Options

SECOND Pearl Jam Super Bowl Board 2012 -- Win PJ Prizes!

walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
edited February 2012 in The Porch
Hi all,

I have just sent a PM to each participant in the pool with the winner's address. Please let me know if you did not receive a PM with this information from me.

Remember, all prizes should be sent within one week of the Super Bowl. As indicated in the PM, I am asking that you all post in this thread when the package has been sent so that I can update the status of each package in the first post.

Thanks again to everyone who played!

********************Update: I have now received addresses from everyone. The pool has been set up and is ready to go.

For those of you who are officially part of this second Super Bowl Board, you may now register on officepooljunkie and select your squares. Remember that you are entitled to FOUR squares anywhere on the board. I'm just doing to do this first come, first served, since you really have no advantage from picking your squares first or last.

When you register for officepooljunkie (if you're not already a member of the site), please do so using the same name as on this Pearl Jam board. That will help avoid confusion when seeing who has what squares.

The link to sign up is: http://www.officepooljunkie.com/join.ph ... s=inhiding.

PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP IF YOU ARE NOT OFFICIALLY PART OF THIS SECOND SUPER BOWL BOARD. If you signed up for the FIRST board, check that thread for the link to that board.

Thanks, and good luck!**********************

By popular demand, I will be running a SECOND board this year for those people who (a) didn't get in on this in time for the first board; and/or (b) got in on the first board and want to play again on a second one. If you are joining this second board, please mention this when you send me your addresses via PM, as it will help me keep things organized more easily. Also, if you PM'd me interested but didn't post in the other thread, please post your interest and boot here, as I'm not going to go through my PM's for anything except addresses.

**NOTE: Returning participants, please see rule #3 below, as I am doing things a bit differently this year and I want you to be aware of this change (I think it's for the better) before you commit to playing.**

The NFL playoffs are back again...and this year, my Niners are finally in contention again. 8-)

The last four years of running the PJ Super Bowl Board have been a tremendous success, so I'm going to skip the gauging interest part this year and just say - game on! For those who are unfamiliar, here's the idea:

This game is a Super Bowl board (or pool, whatever you want to call it). The board is essentially a grid of numbers from 0-9. Each person who enters will receive a Team A number and a Team B number (for example, Steelers 7, Packers 2). If the final score for each team ends in your numbers (for example, Steelers 27-Packers 12, or Packers 42-Steelers 37, etc.), then you are the winner of the board. (For an example, check out last year's board: http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g81/m ... rd2011.jpg).

To make this a Pearl Jam board, the cost of playing will not be money, but rather a Pearl Jam 2000, 2003, 2008, 2010, or 2011 OFFICIAL bootleg -- (please, please, please, no burned copies!!). So, if you are the winner, every other participant will have to send you the Pearl Jam bootleg they pledge in this thread.

Here are the official, detailed rules for the game:

1. You must be 18 or over to play!

2. The amount of entries (numbers) each participant gets will depend on how many people sign up for the game. I will divide 100 by the number of participants entered and that's how many entries each will receive. For example, if 25 people join, that means each person will get 4 entries. If the number does not divide evenly into 100, then there will be a few blank spots on the board...and if those blank spots are the final numbers in the game, we will revert back to the score at the end of the 3rd quarter, etc.).

**3. Numbers for the board will be chosen at random. This year, I will be using an online pool manager (officepooljunkie.com) to run the game. The way this will work is as follows: When all 25 people have signed up, I will PM all participants a link + password to the board. You will need to register on the site (it's free) and then click on the four squares you want to put under your name. YOU WILL NOT KNOW WHAT THE NUMBERS YOU ARE CHOOSING ARE AT THIS POINT, AS THESE NUMBERS WILL BE GENERATED AFTER THE SIGN UP PROCESS ENDS. Squares will be chosen on a first-come, first-serve basis...but again, there is NO advantage by going first or last, as you will not know which points/numbers you are choosing until after sign-up is closed. You are simply choosing what placement of squares on the board you are reserving for the game.

4. You MUST pledge an OFFICIAL PJ bootleg when you sign up. That means no burned copies; I want to make this worthwhile for us collectors! If you have another item of equal or greater value that you would like to pledge, you may do so ONLY if you offer it as an alternative to an official bootleg; for example, you may offer "LA 9/30/09 official boot OR Yield vinyl WINNER'S CHOICE", but you may not offer the vinyl itself without the option of an official boot.

The bootleg may be new or used, but it must be in good (playable) condition. Also, only boots that were not commercially released are accepted (for example, please don't pledge State College '03).

Once somebody has pledged a specific boot, please do not repeat the same show. I would prefer that whoever wins gets a variety of different boots, not a number of the same ones.

5. If you enter, you MUST pay up if you lose. As you all know, building a reputation as a reliable person is important on this board -- enough said. Please be committed to sending the boot you pledge to the winner within a week after the game ends.

6. Participants must send me their e-mail and the address that they want their prizes to be sent if they win BEFORE the Super Bowl begins. This is simply to ensure that all members are committed to following through with their pledge. I will be in charge of distributing the winner's address to the other participants when the game is over.

7. There will only be one overall winner -- the person with the correct numbers at the end.

8. Sign-ups for the game will end on Friday, 1/27 or when 25 people sign up (whichever happens first). That will give everyone about a week to register for the site and click on the squares they want to choose on the board.

If anyone has any problems with these rules, or anything that's need to be added, please let me know.

===========================================================================================

If you are interested in joining the board, please post in this thread and indicate which official boot (or other PJ item) you will be putting in to the pot. I will be updating the list above as boots and names are added.

Finally, if you want to see last year's thread for this, it is here: http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=148052

Thanks.

===========================================================================================

Here are a list of the participants (will be updated as people sign up):

1. walkunafraid - any boot or t-shirt available in Goods OR EV "Longing to Belong" new/sealed 7" vinyl OR Water on the Road new/sealed Blu-Ray (Winner's choice) package RECEIVED 8-)
2. lippy002 - Atlanta 2000 package RECEIVED 8-)
3. ed243421 - any boot in Goods package RECEIVED 8-)
4. maynardsux - any boot in Goods package RECEIVED 8-)
5. bry321f11 - any boot in Goods package sent
6. mvw - any boot in Goods package RECEIVED 8-)
7. JK36392 - 2000 boot (pledge pending) package RECEIVED 8-)
8. cjzoly - Any Boot in Goods...Or EV Water on the Road...Or RSD Soundgarden Live on I-5—Before the Doors Soundcheck EP - Sealed, Colored, Numbered Vinyl package RECEIVED 8-)
9. NAUjackfan - any boot in goods or Single Video Theory new/sealed DVD package RECEIVED 8-)
10. Bowlhogs33 - any boot in Goods package RECEIVED 8-)
11. PJ-Cubs - Chicago 2009 (night 2) package RECEIVED 8-)
12. F Me In The Brain - any boot in Goods package RECEIVED 8-)
13. Santoron10 - any boot in Goods package RECEIVED 8-)
14. pnothingmanj - any boot in Goods package RECEIVED 8-)
15. rstein27 - any boot from Goods package RECEIVED 8-)
16. mfc2006 - any CD bootleg or Scratch & Dent poster in the 10c Goods section package RECEIVED 8-)
17. youngster - Boston 2010 or any other boot in Goods section package RECEIVED 8-)
18. ckravitz - any boot from Goods package RECEIVED 8-)
19. kasedoug - Winner's choice bootleg OR any DVD (from Goods section) OR Soundgarden "Before the Doors" RSD EP package RECEIVED 8-)
20. VinylGirl - any boot from Goods package RECEIVED
21. Kanye East - any boot from Goods compensation RECEIVED
22. JK_Livin - any boot from Goods package RECEIVED
23. EdsonNascimento - any CD (non-deluxe) in Goods package RECEIVED
24. goodbarron - Seattle 2000, Seattle 2009, Newark or New York (either show) 2010 OR any boot in goods WINNER!
25. PJamRocks - Amongst the Waves 7", The Fixer 7", Immortality 7" (RSD) (ALL THREE) or any boot in the goods section package RECEIVED
Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    cjzolycjzoly Posts: 508
    Im in again...

Any Boot in Goods...Or EV Water on the Road...Or RSD Soundgarden Live on I-5—Before the Doors Soundcheck EP - Sealed, Colored, Numbered Vinyl...
    I'm a Thief, I'm a Liar, There's my Church, I sing in the Choir...Hallelujah...
  • Options
    pm'd
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    Count me in.

Chicago 2009 night 2
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    For sure!

Any boot available in goods - I couldn't stand the idea of parting with one of my own! :)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Count me in - any boot in goods.
  • Options
    Count me in. Any boot in goods section.
  • Options
    rstein27rstein27 Racine, WI Posts: 220
    I'll do this one also...any boot from goods.
    Pearl Jam: East Troy 1998, Chicago 1&2 2009, Philly 4 2009, PJ20 1&2 2011, Wrigley Field 2013, Brooklyn 1&2 2013, Moline 2014, Milwaukee 2014, Wrigley Field 1&2 2016, London 1 2018, Wrigley 1, 2018

EV Solo: Milwaukee 2008, Chicago 1 2009, Seattle 2 2009. Ft Lauderdale 2 2012
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Add me again, Paul. :D Same pledge.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    I am in again as well.

I pledge Boston 2010 or any other boot in Goods section. :D
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    EDIT: I may be number 26, no biggie if so. Just let me know.

I'm in. Any boot from goods.

So since I'm a bit of noob at this, it is cool to have the Goods section purchase direct shipped to the person?

I.e., once we know the winner, you will give us their address and we can just specify on the 10C Goods purchase to ship directly to that address?
  • Options
    ckravitz wrote:

So since I'm a bit of noob at this, it is cool to have the Goods section purchase direct shipped to the person?

I.e., once we know the winner, you will give us their address and we can just specify on the 10C Goods purchase to ship directly to that address?

Yes, that's the best way to go about it :).

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,898
    I'll get in on the second one as well if possible.

I'll pledge any Bootleg or DVD in the goods section. I've also got the Soundgarden Before the Doors RSD EP Vinyl (I'll PM and amend my offer for the 1st board to include it there.)
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,636
    pm sent
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    ckravitz wrote:

Yes, that's the best way to go about it :).

Thanks! :)
  • Options
    VinylGirlVinylGirl Posts: 551
    Alright, you twisted my arm. I'm in on this one as well :D
    Same promise, any boot from the goods section.
    Thanks!

Christy
  • Options
    lippy002lippy002 Posts: 120
    the response for this has been pretty awesome- very cool everybody. and special thanks to walkunafraid for watching over BOTH of these!!
  • Options
    Im in!

Any boot in the goods section
    DC-9/24/96
    Philly-8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16
    Jones Beach-8/25/00
    PSU-5/3/03
    Irvine-6/2/03
    San Diego-6/5/03
    Hershey-7/12/03
    Reading-10/1/04
    The Gorge-9/1/05
    Vancouver-9/2/05
    AC-9/30/05
    E. Rutherford, NJ-6/1/06,6/3/06
    Bonnaroo-6/14/08
    VA Beach-6/17/08
    MSG-5/20/10,5/21/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I'd like to be in. How do you know if a boot has been commercially released?

Any boot in goods.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    I may be right on the edge, but I'll give it a go if there's still space.

Any CD in goods that is not Deluxe or Box Set. This includes any Boot. You want Star Anna... It's yours. You want PJ20 Soundtrack... It's yours. You want Benny CD... It's yours. You want Hamilton 2011... You get the idea.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    I'd like to play.

I have Seattle 2000, Seattle 2009, Newark or New York (either show) 2010 OR any boot in goods.
  • Options
    Only 1 spot left!

Also, don't forget to PM me your mailing/e-mail address if you are on the list.

• Options
    Any takes for the last spot?

Also, I'd really like to get this board finalized in the next day or two. Can those of you who have yet to PM me your addresses PLEASE do so soon?

• Options
    PJamRocksPJamRocks south shore MA Posts: 17
    edited January 2012
    I'm in if there is still room. I have a choice of Amongst the Waves 7", The Fixer 7" and Immortality 7" (RSD) or any boot in the goods section. So to be clear, three new/sealed 7"vinyls or a boot from goods.
    Post edited by PJamRocks on
    Amherst-11/04/91 | Mansfield-07/02/03 | Mansfield-07/03/03 | Mansfield-07/11/03 | Boston-09/28/04 | Boston-09/29/04 | Hartford-05/13/06 | Boston-05/24/06 | Hartford-06/27/08 | Mansfield-06/30/08 | Hartford-05/15/10 | Boston-05/17/10 | Worcester-10/15/13 | Worcester-10/16/13 | Hartford-10/25/13 | Fenway-08/05/16 | Fenway-08/07/16 | Fenway-09/02/18 | Fenway -09/04/18 | 
  • Options
    Board is now full!

Just need addresses and we will be set to go.

• Options
    Still waiting for a handful of addresses. I'd really like to not have to spend time PMing people reminders, so if you haven't submitted your address to me yet, please do so soon. I'll set the deadline for January 22nd; after that point I'll replace anyone who has yet to submit an email/mailing address with someone on the wait list. Thanks!

• Options
    Edited. Three more addresses to go before we can get the board made and start filling spots.

Oh yeah, and GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Edited. Three more addresses to go before we can get the board made and start filling spots.

Oh yeah, and GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!

Nice! Thanks again for doing this, Paul! Go Texans!!!! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,659
    :?:
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    GO NINERS!

I am betting on the Giants but am a huge 49ers fan!!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    GO NINERS!

I am betting on the Giants but am a huge 49ers fan!!

I hope you win your bets!!!! :D:D:D:D:D