Lady Gaga....

2»

Comments

• stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    and i wish I was lesbonic enough to contribute to this thread...

I like Lady Ga Ga,in that train wreck way of seeing what weirdness she is going to pull now.I wouldn't do her though ...

... However Beyonce and Pink ...well :P
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    id_hit_it1.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    thing is...she is an awesome singer.....her wacky-ness overshadows it
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • photogirllizphotogirlliz Posts: 2,491
    thing is...she is an awesome singer.....her wacky-ness overshadows it
    Absolutely, neilybabes86! She's a really great singer, actually. Is she weird? Yes. Controversial? Yes. Over-the-top? Yes.

However, she intends to be all of those things...it's a performance...and she is undoubtedly a performance artist in a really true sense of the word. I think her wackyness and actions are often eye-roll inducing and I don't always get her 'out there' explanations, but she has very successfully crafted a character that people either love or love to hate...that's clear by this thread.

Thing is...she gets attention and fame--something she strives for (much like one of her influences, Andy Warhol) in a culture obsessed with celebrity. However, she also has a very devoted and very large fan base that (from what I've heard) she treats very well, she uses her fame and her public persona to support causes and humanitarian efforts she is passionate about, and she quite regularly advocates for those who are often not treated equally. I may think she's strange, but I definitely won't deny her accomplishments and her talent. People talk about her, no matter what...which is probably why networks give her holiday specials. However, tv manufacturers also give us remotes so that we can change the channel if we don't want to watch what's on.
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    I love the Gaga. She is a gangsta. And besides the Thanksgiving and New Year specials she also partnered with Barneys for the holidays and has been selling items through Gaga's Holiday Workshop.

http://www.barneys.com/GAGA%27S-HOLIDAY-WORKSHOP/GAGA_WORKSHOP,default,sc.html?gclid=CN-hnsqrr60CFcNo4AoddQEDmA
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    I think she's remarkably talented, but she's not for me. I'm more partial to bands that come on stage and sing their hearts out without the theatrics. To me, those things distract rather than enhance the music, but to each their own, I suppose, and more power to her for being so uber successful.

I was watching the European MTV awards on Palladia yesterday, you couldn't even see her face! Poor Hoff, Gaga went in for a kiss and he was like, err, where exactly do I plant one?

Lady+Gaga+MTV+Europe+Music+Awards+2011+Exclusive+Cl6gJ6F6GFjl.jpg

These sunglasses/headband might come in handy for jabbing out an eye if someone stands to close to me on the subway: http://www.barneys.com/W.O.W-Sunglasses ... CCESSORIES

:mrgreen::mrgreen: