NGD!!!

sacto68sacto68 Posts: 70
edited December 2011 in Musicians and Gearheads
DSCF2693-1.jpg

Finally got my J. Mascis Jazzmaster today. It was waiting for me at work. Plugged it in as soon as I got home and she playes & sounds like a dream. Very pleased. :D
San Francisco, California 08-28-2009
San Francisco, California 07-18-2006
Mountain View, California 10-19-1996
San Jose, California 11-04-1995
San Francisco, California 06-24-1995
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Nice. These are getting great reviews.
  • Jazzmasters are great guitars!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • DSCF2696-1.jpg
    work-1.jpg

I think the reviews are pretty much dead on. I've wanted a Jazzmaster for a while now but couldn't find a used one in my price range. I saw that they were releasing this model and ordered it sight unseen. I haven't been able to put this thing down. The two things I was worried about were the neck & the pickups. My other guitars all have glossy thin necks and humbuckers. While this has a chunky satin next. Which feels right at home with me.

I have never really been of a fan of single coils. They're usually to sharp for my taste. The ones in this guitar seem to be a lot fatter. I know the standard JM pickups are different than ones you would find in Strats to begain with. These are sort of a mix between the JM pickups & p90's.

Alright time to go play again. :D
    San Francisco, California 08-28-2009
    San Francisco, California 07-18-2006
    Mountain View, California 10-19-1996
    San Jose, California 11-04-1995
    San Francisco, California 06-24-1995