R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Lint cloth
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    moth balls
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    "liebe mein affe-monkey!"
  • uhhhhh........ :problem:
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
    Funny you asked...

WHY IS WATER CLEAR?

Many people wander why water has a clear, pristine appearance while so many other liquids seem to have at least minimal color. The answer is a complex one and it all begins with the molecular make-up water.

Water is entirely composed of hydrogen and oxygen. Both elements are gases in nature and are invisible. Being composed of such elusive and invisible elements certainly is a large reason why water has that crystal clear appearance.

Any discoloration that may appear in water from a natural source such as a river, lake or underground source such as a well is largely due to natural substances such as algae, leaves, dirt and numerous other particles typically brought in by rainwater.

This ultimately gives the water a cloudy appearance commonly called turbidity. This turbidity can also be an indication of possible pathogens in addition to being unsightly in the water. Turbidity is removed in a variety of ways, largely in processes of sedimentation and filtration systems at the local level.

So just how does clear water affect your body? Like we mentioned earlier, cloudiness or discoloration of naturally clear water could be a sign of turbidity, a natural indicator of possible pathogens. Pathogens are easiest defined by calling them germs.

So naturally, the more effectively treated your water is the less likelihood there is of ingesting pathogens and thus inciting health risks. Simply put...the clearer the water the better!
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,707
    The serious problem of dihyrdrogen monoxide- it's everywhere and there's no way to get rid of it.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

A number 10 king size.
  • Jeff Fishman needs to go home....
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Jeff Fishman needs to go home....

Agreed, i fuckin hate that guy, o.k.i don't hate him in that hate hate level, but he's a asshat.

Agreed, i fuckin hate that guy, o.k.i don't hate him in that hate hate level, but he's a asshat.

The guy who played Billy in the Karate Kid? What's wrong with you people?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,924

The guy who played Billy in the Karate Kid? What's wrong with you people?
    nope Dis. BD means the SEC guy.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    You complete me.
    Avoid+The+Noid.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    ?controllerName=image&action=get&id=1972106&width=628&height=471

Greatist T.V. Show Ever!!!
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,707
    Water, water, everywhere...
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Over 45 beers on tap!
  • Your mom...
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
    Right on red.
    water festival
  • Was that as hard as it looked?
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    gym socks...it's always gym socks.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • I'm pretty sure that makes me 75% Jesus...
  • my boner looks much bigger when I'm sitting and my legs are spread slightly. Then I flex my six pack and I don't even have to think about a girl.

I'm totally becoming Dennis.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
    platforms, cocaine and dances
  • 7RayZ7RayZ Posts: 488
    my boner looks much bigger when I'm sitting and my legs are spread slightly. Then I flex my six pack and I don't even have to think about a girl.

:lol:
  • 7RayZ7RayZ Posts: 488
    7RayZ wrote:
    my boner looks much bigger when I'm sitting and my legs are spread slightly. Then I flex my six pack and I don't even have to think about a girl.

:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    No, I think strawberry is better.
    clearly, you have to turn the air conditioner on