Options

The 6/11/08 Setlist thread

Comments

• Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    justam wrote:
    :eek: Oh no!

LOL I knooow! :D I cant help but laugh!

Note to self : During tour carry charger with you at ALL times!:p ;)
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    1) Of The Girl

Interesting.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    LOL I knooow! :D I cant help but laugh!

Note to self : During tour carry charger with you at ALL times!:p ;)

I've been checking the battery all day. :p:D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,943
    muppet wrote:
    1) Of The Girl

Interesting.

isnt it 7:39 in west palm? http://www.timetemperature.com/tzfl/westpalmbeach.shtml

hasnt started yet, or is that your guess?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I '24
  • Options
    C'mon, c'mon, here is 6 hours later, hit me with the opener, so I can put it on and go sleep finally. But no pranks, please :D
    I can feel like I have a soul that has been saved
  • Options
    C'mon, c'mon, here is 6 hours later, hit me with the opener, so I can put it on and go sleep finally. But no pranks, please :D

We won't know the first song for at least an hour and five minutes!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424

They don't go on for at least another hour.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    This is prob old news to everyone here, but I've heard from a reliable source that PJ soundchecked Who You Are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (its also reported on RM).

Fasten your seatbelts folks...We're in for a rockin tour!!!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    This is prob old news to everyone here, but I've heard from a reliable source that PJ soundchecked Who You Are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (its also reported on RM).

My god I would love to hear that live.
    My first PJ show to witness was at Bonnaroo. How is that for lucky?
  • Options

It's not old news to me. Thanks. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,951
    http://www.theskyiscrape.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2361321#p2361321
    datfly wrote:
    PJ is doing a full rehearsal this very minute..... 7:12 PM Tuesday June 10

My friend just called me from there and I heard part of "Who You Are" over the phone..... FUCK................ I should jump in the car & drive the hour up !

Who You Are
    Present Tense
    Light Years
    Save You
    Blood x 3

Officially kicked off property at 7:45 due to security............ Oh Well

Friend said he has never heard Ed sound this good , said it was powerful and gave him goosebumbs !
  • Options
    HOLY FUUUUCK! :eek: *chills all over* Thank you for sharing that demetrios. :) OMG! Reading that seriously has me lightheaded.:o

WHO
    YOU
    ARE!!!!??

What
    the
    fuck?!?!?!

This is PURE INSANITY!!

We are all SO in for it!!
    :D

Seatbelts for sure!!

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    who you are and LIGHT YEARS!!!! :D
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    why is everyone so infatuated with who you are, it's a mediocre song at best
    NO TIME TO BE VOID OR SAVE UP ON LIFE, YOU GOT TO SPEND IT ALL!!!!!!!
  • Options

nay
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I '24
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    It hasn't been played in ten years. If it was played as much as betterman I'm sure a lot of people would agree with you.
  • Options
    ParasolParasol Posts: 319

First Played
    September 14, 1996
    The Showbox
    Seattle, Washington

Last Played
    March 9, 1998

Sydney Entertainment Centre
    Sydney, Australia

Total Times Played

that's why!!
    --- Barcelona 01/09/2006 ---
    ---- Lisbon 04/09/2006
    ---- Lisbon 05/09/2006
    "One of the best...The Best! Thank You!" Eddie Vedder. 05/09/2006 Lisbon, Portugal
    2007:
    ---- Lisbon 08/06/2007 ----
    ---- London 18/06/2007 ----
    --- Nijmegen 28/06/2007 ---
    --- Werchter 29/06/2007 ---
  • Options
    RedlegsRedlegs Posts: 160
    Dude, it hasn't been played live since 98
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488

agreed.

btw .. maybe this guy will have video clip updates ... KOL live update!

No one is there to see them ...

http://spin.com/pearl-jam-tour
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    edveddedvedd Posts: 152
    check this guy out http://www.spin.com/pearl-jam-tour he updates this website with videos and photos right now from wpb
  • Options
    just cause it hasnt been played in ten years doesnt make it a great song, thats a bad argument. but we all think it is beyond mediocrity. awesome song that will be brought back this year.
  • Options
    I think they could do a great job with 'who you are' these days. would fit in better with their sets more than in 96 i think!

its not really one of my favorites, but i think if its thrown in an 08 setlist, cleaned up and sounding awesome. many will find a new appreciation.. including me!
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,572
    just cause it hasnt been played in ten years doesnt make it a great song, thats a bad argument. but we all think it is beyond mediocrity. awesome song that will be brought back this year.

agreed :)

i was fortunate enough to have heard Who You Are at my very 1st show, Toronto '96, and it sounded amazing LIVE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZaU06VxM0w
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    WaterlilyWaterlily Posts: 71

wow - this is one of those rarely played live songs that I'd love to hear, personally..
    hope they bring it out again for VA Beach!
    ...there's a cloud but the Water remains calm
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    I'll with Glorified G for the opener.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    Last played 1998! :eek: Exactly! I dont care how you feel about the song that is fuckin exciting as hell! Just proves even further that anything is possible...AND THEN SOME! ((:D)) *coughcough* NO WAY! *coughcough* ;)

Awwww YES! And LIGHT YEARS was soudchecked too!!
    :o *tears*
    I just finally made it past Who You Are on that list. hahhaa. :p

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    that dude is funny looking
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    Waterlily wrote:
    wow - this is one of those rarely played live songs that I'd love to hear, personally..
    hope they bring it out again for VA Beach!

i dont think it will get played tonight, theyre probably tightening it up and itll come out later on in the tour.

also keep in mind Ghost was soundchecked like 5 times in euro 07 and never played.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    Do I need a certain program to work the video updates?
    I see the window where it should be but there is nothing there. Just something that says 0%.
    I thought I was up to date with my flash software.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    that dude is funny looking

His scruffy beard makes him look like someone who would have previously followed the Grateful Dead.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&