WTF?

mcgavinjmcgavinj Posts: 311
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I don't know where to put this, and I've really never reached out on here before but I'm at a loss. Found out the wife has been unfaithful to me today. Only 5 years of marriage. An amazing wonderful 2 year old boy gets to bare the weight of this disaster for the rest of his life. I know I'm not perfect and neither was our marriage, but none are. I would have never even thought to go to measures she did...

I reazlie I'm not alone in this battle and my story is like many thousands out there. Those married ones....hold on tight and don't take anything for granted.

Love....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    Oh man, that's truly awful.

Any idea what you're going to do?
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Very sorry to hear this. :(
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    cheating is truly evil......so sorry
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,707
    I'm sorry to hear about this. You're not alone- many of us have been through similar and found our way back to a good life. This forum is a great place to go for support and comfort. Hang in there and keep us posted. Take care.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    I am so sorry to hear this. Love, light and hugs to all three of you.
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    A victim of cheating is a victim of emotional rape. There should be laws against it.

I have NO respect for people that do it. I've see fellow guy acquaintances talk about it and our friendships immediately turned into anger and disrespect from me towards them.

If you aren't happy with someone, you communicate it with them and settle it before you decide to take on another.
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    So sorry you are going through this. My thoughts go out to you.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • photogirllizphotogirlliz Posts: 2,491
    JM4830 wrote:
    I don't know where to put this, and I've really never reached out on here before but I'm at a loss. Found out the wife has been unfaithful to me today. Only 5 years of marriage. An amazing wonderful 2 year old boy gets to bare the weight of this disaster for the rest of his life. I know I'm not perfect and neither was our marriage, but none are. I would have never even thought to go to measures she did...

I reazlie I'm not alone in this battle and my story is like many thousands out there. Those married ones....hold on tight and don't take anything for granted.

Love....
    Wow...I'm so sorry, JM4830! Having been cheated on, I wouldn't wish what you're feeling right now on anyone. It destroyed me...and left me with some pretty severe emotional scars. I hope you get through this ok...hopefully you know how many of us feel for you right now.
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Sad to read this post,it is the most terrible thing in relationships,sending compassionate thoughts to you.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • mcgavinjmcgavinj Posts: 311
    Wow everybody who has commented. THANK YOU! I put it up last night and forgot I had till now and checked and there was like 9 responses...
    Thanks for letting me vent. Thanks for your compassion and support. I'm sorry to all who has gone through this too.
    On a silly note.....I've had Pearl Jam a LOT longer than this woman in my life. My boy's name is Stone:)

Love you all!
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    mcgavinj wrote:
    Wow everybody who has commented. THANK YOU! I put it up last night and forgot I had till now and checked and there was like 9 responses...
    Thanks for letting me vent. Thanks for your compassion and support. I'm sorry to all who has gone through this too.
    Love you all!

Anytime :D there is hardly any of us here who haven't felt the knocks life gives us,but we come here and it's a safe place to be.

mcgavinj wrote:
    On a silly note.....I've had Pearl Jam a LOT longer than this woman in my life. My boy's name is Stone:)

:D8-):clap: Music is a constant and your boys will forever be thought of as 8-) with such a name :D
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    My heart goes out to you and your son. Stay strong, and remember that this is a good place for support.
    ELITIST FUK
  • mcgavinjmcgavinj Posts: 311
    Well, after some soul searching and some help with a counselor. I'm going to move forward trying to work it out with my dear wife. She has to be on board too, and I'm not sure if she is. I need to know I gave my family everything I have before starting the process of moving on.
    Thanks again for all who sent such nice thoughtful comments my way....
    Wish me luck....
  • photogirllizphotogirlliz Posts: 2,491
    mcgavinj wrote:
    Well, after some soul searching and some help with a counselor. I'm going to move forward trying to work it out with my dear wife. She has to be on board too, and I'm not sure if she is. I need to know I gave my family everything I have before starting the process of moving on.
    Thanks again for all who sent such nice thoughtful comments my way....
    Wish me luck....
    Best of luck to you! I hope, for your sake, that your wife is actually on board and willing to put in the work it will take to get past this. In your original post you said that she went to certain lengths...I'm assuming to hide it? I just know that in my case, my ex went to great lengths to lie and hide his extended infidelity from me...I tried staying in the relationship hoping we could work things out (primarily for the sake of our son), but he'd completely lost my trust and I was never able to give that back to him. I was never able to fully give myself to him again after that. If you are able to trust her again, you are much stronger (or much more forgiving) than I am. I hope everything works out for you in the end.
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."