Options

My 9-year old's best time in 2011

DR108002DR108002 Posts: 148
edited January 2012 in Given To Fly (live)
My oldest son, who is nine, maintains a journal for his third grade class. His post today (note he is not the most eloquent with his spelling) :) This post comes a month after winning a prize in school for his independent study project on the subject" "Pearl Jam 20" !!!

"My best time I had in 2011 was when my dad took me to Seattle. It was sooo uneckspected. I wanted to go really bad but my mom said it would be to much money. Two day later my dad said he was going to take me to work. Then we got in the car and next thing we were at an airport. I said "dad why are we here" and he said "I have a meeting here". So we went inside and went in line for an airplane. I said "dad why are we here" and he said "why don't we go to Seattle". So we went to Seattle, 5 hours. We went to the hotel checked in and did our lugage. Then we went to see Eddie Vedder play at Benaroyal Hall and lasted to 2 in the morning. We slept in verry long. Then we went to the Space Neddle. We got hot chocolate on the reastront inside. Then we rode a subway got back in the hotel. We went to a resturont and ate. We were very happy because the resturont had a Eddie Vedder / Pearl Jam Benefit. Then we saw Eddie Vedder again. Then we went back to the hotel and went to sleep. Then we woke up and left to go to Pittsburgh. That was the best time I had in 2011."

Needless to say, the apple didn't fall too far from the tree. It was one of my best memories of 2011 also, getting to meet the nice people with the Wishlist Foundation (otherwise known by my son as the EV/PJ Benefit!), listening to our favorite musician, but most of all just spending good 1:1 time with my boy.
Lukin35
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,149
    thanks for sharing :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Very cool. Yep, another 10c'er in the making it looks like. Well done. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    That is very cool :clap:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    woah, great!

im not planning on having kids, but if i ever got one i would love to take him (or her) to some great rock concerts.

cheers
  • Options
    jened10jened10 Posts: 170
    This is totally awesome!! I am a 6th English teacher (south of Pittsburgh), and I would absolutely love to read about something like this in one of my students' journals. He would probably get bonus points. :)
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Very cool. :thumbup:
    Your son sounds awesome.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    DR108002 wrote:
    My oldest son, who is nine, maintains a journal for his third grade class. His post today (note he is not the most eloquent with his spelling) :) This post comes a month after winning a prize in school for his independent study project on the subject" "Pearl Jam 20" !!!
    quote]

I would like to know more about his "Pearl Jam 20" project, too!
  • Options
    photogirllizphotogirlliz Posts: 2,491
    Awesome! What a fabulous memory for you both to share :D
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Awesome...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    I always enjoy sharing with a fellow-Pittsburgher and 10-clubber!!! We captured Tyler practicing his presentation of the class project.... Perhaps we should move to your district in a few years so you can teach him in 6th grade!!! Enjoy, and thanks for asking.http://youtu.be/DeCUFX89a8E
    Lukin35
  • Options
    DR108002 wrote:
    I always enjoy sharing with a fellow-Pittsburgher and 10-clubber!!! We captured Tyler practicing his presentation of the class project.... Perhaps we should move to your district in a few years so you can teach him in 6th grade!!! Enjoy, and thanks for asking.http://youtu.be/DeCUFX89a8E

Well that gave me chills and made me smile!! I even slowed it down so I could read his facts about the band. I just love how neat kids are, and to see a THIRD GRADER express his love for Pearl Jam is just the best. What a cool mom and dad he must have! :)
    I would love to teach Tyler! We would have a lot to talk about, but I promise I would incorporate learning in the process. :D I teach at Southmoreland School District. We are a small district, but we do great things! Although your district must be pretty awesome if they have projects going on like Tyler's.
    Thanks for sharing all of this. Tell Tyler I think he is the coolest.
  • Options
    This is so incredibly sweet. Cool surprise for your kid!
  • Options
    Thanks all of you for your kind words and interest, and especially jened10. See you at a future show! Peace, Damian
    Lukin35