New Year's Resolutions....

TrujeeperTrujeeper Posts: 58
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
So for 2011, I resolved to quit smoking. Well, I did it. I quit in July. I have no medical coverage. I have a friend who gets state coverage. She had a perscription for Chantix. (She had had it filled and taken them twice, and quit twice, but had started smoking again.) She suggested that she refill her perscription again and give me the bottle. Ordinarily, I would have said no...but I took her up on it. (I know I broke a law or maybe two.) I decided I would make the most of it. I could never risk so much and then throw it away. It is now January 4th, 2012. I am still nicotine free. (I gained a lot of weight but I don't smoke anymore.) My point is, it is never too late to do what you say you are gonna do. My favorite quote from a movie:
People say it is hard to do the right thing. It isn't hard to do the right thing; it is hard to know what the right thing is. Once you know...once you know what the right thing is, it is hard not to do it.
Anyway...does anyone else have any resolutions? My new one is to lose the weight I gained quiting smoking.
Donate to Advocacy for Patients with Chronic Illness today.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    People say it is hard to do the right thing. It isn't hard to do the right thing; it is hard to know what the right thing is. Once you know...once you know what the right thing is, it is hard not to do it.

Like it.
  • It's from a movie called "The Confession" with Alec Baldwin and Ben Kingsly. It is pretty old. I had to order it on Amazon. Anyway, we thought it said a lot...so it's our family creedo.
    Donate to Advocacy for Patients with Chronic Illness today.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,707
    I'm definitely going to make some really good, solid New Years Resolutions. I just hope I remember what they are 361 days from now. ;)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PapPap Posts: 28,789
    Trujeeper wrote:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Congrats on quitting! I was a social smoker.....or I would smoke when I was nervous or upset. It always made me feel "good". When I reached a certain age (cough cough) my doctor looked right in my eyes and said "Youth is no longer saving you". Yikes! I quit cold turkey......and many years later I still have smoking dreams!!

Anyway, I have 2 resolutions this year.

Get out of debt.....and reduce my sugar intake

So far, so good!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I love having a smoke when I'm pissed - but I don't smoke sober anymore \o/

My new years resolution is to start drinking beer. I hate the stuff, but I hate being in situations where beer is the only alcoholic beverage available to me - so it's time to at least suffer it until I can get something proper to drink :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • PapPap Posts: 28,789
    My new year's resolution is to start studying harder. See, I'm a postgraduate student... :)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • 7th August 2005
    my dad got heart attack...got him for operation and etc...
    all day i was in a freak out situation..i went at 1 am home..took a shower
    and get dressed to go back hospital to stay all night at his side...i said..where is my smokes?
    i realise that all day i forget to smoke.in my worst day ever i didnt fuckin smoke....and from that day after 18 years as a smoker i forgot it for ever...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    Trujeeper wrote:

Congratulations, Trujeeper. :thumbup: Awesome quote, too! :mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    7th August 2005
    and get dressed to go back hospital to stay all night at his side...i said..where is my smokes?
    i realise that all day i forget to smoke.in my worst day ever i didnt fuckin smoke....and from that day after 18 years as a smoker i forgot it for ever...

True sense of mind over matter there! :thumbup:
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    7th August 2005

Right on! :)
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i dont see the piint of new years resolutions but i just read henry rollins blog in LA weekly and im borrowing his...

So, if I have any 2012 resolutions, I guess it will be to maintain a constant, unquenchable thirst for listening to music. And, of course, to vote in November. Rockin'!

i do this anyway but i guess ill just continue to do so. ROCKIN' indeed. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    i dont see the piint of new years resolutions but i just read henry rollins blog in LA weekly and im borrowing his...

So, if I have any 2012 resolutions, I guess it will be to maintain a constant, unquenchable thirst for listening to music. And, of course, to vote in November. Rockin'!

i do this anyway but i guess ill just continue to do so. ROCKIN' indeed. 8-)

Love that!