Options

Chicago PJ Party Meetup @ Alive One

Comments

• Options
    KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    Everyone is planning on staying longer than more than 3 hours at the bar right?..

Jeremy
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Gotta say I'm with Speedy. Not that I don't appreciate everything the Wishlist Foundation has done....great organization....but I was more just thinking a hangout and drinks.

Also, just got this response from Alive One:

Thank you for your inquiry! Our private parties are 3 hour functions of open bar from 8p-11p with the option of 2 different drink drink packages: $25 or $30, respectfully. The $25 package includes call drinks and domestic/craft draft beers. The $30 is the same as the $25, except with premium liquors and a few more beer options. You may also choose to just pay cash as you go.
    As of right now, we have one other inquiry for 3/31 that actually came through today shortly before yours. I will put your name on the calendar anyway in case the other party falls through. However, if you're not concerned with your party being private I can also offer you the front room at aliveOne, as an alternative, where you'd be able to do the same drink packages. In addition, any other date in March is open if you're not already set on 3/31. I look forward to hearing back from you and finding something that works for your group!

Not sure if that inquiry was someone from here :?: If not, I think we should keep the date as it works for everyone. How would everyone feel about doing the drink package in the front room? I like the drink package idea, $25 for 3 hours is a damn good deal if you drink like I do :D Or we could just go cash. Honestly I just want to keep this as simple as possible.

Keep the same date...I am good with being in the front room...No biggie to me...I agree..Keep it simple..

AliveOne doesn't serve food?...Is there a restuarant near the bar?

Jeremy
  • Options
    Everyone is planning on staying longer than more than 3 hours at the bar right?..

Jeremy
    Ill stay till they toss me to the street....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

Jeremy
    Ill stay till they toss me to the street....

Hi Speedy,

Sounds good to me..I am looking forward to meet up...Should be a good a time..

Jeremy
  • Options
    RoccoT.....312RoccoT.....312 Chicago Posts: 165
    AliveOne doesn't serve food?...Is there a restuarant near the bar?

Jeremy[/quote]

there are a lot of place to eat around there,,, many open very late to help the drunk get sober. if my memory serves me their is an awesome taco place across the street
    Alpine Valley, PJ20 9-3-2011
    RNDM: Lincoln Hall, 11-13-2012
    Wrigley Field, An Evening with Pearl Jam 7-19-2013
    BMO Harris Bradley Center, 2014 Fall Tour 10-20-2014
    RNDM: Double Door, 3-15-2016

th_chicagobanner.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Man, this sounds like a good time. Can you have it a little closer to Smalbany? :lol:
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    DS1119 wrote:
    Man, this sounds like a good time. Can you have it a little closer to Smalbany? :lol:
    Get your butt to Chicago DS. This is not a request, so don't even think about not coming :)
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Get your butt to Chicago DS. This is not a request, so don't even think about not coming :)

Hah! I looked at flights and I could be there for the weekend for about 500 bucks including hotel. :think:
  • Options
    rickprickp Posts: 219
    there are a lot of place to eat around there,,, many open very late to help the drunk get sober. if my memory serves me their is an awesome taco place across the street

La Bamba is nearby and open late but like you said, there are plenty of places in the area
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    DS1119 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Hah! I looked at flights and I could be there for the weekend for about 500 bucks including hotel. :think:
    Drive you pussy.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    edited January 2012
    Suave.27 wrote:
    ALWAYS looking for a reason to come to Chi and party. Going to talk to my friend (she's loves PJ too!) And see if she has anything going on. And $30 is a helllll of a deal if that whole thing goes through. Likelihood there will be two more- I'll find out tonight!!
    8-)
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    Cool, I'll put it in my calendar.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Drive you pussy.

Flying is considerably cheaper than driving. Albany to Chicago is roughly 800 miles. I can fly Southwest each way for 155 and figure a hundred a night for a room in downtown Chicago. I'm actually really considering this? :lol:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Drive you pussy.

Flying is considerably cheaper than driving. Albany to Chicago is roughly 800 miles. I can fly Southwest each way for 155 and figure a hundred a night for a room in downtown Chicago. I'm actually really considering this? :lol:

Hi,

I will split a hotel room with you...If you decide to make it..

Jeremy
  • Options
    Hi,

Jeremy

This place cracks me up! I can see myself at work this week.

Me: "Yeah I'm going to CHicago the weekend of 3/31"

Co-worker "That's cool...family??"

Me "No just a bunch of Pearl Jam fans getting together to drink and do whatever the fuck happens"

Co-worker "Cool :? "

:lol:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Hi,

Jeremy

This place cracks me up! I can see myself at work this week.

Me: "Yeah I'm going to CHicago the weekend of 3/31"

Co-worker "That's cool...family??"

Me "No just a bunch of Pearl Jam fans getting together to drink and do whatever the fuck happens"

Co-worker "Cool :? "

It All Good!!
  • Options
    I'm in if I'm still in the area! I'm up in WI, but am currently looking to transfer out, but don't expect to until April. I'm a newbie here, so I'd like to meet some people here and be able to talk PJ to my heart's content without any one getting sick of it! :D
    Don't it make you smile?
    I MISS YOU ALREDDIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

PJ 20 Alpine Valley 9/3/11, Eddie Vedder Albuquerque 11/6/12
  • Options
    RoccoT.....312RoccoT.....312 Chicago Posts: 165
    Just got done bar hopping in Wrigleyville,, I talked my friends In to checking out alive one tonight awesome place. It was hopping tonight . It's like music bar Mecca.. They have lots of pearl jam on their juke box and the place is just awesome. Can't wait for this bc my non hard core PJ friends r I think getting sick of me talking about PJ stuff. FUCK'EM
    Alpine Valley, PJ20 9-3-2011
    RNDM: Lincoln Hall, 11-13-2012
    Wrigley Field, An Evening with Pearl Jam 7-19-2013
    BMO Harris Bradley Center, 2014 Fall Tour 10-20-2014
    RNDM: Double Door, 3-15-2016

th_chicagobanner.jpg
  • Options
    Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    edited August 2012
    :)
    Post edited by Stardog3.. on
  • Options
    Suave.27 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Suave.27 wrote:
    ALWAYS looking for a reason to come to Chi and party. Going to talk to my friend (she's loves PJ too!) And see if she has anything going on. And $30 is a helllll of a deal if that whole thing goes through. Likelihood there will be two more- I'll find out tonight!!
    8-)

Do I even want to know what this said before you edited it twice?? :lol:

Also, I received a definite "yes." from my friend, so count us IN. :)
    :arrow: :arrow: 8-):lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Drive you pussy.

i talked with the mgmt at alive one, and they are in the middle of installing charging stations in the back room
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    81 wrote:
    :arrow: :arrow: 8-):lol:

That's what it said?? We've discussed this before, I'm not completely down with all the board terminology and smileys. :lol:

This place looks sweet. And after the all you can drink is over, they have 5 dolla Jameson shots everyday. Very nice.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    penciling it in. looks like an easy trip on the CTA.
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    81 wrote:
    i talked with the mgmt at alive one, and they are in the middle of installing charging stations in the back room

They'd better have non-Smartphone ones. At Alpine I had to find a wall outlet for my dinky little Samsung flip phone. :?
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
    This sounds too good to miss.

I'll be there.
  • Options
    Dirty MosquitoDirty Mosquito Chicago Posts: 621
    This sounds like it will be a good time if everyone can make it.

And Speedy; it's always a good time when you are there, so hope to see you brother!
    Alpine Valley 06-13-99 [EV-Solo]
    Alpine Valley 10-8-00 (The Icebowl)
    Chicago 05-16-06, 05-17-06
    Lollapalooza 08-05-07
    Chicago 08-22-08 [EV Solo]
    Chicago 08-23-09, 08-24-09
    Chicago 06-28-11, 06-29-11 [EV Solo]
    PJ20 Alpine Valley 09-03-11, 09-04-11
    Wrigley Field 07-19-13
    Wrigley Field 08-20-16, 08-22-16
  • Options
    REALLY looking forward to this!!!

I live about a mile from the bar so if anyone traveling into the city for the shindig has any questions about how to get around or where to stay, etc., PM me, I'd be happy to help out. :P

So we're shooting for 8pm? Doesn't matter to me if we have a private room or not, I'll be happy just to be among other people who love PJ as much as I do!
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Drive you pussy.

Hah! :lol:
  • Options
    I'm in...is there a special occasion? New album release perhaps??
  • Options
    I say we play only PJ or PJ-related music!