Options

New unreleased demo "Chinese"

BrainOfMABrainOfMA Posts: 553
edited December 2011 in The Porch
What does everyone think of it? I think it was really good, the bands melody. Ed's haunting vocals just put the piece together. Great solo too!
2013 : London, Buffalo

Comments

• Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    I didn't like it as much as you did... to me it sounded like Alive, the parts of "sorry you didn't see him"... and later on the part of "is something wrong she said"... at the end, before the background vocals, it reminded me of the solo of Dissident, it was kinda the same structure, but the whole song sounded like Alive, it was kind of the buttress...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    I didn't like it as much as you did... to me it sounded like Alive, the parts of "sorry you didn't see him"... and later on the part of "is something wrong she said"... at the end, before the background vocals, it reminded me of the solo of Dissident, it was kinda the same structure, but the whole song sounded like Alive, it was kind of the buttress...

:?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    Not bad.
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    Where is this?
  • Options
    was on pj radio. cameron crowe djed
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    BM42909BM42909 Posts: 143

Wow. He will be missed. I really liked his movies. Almost Famous and Singles make my yearly summer rotation.

What a shame. Gone too soon...
  • Options
    BM42909 wrote:

Wow. He will be missed. I really liked his movies. Almost Famous and Singles make my yearly summer rotation.

:?:
  • Options
    BM42909 wrote:

no, not died. he dj'd the show
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    BM42909BM42909 Posts: 143
    BM42909 wrote:

You say tomato. I say tomato.

Doesn't really work as well in writing, but you get the idea. :)

I still like his movies. Vanilla Sky is also a great flick.
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    isn't vanilla sky the remake for Pedro Almodovar's Abre tus ojos?

Any French or Spaniard jammer around?

My Cameron Crowes fav movies are Singles and Jerry Maguire... then Almost famous and Elizabeth town... cannot find say anything anywhere... I want to watch it before buying it...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    isn't vanilla sky the remake for Pedro Almodovar's Abre tus ojos?

Any French or Spaniard jammer around?

My Cameron Crowes fav movies are Singles and Jerry Maguire... then Almost famous and Elizabeth town... cannot find say anything anywhere... I want to watch it before buying it...

Yes it is. Didn't care for it. I don't care for most of Crowe's work either. I enjoyed PJ20 and the music from Singles.
  • Options
    BryanWebBryanWeb Posts: 262
    I was expecting not to like it but I actually dug it a lot!
    Reminded me a little of ISIS.
  • Options
    Mikee JMikee J Posts: 1,323
    Imagining Ed doing some beautiful melody over top...... I think it also has a real Stone groove, don't get that so much these days.

I think its great :D
    "My body's nobody's body but mine"
  • Options
    False_BeliefFalse_Belief Cardiff Posts: 749
    BM42909 wrote:

Enjoyed this post a lot :lol: :thumbup:

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    BM42909 wrote:

And there we have it. Post of the year.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    BryanWeb wrote:
    I was expecting not to like it but I actually dug it a lot!
    Reminded me a little of ISIS.

It was good, but let's slow down a little. As a colossal ISIS fan...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOo-7kijbcg
  • Options
    Jeez.
    Theres parts in there that fuckin sound like Cocteau Twins, for christ sake.
    Lol.

Good stuff.
    Gotta say, this is the first "pearl jam" song i've ever heard, demo\unreleased or otherwise, that just sounds "like a band" ... not like the M-iIIIi-G-h-T-y PEARRRRLLLL ... JAMMMMMM!
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    I think it was pretty good for a demo. I would like to have heard what it could have become with some more work and lyrics.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    sonnasonna Posts: 377
    BM42909 wrote:

hahahaha
    29/05/2000
    17/08/2009
    22/06/2010
    23/06/2010
    20/06/2012
    21/06/2012
    08/07/2014
  • Options
    chinese sounds very much like some old smashing pumpkins b-side like "not worth asking" or honeyspider
    2006 Arnhem - Antwerp - Paris 2007 Nijmegen - Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen - Arras - Werchter 2012 Amsterdam - Werchter - Arras - Berlin 2014 Amsterdam - Berlin - Werchter 2018 Pinkpop - London - Berlin - Werchter - London
    @BelgianPJfan
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    gremmie.net now i get to remix my ten demo cd!!!! all of my "lost dogs" are as follows:
    1.mookie blaylock demos
    2.ten demos
    3.vs. rough mix
    4.vitalogy rough mix
    5.dave k/a-b-sides
    6.jack irons b-sides
    7.binaural 2
    8.riot act b-sides/chop suey
    9.2003-ole'
    10.christmas singles
    11.edved
    i thinks it's cool how the dave k/a & jack b-sides fit onto individual discs. i could've kept it in "true" order, but i fudged around with my x-mas singles cd a little bit. i might end up changing that one around. all of the music i got i found on gremmie.net . my computer had crashed & i lost all my back up files of my "rare" pearl jam, done a random search & found the site. i didn't even know about the basement until recently (duh!!) great site. thank you pearl jam for being fan friendly & not trying to make a buck off of every recording out there!! love "chinese" by the way. it fits the vibe of ten- heartwrenching, emotional music. would've liked more vocals, but the chanting fits the vibe. viva la pearl jam!!
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014