I CANT SLEEP!!!!!

Comments

• ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Last night I went to bed at 3.30am and got up at 7am today.....and now I'm about to pull another (nearly) all nighter. This is because I've been working at home....not partying for NYE....so also trying to be productive. Tried to have a nap today and couldn't! :?

I'm going to be fucked by Monday afternoon! :crazy:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    Morning, conman, hi Ziggy - happy 2012 to you :wave: I feel a little like on groundhog day :lol:

I'm sitting at my computer again, working :| Did you have a good nye? Maybe you would have had to party a little harder in order to fall asleep tonight ...
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    No worries. Tell em to Fuck off! They will understand, right?

I'm on the night shift, so I shouldn't be sleeping now, and I cant sleep for shit during the daylight hours. Never have been able to... Working shift work for 22+ years :x
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06

I'm on the night shift, so I shouldn't be sleeping now, and I cant sleep for shit during the daylight hours. Never have been able to... Working shift work for 22+ years :x

But when do you sleep then? You must sleep sometime!

Have you tried leaving your workplace with sunglasses on? I heard that people do that in order to be able to sleep during the day.
    Leeze wrote:
    Morning, conman, hi Ziggy - happy 2012 to you :wave: I feel a little like on groundhog day :lol:

I'm sitting at my computer again, working :| Did you have a good nye? Maybe you would have had to party a little harder in order to fall asleep tonight ...

We just need Speedy to make it an exact repeat of last night! :lol:

I worked NYE....it was a really productive night so it was good. New Years Day is finishing here and I had a great day today. Lovely breakfast of bacon, eggs, hash browns, baked beans and croissants at mum and dad's house early this morning. Got shitloads of work done this afternoon. A really relaxed day. :thumbup:

Are you planning on working all day today, Leeze?
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    Leeze wrote:

hi Leeze :wave:

nye was ok, didn't really do anything fun but i did party kinda hard, slept for about 3 hours and now i'm wide awake.... same as most nights
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Leeze wrote:

We just need Speedy to make it an exact repeat of last night! :lol:

I worked NYE....it was a really productive night so it was good. New Years Day is finishing here and I had a great day today. Lovely breakfast of bacon, eggs, hash browns, baked beans and croissants at mum and dad's house early this morning. Got shitloads of work done this afternoon. A really relaxed day. :thumbup:

Are you planning on working all day today, Leeze?

Sounds like a good day, and I love that breakfast :thumbup: I will have to work all day to get my stuff done, and tomorrow I'm back in the office again. But only for two days. Then I'm off for a 3-week-vacation. So it's not too bad. I'm going to take a nap in the afternoon, can't do that at work :D
    Leeze wrote:

Sounds like a good day, and I love that breakfast :thumbup: I will have to work all day to get my stuff done, and tomorrow I'm back in the office again. But only for two days. Then I'm off for a 3-week-vacation. So it's not too bad. I'm going to take a nap in the afternoon, can't do that at work :D

Oooo! 3 week vacation!! :clap: Got any fun plans?
    Leeze wrote:

But when do you sleep then? You must sleep sometime!

Have you tried leaving your workplace with sunglasses on? I heard that people do that in order to be able to sleep during the day.

I have a 40 minute nap on the bus ride/commute home. Then after some light breakfast I hit the bed around 9 am, sleep til 11:30 or 12. Wake up... FOR NO REASON most of the time. Really. NO FUCKING reason!!! Then I wander, check the web, turn on the news, get pissed because I am awake...

Then around 2pm I try to head back to bed for a nap until I have to wake up for the next shift by 4:30pm. Many of these 'naps' dont happen for one reason or another... I have been chasing my kids athletics for 12 years... School concerts... band and chior. and sometimes I just want to visit with the kids and the wife when they get home from school, so I stay awake or just catnap for an hour or two.

I do 4 nights in a row now, (F, SA,Su, M) have a few days off, work days on the following F,Sa,Su, then have Monday off, and follow it up by working nights again on Tues, Wed, and Thurs before my weekend off. After that I work 4 days in a row and am rewarded with a whole week off before starting all over again on the nightshift.

Sleep is over-rated.
    Hey Conman,
    where is the asshole of America?
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Leeze wrote:

Oooo! 3 week vacation!! :clap: Got any fun plans?

I'm going to visit someone special, so YES ;):mrgreen:

Conman, sorry to hear that. I think not being able to sleep long enough can really be dangerous to your health. I mean it's okay for a couple of days, but not for weeks. I think I would walk around like a zombie :? Did you try reading? There are loads of boring books (don't try the good ones for this, they will keep you awake) you can wonderfully fall asleep to. Or maybe an audio book?

Wow, given to... that is quite a routine :shock: At least you get that one week off. I'm a bit of a night owl myself, but I think I would go crazy ... Kudos to you for being able to manage a life like that, especially with a family. I can imagine that it must be tough sometimes.
    Hey Conman,
    where is the asshole of America?
    haha Parris Island, SC... i'm stationed here
    Leeze wrote:

Conman, sorry to hear that. I think not being able to sleep long enough can really be dangerous to your health. I mean it's okay for a couple of days, but not for weeks. I think I would walk around like a zombie :? Did you try reading? There are loads of boring books (don't try the good ones for this, they will keep you awake) you can wonderfully fall asleep to. Or maybe an audio book?
    i have kind of a crazy work schedule too so i sleep whenever i can but it's never more than 3 or 4 hours at a time... i'm able to fuction though so i don't think it will effect my health :?
    conman wrote:
    Leeze wrote:

i have kind of a crazy work schedule too so i sleep whenever i can but it's never more than 3 or 4 hours at a time... i'm able to fuction though so i don't think it will effect my health :?

Hey, don't worry - you are young and you won't be living like this forever ;) For a second I thought you fell asleep :lol: Still not tired?
    Leeze wrote:
    conman wrote:
    Leeze wrote:

Hey, don't worry - you are young and you won't be living like this forever ;) For a second I thought you fell asleep :lol: Still not tired?
    :lol: nah, i'll be awake for a few more hours until my next 3 hour nap
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I have never slept properly in my entire life,from birth to 4 all I ever did was catnap,it almost destroyed my parents marriage as they were always so tired.
    Reached my early teens and would have slept for days if I had been left to.
    Mid-teens up to late 20's smoked too much weed,drank,gigged and partied stayed awake for days.
    Late 20's to now,15 years,up countless amounts of times at night,anything from 10 minutes to 2 hours.It sucks, I wish I could just head to bed,get to sleep quickly and not wake until the alarm goes off.
    Over active head I guess :?
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
    I hate OAHS (over active head syndrome)

I remember worrying about coaching little league games to the point I would wake up and change line-ups!
    Hey, where's conman? Finally sleeping? :lol:
    Leeze wrote:
    Hey, where's conman? Finally sleeping? :lol:
    yup, just got my 3 hours :roll:
    Hey, that's better than nothing!

I skipped my nap, but have been quite productive during the last 3 hours :lol:
    Leeze wrote:
    Hey, that's better than nothing!

I skipped my nap, but have been quite productive during the last 3 hours :lol:
    :thumbup:
  • PapPap Posts: 28,785
    Leeze wrote:
    I skipped my nap...

Remember: Never skip your breakfast and your nap.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I could use a nap right about now
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Pap wrote:
    Leeze wrote:
    I skipped my nap...

Remember: Never skip your breakfast and your nap.

But I got so fucking much to dooooooo :crazy: I couldn't afford a nap today :( But I'm fine, I had lots of coffee. Ready for the night shift...
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    My girlfriend has been sleeping 2 to 4 hrs a night... I don't know how she does it, but she lets everything distract her from sleeping.

I bitch and moan when I get less than 6 hrs. I feel like shit and useless.
    Leeze wrote:
    But I got so fucking much to dooooooo :crazy:

And that's the answer to this ^^^ :)
    Gob wrote:
    I bitch and moan when I get less than 6 hrs. I feel like shit and useless.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
    It's all good, Pap. At around half past 3 am I finished my project! I work better when under a certain time pressure... I'm already back at work, but in a very good mood! Vacation is near and I found that six hours of sleep suffice during the week when I'm in good spirits.

Let's see how I feel at 3 pm, that is the time where I usually wanna take a nap :|:lol:
    :wave:
    Leeze wrote:
    It's all good, Pap.

I'm glad to hear that. :D :wave: Conman
    Another bad day of sleep... got about 3.5 hours today, watched a little football, tried to go back to sleep to no avail. up and out the door to work.

Suck a rama

only 3.5 hours until I get home and can hit the bed.

Its a Nyquil day for sure.