't speak for the VS one but here are some pics of the Vitalogy in comparison...

Front - Reissue on left has different coloured font
    frontmedium.jpg

Back - Reissue on left
    backmediumn.jpg

Top - Reissue on left is taller than original
    topmedium.jpg

But at least the reissue is the same height as the VS reissue
    vsvitalogymedium.jpg

I've only got a few PJ vinyls and they are all over the place with heights tbh! Not that I'm anal about it or anything... :D
    topsmedium.jpg

Bottom - Reissue on left
    bottommedium.jpg

Reissue is on heavier vinyl and across two records - hence different track listing printings
    tracklistingsmedium.jpg

Both album versions sound great though its nice not to have to get up and flip the original as often ;)

Hope that helps, I guess in answer to your question they may reissue No Code on heavier vinyl and have it across two records, hopefully the same height as the others. They may not, who knows?! :lol:

Until then anybody selling No Code? :D
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    Appreciate it! That's good to know.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    Bump - looks like I must have been outbid so still hunting...

Please only reply or PM if you've been on the forums for more than five minutes and have good communication skills... :roll:
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    I noticed that one of the records in the center is bent at the top. If that is a Blue VS I will gladly take it off your hands so you don't have to look at it.
    Spags wrote:
    topsmedium.jpg
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Lol, no it's the Go single, been moved around at lot since I got it when it came out. No idea where the poster went.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Bump - still hunting for that lesser spotted No Code vinyl...
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    I found a copy sealed for £99 on Amazon. That's an awesome price! I have a copy and have been looking at how much it's worth as I may need to sell to help pay for my drum kit. I would not sell for £99 tho (I'd rather starve) and mine has actually been opened and played more than once.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/No-Code-VINYL-P ... 562&sr=8-1

Hope this helps
  • Options
    Well it's 2013 now - but I'm a bump as I'm still on the hunt.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    PrimalPrimal Posts: 41
    Honestly - all I can say is keep an eye out on auction sites. I'd pretty much given up hope of scoring a copy of No Code on vinyl without having to pay the horrendous prices on eBay, but then on a local auction site (http://www.Trademe.co.nz) there was some doode selling Ten, Vs, Vitalogy, No Code, Riot Act and Lost Dogs all for the price that one of those seems to go for on eBay....
  • Options
    tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,691
    Man dont give up! I found one few months ago for 40 bucks
    EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
    London,ON - 2013
    Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013