Options

Thank you PJ for an AMAZING tour!!!

LongRhodeLongRhode Posts: 93
edited July 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
For those sick of the complaining threads... let's hear it for an amazing tour! Reminiscent of Grateful Dead tours of the past.. the tour was short but soooooo sweet!

I am so mesmerized by the boots and there as so many fantastic moments.. so many fantastic renditions of the songs we know and love. Too many to mention.. but a few that really stick out for me:

Present Tense from MSG 1... beautiful and emotional vocals on this version.

1/2 Full from Mansfield 1... sure, Betterman gets the press, but this version of the under appreciated gem kicks serious ass.

Brain of J from Hartford... simply VICIOUS!

Porch from Bonnaroo... killer

EvenFlow from Mansfield 1... wow, what a killer version of a song I have heard so many times that I never thought it would devastate me again. Serious Mike solo and great jam by the whole band... this version made me discover the old favorite again.

Guaranteed from Virginia Beach... are you kidding me?

I was thrilled to see so many songs for the first time in the two shows I witnessed.. Wash, Hard To Imagine, Footsteps, Who You Are... I am just simply amazed by how much FUN the shows were this year too... damn, this band is great!

So let's hear it for the next mini tour.. and feel free to share your favorite versions of the catalog we all love that you were blown away from the boots (or in person).
1991 - Warwick RI
1994 - Boston Garden 1
2003 - Mansfield 1
2004 - Boston 1 & 2
2006 - Albany, Boston 1, Dublin Ireland
2008 - Mansfield 1 & 2, EV Boston 1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,089
    I only went to the two NY shows but it was worth every penny spent and mile travelled :)

Highlights for me were hearing the crowd during Why Go night 1, and STBC....Night 2 just about finished me off when they opened with Release, i've been longing to hear this song live, and Rats was simply awesome :D

Thank you Pearl Jam - come back to Europe soon ;):)
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    thank you for kicking Hartford in the teeth, spinning us around and kicking our asses.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    @ mansfield II, hearing mamasan, i have to say i've never been a huge fan of footsteps but when that song started...it made me grateful for the classics all over again. it's since moved up in my rotation on the iPod and i'm glad i got to see it live (even if it's really common, which it might be)...i seriously felt like a teenager with a crappy tape deck and a handful of favorite tapes again. that's a good feeling :)

wish i could think of more but the night was a bluuuuuuur...
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    hell yes, thank you for the Florida shows!!!
  • Options
    ofthegirl75ofthegirl75 New Jersey Posts: 300
    I can't even express in words how I love this band -to see their shows live and a bootleg as well. No other band compares!