Comments

• Options
    chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox Chicago Posts: 696
    edited June 2016
    Malroth said:

Malroth said:

Malroth said:

gg allin

My twin brother and best friend saw this psycho at The Exit in Chicago in the late eighties.

Trust me...you wouldn't have wanted to have seen this nutjob live!
    Isn't that why I would've wanted to see him live? :wink:
    Well, if one doesn't mind being chased around a bar pool table by a crazed, naked, bloody, feces covered lead singer fella, then it would've been right up your alley!

:fearful:
    Thanks for the story! Did your brother know he was like that before he went. Talk about memorable concerts though. Almost killed by a serial murderer!
    Yeah. We had heard rumors of the guys stage antics. This was all pre-Internet obviously so info certainly was more word of mouth. Evidently the show began with him defecating all over the stage, at which point the "audience participation" part kicked in. (i.e. - he removed the glasses off the face of one fella and then punched him square in the nose). It all sort of went downhill from that point.
    Post edited by chiwhitesox on
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • Options
    PJM3333PJM3333 Chicago Posts: 291
    Malroth said:

Malroth said:

Malroth said:

gg allin

My twin brother and best friend saw this psycho at The Exit in Chicago in the late eighties.

Well, if one doesn't mind being chased around a bar pool table by a crazed, naked, bloody, feces covered lead singer fella, then it would've been right up your alley!

Thanks for the story! Did your brother know he was like that before he went. Talk about memorable concerts though. Almost killed by a serial murderer!
    Yep, that was me being chased around the pool table with my friend John. Decided to go on a whim and thought it would be entertaining. Things started out weird when they all came out naked...went downhill from there.
    2000-Chicago
    2003-Chicago, East Troy
    2006-Chicago, Cleveland
    2009-Chicago
    2011-PJ20 1, PJ20 2
    2013-Wrigley
    2014-Moline, Milwaukee
    2016-Lexington, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018-Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    PJM3333PJM3333 Chicago Posts: 291

Malroth said:

Malroth said:

Malroth said:

gg allin

Yeah. We had heard rumors of the guys stage antics. This was all pre-Internet obviously so info certainly was more word of mouth. Evidently the show began with him defecating all over the stage, at which point the "audience participation" point kicked in. (i.e. - he removed the glasses off the face of one fella and then punched him square in the nose). It all sort of went downhill from that point.
    We saw him on the street before the show too, fully clothed. Looked like a sort of normal guy. Drummer was a fat little naked guy. Freakin hilarious.
    2000-Chicago
    2003-Chicago, East Troy
    2006-Chicago, Cleveland
    2009-Chicago
    2011-PJ20 1, PJ20 2
    2013-Wrigley
    2014-Moline, Milwaukee
    2016-Lexington, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018-Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,897
    edited June 2016
    My list is a strange mishmash of stuff, but kill I would.

Miles Davis playing with John Coltrane
    Bird and Diz
    Janis Joplin
    Billie Holiday
    The Clash(can't believe I never saw them)
    Dead Boys
    Otis Redding
    Sam Cooke
    Makaha Sons of Ni'ihau with Iz
    Fela Kuti
    Joy Division
    Amy Winehouse(on a good night)
    Johnny Cash(my wife saw him 5 times)
    The Germs(not sure if Darby had a good night)
    Post edited by lexicondevil on
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Mad Season
    Screaming Trees
    MLB
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Led Zep
    Bee Gees
    Joy Division
    Joni Mitchell
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,053
    PJM3333 said:

Malroth said:

Malroth said:

Malroth said:

gg allin

Yep, that was me being chased around the pool table with my friend John. Decided to go on a whim and thought it would be entertaining. Things started out weird when they all came out naked...went downhill from there.
    Buddy of mine saw him twice and went up front, brave soul...

Said that GG wanted to "toy" with people. He looked for scared people or fans in the back, especially in the back! Didn't mess with people up front that "wanted it" but I'm sure that changed from show to show.