I just quit my job

peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I feel sort of bad about it because I am pretty close with people that I work with and the boss loves me. I just thought it was time to move on and try something different. I got very tired with it and asking people if they pumped gasoline and if they'd like a pizza for $5.99 got super old too.

Anybody else in this situation or have been in it? I'm sure someone is/has been!

Take Care
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    edited December 2011
    I feel sort of bad about it because I am pretty close with people that I work with and the boss loves me. I just thought it was time to move on and try something different. I got very tired with it and asking people if they pumped gasoline and if they'd like a pizza for $5.99 got super old too.

Anybody else in this situation or have been in it? I'm sure someone is/has been!

Take Care

Yes I have been and I know exactly what you're feeling and I'm going through it as we speak but with some different circumstances. You didn't want to be there and do that anymore...you made a decision...and now you're moving on. Bravo to you! :clap:

I'm sure you will find something different and more rewarding for yourself. I've read alot of your posts and you're intelligent and well spoken. You will be fine. 8-) :thumbup:
    Post edited by DS1119 on
  • DS1119 wrote:

Take Care

Yes I have been and I know exactly what you're feeling and I'm going through it as we speak but with some different circumstances. You didn't want to be there and do that anymore...you made a decision...and now you're moving on. Bravo to you! :clap:

I'm sure you will find something different and remore warding for yourself. I've read alot of your posts and you're intelligent and well spoken. You will be fine. 8-) :thumbup:

Thanks for the input, it does mean a lot. Probably time to apply for some internships anyway!
  • I also just quit my job. Yesterday was my last day and I'm hoping to never go back. I'm starting a railway conductor course on the 4th and hope to be doing that miserable job for the rest of my life.
  • 7RayZ7RayZ Posts: 488
    Better to work at Kwik Trip than at the Kum and Go. :lol:
    I also just quit my job. Yesterday was my last day and I'm hoping to never go back. I'm starting a railway conductor course on the 4th and hope to be doing that miserable job for the rest of my life.
    Nice, BNSF was hiring 140 new conductors in the Midwest. Glad you made it through the process.
    You are young and have better chances finding a better job. You will be fine.
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    You can use your time off to catch up on "The Walking Dead." ;)

I find I have about 3 years in any one job, and then I'm bored. At least that's how it was when I worked in hospitals.

The company I work for now is very up front about how nobody will be doing the same thing for more than a year or two, so you can't get bored or overly comfortable.

That, for me, was a major attraction.

At the risk of sounding reallllllly old, I'd urge you to try and experience as much as you can at this point. Nothing like a wide range of interests and work experience!
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • You can use your time off to catch up on "The Walking Dead." ;)

I find I have about 3 years in any one job, and then I'm bored. At least that's how it was when I worked in hospitals.

The company I work for now is very up front about how nobody will be doing the same thing for more than a year or two, so you can't get bored or overly comfortable.

That, for me, was a major attraction.

At the risk of sounding reallllllly old, I'd urge you to try and experience as much as you can at this point. Nothing like a wide range of interests and work experience!

I watched them all already!! Haha

Thanks
  • On your resume, though, be sure to put your email as master_baiter5@.... that attracts attention :D
    oh, and
    DS1119 would hire you ;)
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • On your resume, though, be sure to put your email as master_baiter5@.... that attracts attention :D

Noted.
  • 7RayZ wrote:
    I also just quit my job. Yesterday was my last day and I'm hoping to never go back. I'm starting a railway conductor course on the 4th and hope to be doing that miserable job for the rest of my life.
    Nice, BNSF was hiring 140 new conductors in the Midwest. Glad you made it through the process.
    Unfortunately I'm Canadian.

Noted.
    By the way, in case you hadn't read this...
    http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=179676
    I wasn't just randomly telling you to include masterbation in your email address...thought I should clarify :lol:
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    does this place of employment sell rolling papers, tobacco pipes, and the red/pink zingers?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    nicely done.

to the op
    you will be fine
    you are young and ready
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick wrote:
    does this place of employment sell rolling papers, tobacco pipes, and the red/pink zingers?

Papers yes, pipes no, zingers yes. Pipes are at the tobacco outlets.