Options

11-17-93

pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
edited November 2008 in The Porch
11/17/93 - UNO Lakefront Arena: New Orleans, LA [100m]
support act: Urge Overkill
set: Oceans, Why Go, Jeremy, State of Love and Trust, Even Flow, Glorified G, Daughter/(Release), Go, Animal, Footsteps, Alive, Garden, Porch
enc 1: Rats, (Ben), Blood, Crazy Mary, Indifference
enc 2: Leash

Another very NICE show!! One of the earliest shows I can remember Mike doing the "star spangled banner", but it comes during porch! I thought it kind of interesting that "ben" gets listed in the setlist as a tag even though it IS actually part of the song itself. Victoria Williams and Brendan O'Brien will join PJ on the stage for "Crazy Mary"....VERY COOL!! so...

If you have it....DIG it out!! If you dont?? FIND it!! SPIN it!! ROCK IT!!!
Never, ever, flipping forget
"Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mavimavi Posts: 941
    What is that Ed’s singing in the middle of Porch?? It goes something like:
    “Touch me... Don’t touch me... Touch me... It’s not a good time right now”
    I don’t think I ever heard that before!

Cool show!! As usual thanks for the ride!
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
  • Options
    According to 2FT......

"Touch me ... it's not a good time right now ... fuck with me, I'll fuck with you worse "

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    is this the night when eddie got arrested?
    1998: Indy 2000: Indy, Cincy 2003: Lexington (m.e.o.), Cincy (cancelled),Indy 2004: Toledo 2005: Atlantic City 2 2006: Cleveland, Cincy 2008: Los Angeles1 (EV solo)-front row center!West Palm Beach-2nd row!, Tampa, Chicago 1&2-(EV solo) 2009: Nashville 1&2(EV solo) Memphis(EV solo) Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Rjonesrm20 wrote:
    is this the night when eddie got arrested?

He was actually arrested on the 18th.

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    He was actually arrested on the 18th.

for what?
  • Options
    I BrisK I wrote:
    for what?

Public drunkiness or something to that effect. I dont have time to google it, I am just going off memory. I think he was with a White Sox pitcher that night as well....Not 100% sure.

• Options
    didnt see this post but he spit on a bouncer listen to the show on the 11/19/93,its great and victoria williams and b.o.b were just icing on the cake
    i was at the sound board and backstage for all 3 shows
  • Options
    Notes and Quotes: "You do us one favour, take care of each other tonight", before 'Go'. "this song is about my mother it's called Animal". "I've got some good advice for ya, don't die", before 'Jeremy'. During 'Even Flow' , Eddie said something like this "look what I've been through". "Hey you ever feel like saying: you know what, I've been fuck in the ass so many times that I've got shit coming out of my mouth and you know what I feel? Like kissing you, that's how I feel", before 'Daughter'. The encore began with Eddie saying "This is a song for someone who's here tonight and they know who it is and it's by Pete Townshend", leading to a version of 'The Kids are Alright,' performed by Eddie solo.

On November 17th, two weeks into Pearl Jam's U.S. tour, Eddie was arrested in New Orleans on charges of public drunkenness after a bar room brawl. At around four in the morning, after the first of Pearl Jam's three sell-out shows at the Lake Front Arena, Eddie was drinking in a bar on Decataur Street in the city's French Quarter with members of support band Urge Overkill and Jack McDowall, pitcher for the Chicago White Sox, Urge's local baseball team. Eddie was allegedly involved in an altercation with a local resident, James Gorman. After a frank exchange of opinions, Eddie reportedly spat in Gorman's face. A full-scale fist-fight erupted, the fracas spilling onto the street. In the chaos that followed, Eddie was said to have knocked Gorman unconscious, while McDowall was flattened by a bouncer from the nearby Blue Crystal Nightclub. When the police arrived, they charged Eddie with public drunkness and disturbing the peace. He was released on $600 bond. A few months later Eddie was acquitted by a New Orleans Judge.

"And I didn't do SHIT! What happened, was that in New Orleans, somebody did something I didn't like and I spit in their face. And now there's a three million dollar lawsuit. That's fuckin' bullshit. It was like, I was thinking, 'Would I take this off this guy if I was just fuckin' anybody?'" And I thought, 'No, I fuckin' wouldn't.' I don't know his fuckin' name, I must have talked to, like, two dozen people that night in that bar and the names of 20 of them ended up on my cocktail napkin plus one for the guest list to our next show. And as far as I remember I talked to this guy for a while. "You know," he says suddenly, interrupting himself, "I'm not supposed to even talk about this because it's still in litigation. But fuck that, man. Fuck it. I didn't do shit. I was with Blackie and Ed from Urge. I talked to this guy for a while and we tried to walk on. But this guy, he wouldn't let it go. He still had to have more. He still had to cover some more points. And Blackie says, 'Look, man, just mellow out, we're going, you know...' And this guy's going, 'No, no. I got to say one more thing, we gotta talk...,' and finally I kinda held him against the wall, I spit in his face. Big fuckin' deal. Anyway, then all hell broke loose. But I never threw a punch. Thank goodness. Because -- who knows? -- I could really have hurt him. Because that's when I realized, you know, that my friend was hurt. He fell into the bumper of a Jeep on the street there. So there's this guy, a talented and well-respected friend of mine who's lying on the ground unconscious because of this little dick who's saying to me, 'You're not my Messiah, you're not my Messiah...' and I'm going, 'That's what I was trying to tell you, man. That's what I was trying to tell you. I'm not your fuckin' Messiah.'", Eddie Vedder.

During the show on November 17th, Eddie sang after 'Rats' a few lines from Michael Jackson's 'Ben'. After 'Blood' Eddie said that he and Jeff, "just decided that this was the best bottle of wine so far we've had this tour... so that's means we're gonna stick around and play for a little bit longer". Then the crew brought out an organ, "That's nice!... You know what this means... this must mean that our friend Brendan O'Brien is town. And he's gonna play, uh... He's gonna play that... for you." While they're waiting Eddie said, "So who's coming tomorrow?... If you need tickets I've got some extras." He then started searching around in his jacket pockets. "Oh it must be in my other coat." Brendan took his seat at the organ as Eddie introduced Victoria Williams. 'Crazy Mary' was played
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    eyecanwalk wrote:
    didnt see this post but he spit on a bouncer listen to the show on the 11/19/93,its great and victoria williams and b.o.b were just icing on the cake
    i was at the sound board and backstage for all 3 shows

Wow, just looking at your sig - that's an impressive bunch of shows you've seen.

Why no shows in '98 or between 2000 - 2008?...
  • Options
    This is a cool idea and neat to hear about again
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    a PJ show on my birthday!!! :):)