Favorite Hotel...

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
What's your favorite hotel you have ever stayed in? Mine is the Essex House in NYC.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Comfort inn
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    waiting for the first person to post Super 8 at Delavan, WI
  • Las Ventanas Al Paraiso in Los Cabos Mexico...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,834
    Calcot manor near Tetbury, in England
    Ritz carlton, key biscayne, FL
    Four seasons, Exuma, Bahamas
    St. Regis, Washington, DC

cant pick one!
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Hotel Monteleone, New Orleans
  • EmBleve wrote:

Cool, I might be travelling there soon. I will make note, thanks! :)

My favorite was just the day after the costa rica PJ show... We went to Arenal in Costa rica by the Volcano and stayed at the Kioro hotel and spa. Holy shit it was awesome. Great to relax after an insane GA PJ experience.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)

My wife has said this was the most romantic place she'd ever been. At least I think it was that hotel...I know it was Cabos...damn her, and that was before I met her, so I gotta imagine all the action she got in mexico?! :shock: :lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)

My wife has said this was the most romantic place she'd ever been. At least I think it was that hotel...I know it was Cabos...damn her, and that was before I met her, so I gotta imagine all the action she got in mexico?! :shock: :lol:
    :lol:
    I was sitting across the pool, next to my wife, and there was a woman who was wearing a thong who was topless... I tried not staring and my wife noticed my non-staring and said... It's ok honey, I am staring too :lol::mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Walt Disney World Swan! not that the hotel is anything special

I was sitting across the pool, next to my wife, and there was a woman who was wearing a thong who was topless... I tried not staring and my wife noticed my non-staring and said... It's ok honey, I am staring too :lol::mrgreen:

:shock: :lol:
    Probably my wife! ;)

your wife sounds cool. (followed-up by a Beavis and Butthead style laugh)...
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    It's a toss-up between the Copley Square Hotel in Boston or the Wynn in Vegas. Ahh Vegas...
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    EmBleve wrote:

Cool, I might be travelling there soon. I will make note, thanks! :)
    Have fun if you go! It's a great city. I last stayed there before Katrina, though...I assume it's still there and the same. The W is (was) also really nice there.
  • the one im going to the lobby and find people with pj shirts...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • the one im going to the lobby and find people with pj shirts...

awesome.
    I had a funny experience in the lobby of the hotel in costa rica last month before the PJ show. I got married the day before in Florida, US, and I was a bit out of it and tired and lacked sleep once I got to CR. I was walking through the lobby and I saw a guy wearing the zombie shirt (i was wearing the wild west PJ shirt), and I looked at him an d was like HOLY SHIT, sweet, a PJ fan! and I pointed at him like a rabid lunatic, forgetting that I was two blocks from the venue and about to go to a PJ show in a few hours. :oops:
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Hyatt downtown atlanta for dragoncon every year :D

its always a blast i've slept in a penthouse suite, a normal room, the floor, on a table in suite.

Its always a good stay
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    The Hyatt Regency - Maui :D

maybe I'll go back someday....

mauihyattpool.jpg
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    of the hotels i've stayed at....

i guess the best was the resort out in scottsdale, or new york new york in vegas

maumee bay state park resort is nice, although i've not stayed.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Motel 6.

You just can't beat $39.95/night, no limit on the number of dogs per room, and no charges for dogs in the rooms.

15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Motel 6.

You just can't beat $39.95/night, no limit on the number of dogs per room, and no charges for dogs in the rooms.

more my speed. i like extra nice though but i can't afford that shit. motel 6... "and we'll leave the light on for ya"
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Monterey Plaza Hotel (http://www.montereyplazahotel.com/) as part of a work trip. Got a room (for free!) overlooking the water, I had the windows open so I can listen to the waves and the heater cranked up :D
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    I have 4:
    The Orchid- Singapore (just lovely!)
    The Crown- Melbourne, Australia
    Cameron House- Scotland (they have a freakin water-slide inside!)
    The Outrigger- Fiji (for our honeymoon we had a little hut right next to the beach, very pretty and incredible service. The Fijian people are soooooo nice!)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    This place

http://www.kingfisherspa.com/

the room two person jacuzzi was jumping distance from the superking bed :D

and here

http://www.thescotsmanhotel.co.uk/

took my mum here for a night for her 70th birthday
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Motel 6.

On a U-haul fueled trip from Atlanta to Salt Lake we stopped at a Motel 6 in St. Louis. We thought the exact same thing, and we were traveling with our dog. It all seemed too good to be true... until we saw what appeared to be a pubic hair on the pillow, along with an unattractive stain. :| ... :? .....
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    be a pubic hair on the pillow, along with an unattractive stain. :| ... :? .....[/quote]
    I hope they didn't charge you extra for that!!!!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,811
    Haven't really stayed in any cool hotels except the ones along the jersey shore (OC, Wildwood, etc...)

If i had my choice I would stay at the Stanley Hotel in CO (or any other haunted hotel). this one has always been a favorite since "The Shining" came out. Plus the Ghost Hunters crew investigated it on a Halloween special a few years back :)

The-Stanley-Hotel.jpg
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    the chelsea NYC.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    The Comfort Suites in Delavan has a waffle maker...

WI114F1.JPG
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    81 wrote:
    of the hotels i've stayed at....

i guess the best was the resort out in scottsdale, or new york new york in vegas

maumee bay state park resort is nice, although i've not stayed.

Maumee Bay Resort - is very nice. I did stay there for a long weekend once. (many years ago )
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • afroannnie wrote:
    The Comfort Suites in Delavan has a waffle maker...

WI114F1.JPG
    for blue ones?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”