Anyone else not like watching scary/sad things before bed?

pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Might sound stupid, but I hate watching real life crime shows where they investigate murders or kidnappings right before I go to bed... I don't want it to affect my nights sleep...

I think it happened to me as a kid where I saw some scary thing and had nightmares ever since then, I just never watch it...

Please tell me I am not alone?
Sydney 11/02/2003
Sydney 14/02/2003
Sydney 07/11/2006
Sydney 18/11/2006
Sydney 22/11/2009
EV Sydney 18/03/2011
EV Sydney 19/03/2011
EV Sydney 20/03/2011
Melbourne 24/01/2014
Sydney 26/01/2014
EV Sydney 13/02/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    perhaps you need a teddy bear and night light :P :D
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I‘m with you PJFan31, I hate watching anything “disturbing” before bed as it does make for a restless night’s sleep.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Like the News?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    doesn't bother me
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    you mean like watching an Eagles game?
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I feel the same,we have a show here called Crimewatch,it is on late at night,all re-enactments of serious crimes,murders,assaults violent break in's,rape.
    An hour of having the life scared out of you and at the end of the show as the credits are ready to roll the presenter,like a smiling assassin say's "Thanks for watching and don't have nightmares" :wtf:
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Like the News?

Exactly! My DH is always putting the news on and I can't take hearing all the sadness. It upsets me too much. It's not that I don't care. I do and I pray for everyone. I just like getting the important news/ highlights, as in read the title (only) of an article on Yahoo's front page. That's enough for me. I have too much sadness with my cat/baby's declining health, worrying about my mother's cancer recurring and my (step)dad still recovering from heart surgery and his recent fall down the stairs. Not to mention, my husband now has diabetes and back problems. I need to laugh. Wait, what was the OP's question. :lol:
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,811
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

:lol: i was gonna say that
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    *raises hand* Scary things especially. I'm not one for horror films and such anyway, but before bed is a little too much. One time I was watching a Guns 'n Roses concert tape (yeah, old school :P ) and when it ended, the rest of the tape was Poltergeist. For some reason I kept on watching and when it was over I was a little freaked. Also, I was to spend the night alone cause my family were away. :? So before bed I had to watch and episode of Conan O'Brien and Chocolat (the film). :lol:

Watching True Blood before bed is not a good idea for me either, but that can't be helped. :P
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i dont have nightmares so it doesnt much matter what i watch before bed.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • photogirllizphotogirlliz Posts: 2,491
    I remember as a kid I really hated watching Unsolved Mysteries before I went to bed. For some reason, the music really creeped me out and I would have the hardest time falling asleep.
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

How about a Redskins game.. :(

I watched a Walking Dead marathon and then I had a dream about a zombie invasion... :lol:
    Most of the time I can either wake myself up or "change" things going on in my dream if I have nightmares...
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    i dont have nightmares so it doesnt much matter what i watch before bed.

Nightmares aren't even the biggest problem for me, I don't often have them. *knocks on wood* Watching scary/sad/disturbing things before bed make if more difficult for me to fall asleep, it all ends up whirling in my head. Same goes for reading such things.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    I remember as a kid I really hated watching Unsolved Mysteries before I went to bed. For some reason, the music really creeped me out and I would have the hardest time falling asleep.

:lol::lol::lol: I thought I was the only one..that music still creeps me out!

Did you ever see the one with Henry Rollins?
    afroannnie wrote:

You were definitely NOT the only one...it still creeps me out too. :D
    No, I never saw the Henry Rollins one. :?:
    afroannnie wrote:

You were definitely NOT the only one...it still creeps me out too. :D
    No, I never saw the Henry Rollins one. :?:

I don't remember all the details..but Rollins and his roommate were held up and his roommate was murdered :(
    afroannnie wrote:
    I don't remember all the details..but Rollins and his roommate were held up and his roommate was murdered :(
    Holy crap! Wow...