star wars holiday special.... holy shit.

catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
hear my name
take a good look
this could be the day
hold my hand
lie beside me
i just need to say
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I'm not going to click on the link, because I've seen it, and once was enough. It's been pretty heavily bootlegged since the 90's, though I'm not sure why anybody would want it, except for pure cheesiness. There was some movie, maybe FanBoys, where a guy was buying a bootleg copy in an alley like it was a drug deal, it was pretty funny.

I'm glad it's out there, because George hates it so much that he once said that if he had a sledgehammer and enough time he would go around and destroy every bootleg of it in existence.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    I made it 4:17 in :lol: Chewies dad disturbed me a little
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    oh no chewbacca seems to be missing.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    ad break. :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Enjoy the ads, they're the best part. Call me when you get to the end and Princess Leia sings the truly horrible Life Day song, we can have a sing-along and then shoot ourselves in the head.
    making bantha surprise atm..mmmmm yummy.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • I'm glad it's out there, because George hates it so much that he once said that if he had a sledgehammer and enough time he would go around and destroy every bootleg of it in existence.

So instead he spends his time trying to find ways to make the franchise lamer than the Christmas special?
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    wtf!? that guy drinks through the top of his head????
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • 7RayZ7RayZ Posts: 488
    edited December 2011
    I got my kid a Whoose your Daddy? shirt with Darth Vader on it today :lol: 3 bucks, such a deal.

I wanna tell him it was asexual reproduction.

ring, ring telephone :lol:
    Post edited by 7RayZ on
    I'm glad it's out there, because George hates it so much that he once said that if he had a sledgehammer and enough time he would go around and destroy every bootleg of it in existence.

So instead he spends his time trying to find ways to make the franchise lamer than the Christmas special?

It's only a matter of time before he makes the Holiday Special even lamer. I can see it now, Blu-Ray special edition, he's added Jar Jar to it, CGI effects, and during the Life Day song Chewbacca screams "Noooooo".

It's only a matter of time before he makes the Holiday Special even lamer. I can see it now, Blu-Ray special edition, he's added Jar Jar to it, CGI effects, and during the Life Day song Chewbacca screams "Noooooo".

not possible.

i think im speechless.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

Really? You just saw this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoSmGgo4xvI

and you found that commercial weird?

By the way, I bet you can never prepare another meal without saying "Stir-whip, stir-whip, whip whip stir"
  • i own this. bought it at a comic book convention a few years back. Quality is absolutely shit, but i need to have everything star wars. Guess lucas is too proud to put this one out on dvd or blu ray. I mean im surprised he doesnt want to make even more money off of something like this. He has no problem repackaging all of his movies every 3 yrs or so, so why not release something the fans would buy
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
    i own this. bought it at a comic book convention a few years back. Quality is absolutely shit, but i need to have everything star wars. Guess lucas is too proud to put this one out on dvd or blu ray. I mean im surprised he doesnt want to make even more money off of something like this. He has no problem repackaging all of his movies every 3 yrs or so, so why not release something the fans would buy

I don't know how many fans would buy it. I know some would, I sure as hell wouldn't. I think so much of the mystique and the reason so many people seek it out is the fact that it's bootlegged, and the dirty little secret George tries to keep hidden. If it came out officially I don't think people would be nearly as excited about it. It would just be another lame thing George put out for money, as opposed to something you are watching against George's wishes.

Really? You just saw this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoSmGgo4xvI

and you found that commercial weird?

By the way, I bet you can never prepare another meal without saying "Stir-whip, stir-whip, whip whip stir"

that woman had 4 arms. :shock:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

That "woman" was Harvey Korman

9573-1934.gif
  • IrishGuyIrishGuy Posts: 258
    There was some movie, maybe FanBoys, where a guy was buying a bootleg copy in an alley like it was a drug deal, it was pretty funny.

This happens in the music video for "white and nerdy" by Weird Al. Maybe that is the scene you are thinking of.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    what the...
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    IrishGuy wrote:
    There was some movie, maybe FanBoys, where a guy was buying a bootleg copy in an alley like it was a drug deal, it was pretty funny.

This happens in the music video for "white and nerdy" by Weird Al. Maybe that is the scene you are thinking of.

Yeah, I couldn't remember exactly where I saw it, but I figured it was probably FanBoys, but about 10 minutes later I remembered it was from the Weird Al video, but I didn't bother changing it.
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    I was "lucky" enough to get my hands on a copy of this "gem" many years ago.

Leia is stoned out of her mind during that life day song. Good stuff.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • that woman had 4 arms. :shock:

9573-1934.gif

It's Hedley.
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    I saw this a couple of years ago on YouTube. I think I can honestly say that it is the worst thing ever filmed.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,797
    i posted this on the other thread as well
    I miss igotid88

9573-1934.gif

thought she looked a little not quite right... and that was before she pulled out that third arm.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    I need to watch the Rifftrax version.

My kids and I sat through this once, its really awful. Although we did annoy my wife to no end making wookie sounds afterwards, pretending to be Lumpy & Grandpa wookie.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Oh my God. I forgot about that.

I vaguely remembered seeing something on TV that involved Chewie and his family, and they were living in trees (at least I thought that's where they were living). And that there was singing.

Mentioned this to someone in recent years, they looked at me and asked if I smoked a lot of weed as a young teen.

Proof! I didn't make this up!
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    Oh my God. I forgot about that.

I vaguely remembered seeing something on TV that involved Chewie and his family, and they were living in trees (at least I thought that's where they were living). And that there was singing.

Mentioned this to someone in recent years, they looked at me and asked if I smoked a lot of weed as a young teen.

Proof! I didn't make this up!

well someone was smoking a lot of weed im sure of it.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Long ago I decided to not spend a dime on the holy trilogy while George Lucas is still alive, but if he hates the Christmas special that much (and it is brutal), I gotta go on record and say I'd buy it.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Screw the movie...I want the TrailTracker for the Crayola Crayons!!! 8-)