Afternoon Drinking

LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Is the best. Nothing better than walking out of a pub and having the suns rays hit your eyes.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• beautiful thing indeed
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    agreed. but when i afternoon drink, i have to be in it for the long haul throughout the night. otherwise i am hungover by like 8pm. that part sucks.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    rival. wrote:
    agreed. but when i afternoon drink, i have to be in it for the long haul throughout the night. otherwise i am hungover by like 8pm. that part sucks.

No doubt. You're committed at that point.
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    rival. wrote:
    fact.

afternoon drinking is my favorite activity :D
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    the only thing better then afternoon drinking is AM drinking on the company dime before a ball game.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:
    the only thing better then afternoon drinking is AM drinking on the company dime before a ball game.

what about when the head honcho at a major tobacco company insists he buy you beers? oh, and ypou're on the clock too...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

what about when the head honcho at a major tobacco company insists he buy you beers? oh, and ypou're on the clock too...

make it a double
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    rival. wrote:

Very true..happened to me and some friends after some day drinking on Cinco de Mayo one year...we all passed out by 7 pm :lol::lol:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • DOWNerDOWNer Posts: 60
    at lunch last week, I had a mojito & mom had two crown and sevens. SUPERFUN!
    <a href="http://www.artsymcgee.com/"&gt;
    artsymcgee.com</a>
  • I used to do this every Friday - my manager believed in a 2 martini lunch every Friday. It routinely lead to a brief return to the office and early exit to another spot to continue.
    What sucks is being a person in the office in Ops and watching the sales guys cruise in half in the bag, stand around talk for a while and then leave for the bar (and weekend.) I always felt badly for them.
    [Not badly enough to change my actions!]
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Shit. I think I'm hungover.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I don't believe in any of this waiting until noon or 5:00 to drink BS. Drink em if you got em and the earlier the better!

AA has me on a list somewhere and is awaiting my arrival. Not ready yet friends, not yet.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Afternoon cocktails and a disco nap
    but still off game then for a big night...
    just getting too old now so we wait til the 5pm bell
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    pandora wrote:
    Afternoon cocktails and a disco nap
    but still off game then for a big night...
    just getting too old now so we wait til the 5pm bell

What's a disco nap?

Never mind. Just googled it. I've never heard the term before but I have had my fair share of them.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,918
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I don't believe in any of this waiting until noon or 5:00 to drink BS. Drink em if you got em and the earlier the better!

AA has me on a list somewhere and is awaiting my arrival. Not ready yet friends, not yet.
    No list , but theres always an open seat. Near the door at that!!! :mrgreen:

Its true about open seat being available. 8-)
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    I worked in bars in NYC for years. Used to meet up with bartenders after work at 4 or 5am and we usually called it quits around 9am. It was a vampire lifestyle and way too much fun.

Edit: I guess that's technically morning drinking.
  • Day drinking is the best. Although they usually turn into a 10-12 hour bender and I feel like death the next day.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,536
    god bless america.
    www.myspace.com