Fantasy Football help!!!

shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Non PPR with a flex. My question is should I start Hillis? Or put in a WR? Super Bowl on the line here.

QB Tony Romo
(Dal - QB) QBBN Phi Sat
WR Dez Bryant
(Dal - WR) WRW/R/TBN Phi Sat
WR Julio Jones
(Atl - WR) WRW/R/TBN @NO Mon
RB Rashard Mendenhall
(Pit - RB) RBW/R/TBN StL Sat
RB Ryan Mathews
(SD - RB) RBW/R/TBN @Det Sat
TE Aaron Hernandez
(NE - TE) TEW/R/TBN Mia Sat
W/R/T Peyton Hillis
(Cle - RB) RBW/R/TBN @Bal Sat
BN Demaryius Thomas
(Den - WR) WRW/R/TBN @Buf Sat
BN Antonio Brown
(Pit - WR) WRW/R/TBN StL Sat
BN Toby Gerhart
(Min - RB) RBW/R/TBN @Was Sat
BN Lance Ball
(Den - RB) RBW/R/TBN @Buf Sat
BN Ryan Fitzpatrick
(Buf - QB) QBBN Den Sat
12:00 pm
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Black4Black4 Posts: 59
    Few different factors to consider imo. Since it is not a PPR league, I'd probably go with Hillis. Not saying it's a given to play a RB if not a PPR but it's not like you're benching a Fitz or a Welker for him. The way I look at it and like I said just my opinion. You have a Denver wideout and a Pittsburgh wideout as other options. Big ben is hurt and not gonna play, not saying that Charlie batch won't get to throw but they will rely heavily on Mendenhall (lucky for you he's on your roster as well) as they should. Plus, if i'm not mistaken, wallace is the go to guy in Pitts offense at the Wr position correct? Do I even need to go into detail as to why you shouldn't play your other WR? Hey, I like tebow a lot and root for him as much as the next guy but they aren't gonna be throwing the ball down the field a lot i don't care who their opp is. To end my case for why I believe you should go with Hillis. I saw Cleveland last wk in Phoenix. I'm a huge cardinals fan and not saying their D is awesome but they have been playing a lot better as of late (4 game winning streak) and a big reason is because of their D. Peyton Hillis still had a decent game. He has been a huge disappointment this yr with the injuries and stalled contract talks but he has been coming around. Division rivalry, I do believe ray lewis is still sitten and cle has a backup QB starting. usually means they run a lot more. Good luck to you my friend, Go with your gut. One last suggestion, see what the weather is gonna be like. If it's cold and rainy/snowy go with Hillis
  • I would go Demarius Thomas and hope for a shootout, Balt will shut Hillis down, Ball will share carries....other option would be to monitor the A.P situation and start Gerhardt. Good luck
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    Thanks guys.....I think I am going with Hillis......anything can happen B4 noon tomorrow. Thanks again..

GO RED SKEETERS!!!!!

FEAR THE SKEET!!!!
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,214
    I would go Thomas...he's on fire and it's a great matchup. Hillis has only been averaging 3.5 YPC since he came back and is up against the Ravens. They haven't been amazing against the run, but he makes me nervous.
  • Black4Black4 Posts: 59
    I'm sorry but I would respectfully have to disagree with the other 2 inputs on going with thomas. First of all, Denver has not been in a shootout all yr and even though they've been winning all their pts have come off Tebow rushing Td's and that badass kicker they have. 2nd, since when has that dude been on fire. Remember he stated it was not a PPR league. The only way thomas will get him pts is a ton of yrds and getting in the endzone. Don't see that happening. Not sure of the weather but Buffalo is always cold as shit. Going with Toby if AP is out I think is also a mistake. Minnesota's season is over. They are only playing for draft status now. They're gonna design their game plan around seeing what Ponder can do these last 2 games. I don't believe they'll be running much.

Do me a favor, Be sure to call me out when Thomas goes off for 180yds and 2 td's this wkend :)
    Black4 wrote:
    I'm sorry but I would respectfully have to disagree with the other 2 inputs on going with thomas. First of all, Denver has not been in a shootout all yr and even though they've been winning all their pts have come off Tebow rushing Td's and that badass kicker they have. 2nd, since when has that dude been on fire. Remember he stated it was not a PPR league. The only way thomas will get him pts is a ton of yrds and getting in the endzone. Don't see that happening. Not sure of the weather but Buffalo is always cold as shit. Going with Toby if AP is out I think is also a mistake. Minnesota's season is over. They are only playing for draft status now. They're gonna design their game plan around seeing what Ponder can do these last 2 games. I don't believe they'll be running much.

Do me a favor, Be sure to call me out when Thomas goes off for 180yds and 2 td's this wkend :)
    You sold me. I think Denver is goinf to run the shit out of the ball. If anyhting I think Ball might be a better start than Thomas. Anyway Hillis it is. here is the line of the team I'm playing.

Pos Player Opp Status Projected Actual
    QB Philip Rivers
    (SD - QB) @Det Sat
    3:05 pm 22.43 0.00
    WR Brandon Lloyd
    (StL - WR) @Pit Sat
    12:00 pm 8.62 0.00
    WR Hakeem Nicks
    (NYG - WR) @NYJ Sat
    12:00 pm 9.27 0.00
    RB C.J. Spiller
    (Buf - RB) Den Sat
    12:00 pm 13.02 0.00
    RB Adrian Peterson
    (Min - RB) @Was Sat
    12:00 pm 12.20 0.00
    TE Tony Gonzalez
    (Atl - TE) @NO Mon
    7:30 pm 8.14 0.00
    W/R/T Malcom Floyd
    (SD - WR) @Det Sat
    3:05 pm 6.66 0.00
    K David Akers
    (SF - K) @Sea Sat
    3:15 pm 7.11 0.00
    DEF Houston
    (Hou - DEF) @Ind L, 19-16 11.48 6.00
    Total 98.93 6.00
    Show Bench [+]
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,811
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Well Romo fucked me. down by 22 going into MNF with Julio Jones going but he has Tony G. I'M STILL STANDING (in my Tony Montana voice)!!!!!