Ugh...Now I know why the holidays are hard for people....

SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
....my Mom is already in bed....she has pancreatic cancer...this is HER holiday and she cannot even enjoy it. Be thankful for who you have.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Sorry to hear about your mom...maybe tomorrow will be better...
    I'll light a candle for her and you.
    ELITIST FUK
  • i know how you feel. my pop is spending this Christmas eve in hospital. Be strong and enjoy it as much as you can
  • Sorry to hear dude, wishing you guys all the best.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Sawyer, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. Please know my prayers are with you and your family, and I'm sending all my best to all of you during this holiday season.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • evmanevman Posts: 55
    sorry to hear that i know how hard it is i lost my dad in march and this is my first christmas with out him
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    edited December 2011
    Sawyer wrote:
    ....my Mom is already in bed....she has pancreatic cancer...this is HER holiday and she cannot even enjoy it. Be thankful for who you have.

I know what you mean and I feel for you...I truly do. I lost my Dad on 1/10/11 and Christmas was the only holiday for 2010 that he was home. He was so strong Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Everyone thought he had turned the corner. In hindsight I think he was making the most of the holiday knowing or feeling something. 10 days later he was back in the hospital for good. I've been joking around on the boards throughout today because it's the only thing keeping my mind occupied. I'm there with you man.
    Post edited by DS1119 on
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,708
    Hang in there, Sawyer. Good thoughts going out for you and your Mom. Wishing you both the best.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    I hope that she makes a full recovery soon. Merry Christmas to you and yours.
  • im sorry to hear about your mom. keep your chin up. Try to make the most out of christmas day and stay strong for her.

*sending you some good christmas vibes your way
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Sorry to hear about your Mom...thoughts and prayers for you and your family at this very difficult time.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I'm sorry to hear it. My mother was going downhill over a Christmas and died on January 9th, quite a few years ago, and yes it does change how one feels, you are right. I hope you have lots more time with your mother. Just spend as much time with her as you can, even if it is just sitting in the same room quietly.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    hugs to you and your mom.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,242
    thoughts are with you & your mom in these difficult times ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Bump because Sawyer needs our positive energy now more than ever. you have only the best thoughts from your 10c friends dude.