Vinyl experts I have a question re: anti-skating...

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
My arm stays in the same place when the vinyl is spinning however I watched on Youtube (link below) that even though the stylus is in the groove during playback it may not be sitting perfectly in the groove (i.e to either side).....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIBtZR941Yw

How do you know if this is the case?
My sound quality seems fine to me, I just want to make sure as I have some PJ vinyl on its way to me and don't want to ruin them, or any vinyl I already have for that matter.
My arm did slide in last time I played a vinyl (as per my previous thread) but I believe that was due to dust, as when I blew on the stylus it fixed the issue.
When I purchased my turntable from a second hand store a few years ago I had the cartridge and stylus changed, the counter weight adjusted, I cannot recall if the dude that done this for me adjusted the anti-skating dial.
A friend of my bro in laws did the swapping of the cartridge/stylus and counterweight adjustment, cannot recall him touching that anti-skating dial.

Thank f*** I watched that video, had to check my stylus is spherical, lucky it is, phewww.
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014