Can we make it a year without winter?

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Crazy how consistently warm it's been this winter. We've barely had a few dustings of snow here in Chicago.

Last year was miserably cold and tons of snow. Forecasts have this great weather continuing to at least mid January.. if we can keep rolling 6 more weeks like this I will be happy.

I for one hate hot weather and bitterly cold weather. As long as it's above freezing and below 85, I could care less.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    After the storm we had in October I think CT is all set with snow.
  • CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    No winter seems odd to me. I live in Michigan. Today felt like spring.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    don't worry....a strom is coming...

co worker is closing on a house next thursday....i told her, that gonna bring a storm during their move in time frame.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,808
    all depends where u live first of all ;)

People in the midwest and north east should have one winter storm within the month
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • ShortyShorty Posts: 1,160
    I'm from the land where winters are winters - if you know what I mean - northern Canada - where a couple of days ago it was -30 without the wind chill (wind chill always makes me laugh - like it fucking matters if it's -30 but feels like -40 - IT'S FUCKING COLD). That's celcius by the way.

Anyway - last year I was sledding (out on my ski-doo) the 3rd week of November. This year - I could see grass Christmas day in my front lawn. I would LOVE warm winter for a change! Just give me snow so I can sled. But not so much that I have to shovel constantly.
    Your Disciples Are Riddled With Metaphors.

08/21/2009: Toronto, ON
    09/11/2011: Toronto, ON
    07/16/2013: London, ON
    10/12/2013: Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014: Detroit, MI
    05/08/2016: Ottawa, ON
    05/10/2016: Toronto, ON
    05/12/2016: Toronto, ON
    08/20/2016: Chicago, IL
    08/22/2016: Chicago, IL
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    Shorty wrote:
    I'm from the land where winters are winters - if you know what I mean - northern Canada - where a couple of days ago it was -30 without the wind chill (wind chill always makes me laugh - like it fucking matters if it's -30 but feels like -40 - IT'S FUCKING COLD). That's celcius by the way.

Anyway - last year I was sledding (out on my ski-doo) the 3rd week of November. This year - I could see grass Christmas day in my front lawn. I would LOVE warm winter for a change! Just give me snow so I can sled. But not so much that I have to shovel constantly.

+1 I am from SWO, I dislike shoveling!!
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Gob wrote:
    Crazy how consistently warm it's been this winter. We've barely had a few dustings of snow here in Chicago.

Last year was miserably cold and tons of snow. Forecasts have this great weather continuing to at least mid January.. if we can keep rolling 6 more weeks like this I will be happy.

I for one hate hot weather and bitterly cold weather. As long as it's above freezing and below 85, I could care less.

Could NOT care less
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Gob wrote:

Could NOT care less
    thank you. that always bothers me ;)
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Gob wrote:

Could NOT care less
    Depends on if you're caring that you like the weather or caring that you dislike it. 8-)
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    Gob wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Gob wrote:

Could NOT care less
    Depends on if you're caring that you like the weather or caring that you dislike it. 8-)
    maybe it's the lack of sleep but that makes zero sense to me :?
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    conman wrote:
    Gob wrote:
    maybe it's the lack of sleep but that makes zero sense to me :?
    One can care less... if I were to like the weather, I would be caring less about it being too warm or too cold. if the weather is nice, I don't care. if the weather is shitty, I care and I want it to change.. make sense?
  • So what's the word on Knox CHI?
  • great idea..fuck winter
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Could NOT care less
    tumblrla3zcqjfdd1qbw8br.jpg

:lol:
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    voidofman wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Could NOT care less

:thumbup:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    So what's the word on Knox CHI?

haven't heard anything. they said he should be ready for next season before the surgery...haven't seen any updates....media is busy with gm/oc business
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • High of 54 in Chicago on January 6th! This is crazy, but I fucking love it!
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    voidofman wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Could NOT care less

...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    voidofman wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Could NOT care less

best picture ever
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • photogirllizphotogirlliz Posts: 2,491
    voidofman wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Could NOT care less

:lol: Hahahaha! Love it!

Typically, I LOVE winter...however, since my car is being a total bitch and doesn't want to start now when it gets cold...winter can stay away.
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
    High of 54 in Chicago on January 6th! This is crazy, but I fucking love it!

That is crazy, I thought 45 here in Smalbany was strange. :?
    DS1119 wrote:
    High of 54 in Chicago on January 6th! This is crazy, but I fucking love it!

That is crazy, I thought 45 here in Smalbany was strange. :?
    It's 63 here in Springfield, MO!
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    We have 53 in Milwaukee today. Sun is shining and I love it! :mrgreen:
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    The thermometer here reads 58 degrees...I LOVE IT! I wish every winter could be like this. :mrgreen:
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    Do you realize the mosquito and flea and tick issue we are going to have if we don't have a deep freeze?

(The above information is completely unfounded...I really have NO clue of what I am talking about)
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
    Do you realize the mosquito and flea and tick issue we are going to have if we don't have a deep freeze?

(The above information is completely unfounded...I really have NO clue of what I am talking about)

My grandma and grandpa used to have a deep freeze. They would keep delicious ice cream treats in it for me...however, it was outside in the shed and I was always kind of scared to go out there in the dark. :?
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388

Interesting you mention that though - my lunch date today canceled because she got a tick yesterday! She obviously lives in a more woodsy area but yikes!

Either way, I'll take this weather right into Spring thankyouverymuch!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • iamica wrote:
    The thermometer here reads 58 degrees...I LOVE IT! I wish every winter could be like this. :mrgreen:

This is awesome. Too bad I had to work today....I probably could have went golfing today!
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Interesting you mention that though - my lunch date today canceled because she got a tick yesterday! She obviously lives in a more woodsy area but yikes!

Either way, I'll take this weather right into Spring thankyouverymuch!

If we keep going like this Winter will come in for March and April, Spring will be in June, July, Summer will be August and Sept and Fall ...well you get the idea
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."