What did you get YOURSELF for Christmas?

13»

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,541
    81 wrote:
    samsung lcd for living room.

out dinking around today....stopped at best buy and hhgregg....talk about a shit ton of tv's on the floor....i'm waiting for the post christmas super sales

i fucking love this tv. picture is almost too real if that makes any sense...parents got us one for xmas too. :lol: we're putting it up in the bedroom. it's one of the dynex's. that's not living room material. loved the gesture though

hh greg is a decent store. they just started opening up around these parts. that is where we got our kitchen appliances. we're on our 2nd exchange of the fridge (long story--nothing wrong with it, just didn't work out in our kitchen) and i've been real happy with their customer service. they match prices too.
    www.myspace.com
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,281
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    don't think i would buy at best buy....they are typically over priced....

it's an ok place to window shop....although they do a poor job of setting the picture quality

One thing I will recommend is spending a little extra and getting a TV with a 240 refresh rate instead of 120. Makes a world of diffference IMO.
    240? The human eye can't even notice any difference between 120 and 240. cable and satellite don't broadcast anywhere near that...and Blu-ray is 60. What difference are you seeing?
  • MK1980MK1980 Posts: 291
    Manchester night one tickets, and I was lucky enough to be able to purchase through crowdsurge!
    How I choose to feel is how I am...I will not lose my faith, It's an inside job today.
    Manchester Aug 17th 2009
    Hyde Park June 25th 2010
    Manchester June 20th & 21st 2012
    Leeds July 14th 2014
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    An iPhone.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,541
    mca47 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    don't think i would buy at best buy....they are typically over priced....

it's an ok place to window shop....although they do a poor job of setting the picture quality

One thing I will recommend is spending a little extra and getting a TV with a 240 refresh rate instead of 120. Makes a world of diffference IMO.
    240? The human eye can't even notice any difference between 120 and 240. cable and satellite don't broadcast anywhere near that...and Blu-ray is 60. What difference are you seeing?

blu-ray is only 60? is that right? wouldn't there be a lot of motion jumbling going on then?

there's a huge difference between 60hz and 120hz...but i've been told there isn't quite the same difference between 120 and 240. that's why i went with the 120hz on my purchase.
    www.myspace.com
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    hookers and blow
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    there's a huge difference between 60hz and 120hz...but i've been told there isn't quite the same difference between 120 and 240. that's why i went with the 120hz on my purchase.

Not sure how to describe it but I do notice the difference. Seems that much smoother. IDK